Graviteam
March 28, 2024, 12:37:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Panther G mid production [Released, Page1]  (Read 34920 times)
Donken
Generalmajor

« on: July 17, 2012, 10:15:06 AM »

Well, I know i have said that i was gonna do the Luchs first but i got Mistwalkers Panther A model and i just couldnt resist to play around with it! So here is two renders of pretty much a finished Panther G!

Problem is now i love it with all smal details but to make 3 lods of it? Undecided
I have tried and i got stuck with the poly count at lod2 Cheesy and then i need to make one more. So, well see what i can do.

I decided to add all new items and stuff the Panther G got from the factory in Aug, Sep and Oct -44. I hope most ppl are oki with that. I wanted it to look as much different from the Panther A and D as possible without making it a late production, So it got the new chinmantlet, flammvernichter (exhaust pipes) and idler wheels for example (funny thing almost no one knows the difference) But right should be right Cheesy

Pictures of released version:

And here it is finally. The big beautiful Panther G!
Panther G V.1.0 Mediafire
Panther G V.1.0 4shared
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 08:02:39 PM by Donken » Logged

The real heroes are those that never came back.
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2012, 11:21:15 AM »

Looking lovely! I think most fans are going to appreciate this nice present.The G model is sorely missing from the game....
Txema
Generalmajor

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2012, 12:34:41 PM »

Donken,

Thank you very much !!

Really looking forward to the Panther G !!

Smiley

Txema
Littlebro
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2012, 12:38:58 PM »

O my! i can not wait to get my grubby little hands on it ! thank you, thank you, thank you
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2012, 12:42:05 PM »

Hooray!  Cheesy

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
Littlebro
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2012, 12:52:44 PM »

just one thing,im not sure about the drive sprocket guards as in all the pictures ive seen they are much shorter.
In any case it still looks good and you can use my late skin for it if you want as it may just need a few tweeks
Donken
Generalmajor

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2012, 01:00:30 PM »

just one thing,im not sure about the drive sprocket guards as in all the pictures ive seen they are much shorter.
In any case it still looks good and you can use my late skin for it if you want as it may just need a few tweeks

Wow, good eye ^^ Yes they should be shorter hehe. Thanks for reminding me, a have been working further down the list so to speak so i had completely forgotten to change them Cheesy
But what texture do you mean? I havent played with the Panthers in SF before so i have no idea what skins there is "out there"

Littlebro
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2012, 01:53:57 PM »

This one, http://graviteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=10398.0

whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2012, 02:49:39 PM »

If you want, I can grab a swath of zimmerit and add it to the G model skin for more realism. Smiley

Littlebro
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2012, 02:57:49 PM »

the zimmerite was stopped being applied in the late summer/autum of 44 as they thought it was a fire hazzard,it would therefore be better if it was an option on the mod i think ,two tanks for the price of one ,i have a similar mod for the panther d.
Donken
Generalmajor

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2012, 02:58:20 PM »

Littlebro: Great. That one would fit pretty well. According to most sources, during Aug to Sep -44 that kind of camo was applied from the factory. So i think that would be pretty much correct.

Whukid: No zimmerit. They didnt apply zimmerit anymore in Sep -44 according to most sources Cheesy But this could be optional. You can apply zimmerit to the texture after the release so you get the right texture. The one i use is slightly different then the original Panther texture Cheesy

EDIT: ah, littlebro was a little faster xD

kapulA
Oberst

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2012, 03:38:23 PM »

Great to hear, great to hear. I always thought that the removal of the shot trap of the turret mantlet was a not a big deal, but turns out I you can take the bastards out pretty easily if you aim for the bottom part of the mantlet. Smiley
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2012, 03:46:01 PM »

Ah, sorry. I had my Panther models mixed up Tongue

Littlebro
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2012, 04:07:39 PM »

Are the shot trap been killed a few times that way  even in a hull down position  Undecided
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2012, 06:26:28 PM »

Donken why are you doing the mid 1944 model rather than the early one?
Donken
Generalmajor

« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2012, 06:41:50 PM »

I do it because i want something different then just a Panther A/D with different hatches (driver and radioman hatch) and side armor (less sloped but thicker). The main model of A and D and the early version of G do looks almost the same. At 200+ meters you wont see the difference between them. Most of the changes are mechanical or "inside".  Atleast now when i do the mid version it got a different gun mantle, different exhausts, different wheels, other enginedeck and so on, the list can be long Cheesy

This is a comparison:

Guess the models Cheesy
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 06:52:41 PM by Donken » Logged

Littlebro
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2012, 07:31:21 PM »

Is it going to be without Schürzen as that would look much more diffrent?
Donken
Generalmajor

« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2012, 07:48:45 PM »

I have not decided yet about the schurzen. I kind of like it without it so.

And also to clarify the production between Panther A and Panther G. The last Panther A was made in July -44 and the first Panther G in March -44. So the gap between the early and mid Panther G can be used by the Panther A. So when Panther A:s production ended you could kind of say that the mid Panther G started (aug in this case wich is the one i model) So there is no gap anywhere between them!

Littlebro
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2012, 08:17:54 PM »

im with you on the schurzen  Grin,just had a look at a model i made a few years ago with spare track links on the turret sides and it does look good .bet they would be a nightmare to model though !
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2012, 02:19:22 AM »

I think the Ausf G had a thicker mantlet than the A and D model as well?

Off topic, Donken is there any chance you could eventually make a variant of your Jagdpanzer IV with the L43 or 48 gun with a muzzle brake( I know crews would remove it because it created too much smoke when firing)Huh??
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: