Graviteam
April 24, 2024, 04:55:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Whats the difference between Russian and Ukrainian  (Read 9949 times)
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« on: January 17, 2012, 07:11:20 PM »

Yes a silly WESTERN question.  Apart from slightly different alphabet is this like the difference between English English and American English.  Like WTF is zed?  Actually in English words like centre make more sence to me.  in Americian English its center.  I got slapped DOWN in elementry school for wrong spelling.  i got older and was like, you lieing bastard teachers!

But I have noticed Russians and Ukrainians seem to have no problem understanding each other.

Yabba dabba do
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2012, 04:24:26 PM »

But I have noticed Russians and Ukrainians seem to have no problem understanding each other.
Mostly, all ukranians can understand russians, but not vice versa.

Provocative signature removed
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2012, 06:24:56 AM »

Zed is the letter Z and that's how it's pronounced by every English-speaking country outside the US.The American Zee is actually an old English dialectal version of the letetr which died out in the UK in the late 18th century. Like mad being used in the US in the sense of angry.It's not an American invention but simply and regional English usage which fell out of use in the UK.

The same with Portuguese and Spanish.Most Portuguese speakers can understand Spanish but not the other way around.Ukrainian and Russian are close cousins like Spanish and Portuguese or German and Dutch.Ukrainians can also understand Polish speakers as their language is half-way between Russian and Polish.

Well American English is a variant of standard English as are Irish English, Australian English, Canadian English etc.

The American spelling started diverging from the standard English( British ) one in the mid 19th century after Noah Webster , an American philologist, decided - may be as a way of affirming American independence and specificity against the former mother country - to change the spelling of the English language to make it more consistent, simpler and in his eyes more logical.Specifically ther Latin and French words, heavily imported into the old AngloSaxon language by the Norman kings in the 13th and 14th century were beign spelled with the old Norman French fashion centre + centre.However in latin centre was spelled center thus Webster felt English should retunr to the old original spelling rather than the one imposed by the French Norman conquerors of England.Also he felt that it was illogical that the adjective defensive for example derived form dfence was spelled with an s while defence waswith a c.So he decided to simply it by deciding that defence would be spelled with an s as wellEtc.
 Likewise with the u in our words like colour, savour etc.They come form the French eur = couleur,saveuretc .But the original latin version was color(is0, savor etc.So Webster again decixded to revive the old original spelling and remove the u.
Really spelling is a matter of personal preference but if oen adopts one variant then it should be used consistently rather than half American and half British.I personally prefer the standard English spelling but it's a matter of choice although I can see Webster's point in term of simplicity.As for the rest the grammar is simlar it's the same language but spelled a bit differently and of course the accent is different but every language be it Spanish, Portuguese, German, Dutch, Arabic, Chinese, French has variants in accent and sometimes spelling .
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 06:32:11 AM by frinik » Logged
Donken
Generalmajor

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2012, 09:19:43 AM »

Ah languages, A very interesting topic Cheesy its kind of the same here in scandinavia, Norweigan, Swedish and Danish is very close to eachother (and the Swedish speaking Finns). We can understand eachother but with all different dialects it can sometimes make it hard. For example a northerner Norweigan talking to a southern Swede. Grammar is similar but spelling is pretty different sometimes. Like Dutch and German Cheesy

But what i like most is non native english speakers talking english. Dialects i love the most is German and Russian people talking English. It has its charm Cheesy

And the most ironic thing. I have talked to probably several hundreds of different people over Skype and Teamspeak. And guys that is hardest to follow and understand is native english speakers. They seriously have a hard dialect and lots of other different words. And often in my ears they talk to fast somehow.

The real heroes are those that never came back.
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2012, 02:12:13 PM »

Ukrainians can also understand Polish speakers
and belorussian language also Wink

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2012, 02:21:27 PM »

How could I forget Belarussian the bridge between Polish, Russian and Ukrainian....Had a girlfriend from there for over 2 years Wink
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2012, 03:49:24 AM »

Oh, I forgot about croatian language. It's possible to understand(at least for me).

Estnische
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2012, 11:16:25 AM »

Same with Estonian and Finnish. Lots of words are very similar. My Estonian father says when he hears Finnish, it is like hearing a conversation you are not paying attention too. But when you do focus on it, it's 'wrong'.
DA 1775
Oberleutnant

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2012, 11:59:24 PM »

Yes a silly WESTERN question.  Apart from slightly different alphabet is this like the difference between English English and American English.  Like WTF is zed?  Actually in English words like centre make more sence to me.  in Americian English its center.  I got slapped DOWN in elementry school for wrong spelling.  i got older and was like, you lieing bastard teachers!

Would someone please translate this into Russian and Ukrainian ?  Combat Medics will love this as a real time War Game and GRAVITEAM may be able to use it to earn some money from the Ukrainian central government.

re: NIVEL BASICO de HABILITDAD y NIVEL BASICO HABILIDAD de BATALLA EMERGENCIA, INFUSION INTRAVENO de CELULAR DETOX OXIGENO.

TAREA:  NATUROPATICO, Persona Propio o Paciente, administracion de intraveno ozono/polyatomic gas oxígeno en vivio eradicando amenasa letal de nuclear/biologico/químico.     Nota.   Nivel de Habilitad Basico de Batalla Emergencia, esta hecho sin equipo Opcional en respeto voluntario al descrecion de autoridad comandante.

MODELO:  mantener con exito, mandar y operar equipo, insitu.  Con exito, lansar un Infucion Butterfly de tamaño medida a 25 ga. en la derecha o izquierda, en el lugar, medio cubital de un humano o otra forma de humanidad.  Con cuidado esterelizar, cargar, y infundir 25 cc’s gas ozono/polyatamico oxígeno directamente el la vena del paciente sin induciendo sobre-saturacion en la sangre.  Segurar el sitio donde esta el Butterfly, segurando en el paciente segundo  paso de grumo fibrin.  Esterelizar y alsar equipo.  Disponer con expendables y cosas filosos en modo propio.  Monitar el bienestar del paciente.  No hay límite de tiempo.  Se termina la tarea.

PERSONAL:  Instructor de ozono, Qualificado en Primer Auxilio Basico/CPR y Aprendiz.

EQUIPO:   Engendrador de ozono, grado medico para el humano/forma de humanidad, con forma de poder.  Diez (US) quartos/litros (minimo) de gas comprimido oxígeno, grado medical, en un vaso, grado medical, EQUIPADO con un regulador, grado medical, que se ajusta continualmente la cantidad actual, con la capasidad de medir el gas que sale precisamente, al minimo de UNO O MENOS de DOS (1 a 2) (US) quartos/litros por minuto y una valvula que se puede apagar con la capasidad de suplicar el engendrador que produce ozono, indentificado ariba, oxígeno puro (o2), grado medico.  Un herramienta para apagar, si es nesesario, y operar la valvula manual que contiene el oxigeno (o2) grado medical.  Agua que se puede ingectar es discrecional.  Banda medical es discrecional.  Bandas para usar en la area donde se injecta intraveno, es discrecional.  Una (1) onza liquid (US) o TREINTA (30) ml peroxide hidrogeno/etanol . isopropyl, es discrecional.  Guantes de examination, latex, hipoalergenico DOS (2) pares, son discrecional.  DOS (2) máscaras para la cara microbica, son discresional.  Reloj que lée segundos, son discrecional.  Aprovado, una jeringa de todo vidrio, claro, grado sientifico/medical de uso singular/dual de marca “Slip-On/Luer Lock”, aceso inoxidable, tipo de conexion de enganche, teniendo al minimo DIEZ (10) cc volume, interno escala de demarcacion gradient.  Aguja de tamano (25 ga) Veinti-Cinco, Butterfly, para uso intraveno (I.V.) completo con tapon y micro tuberia tapon para apagar.  UNA (1) torniquete.  Una taza/cantina lleno de agua que se puede tomar, OCHO (8) onzas (US) liquido DOS CIENTOS y SESENTAYCINCO milimitros (265 ml) de agua potable pura.

MEDIDAS DE OBRA:  Pedir bendición de El Creador YHWH por Immanuel El Christo.   Obrar con buen humor, ofreser agua y hacer el paciente comfortable.  Sacar y segurar que esta funcionando el equipo, fierros pertenentes, generador de ozono y el oxigeno (o2) grado-medico.  Cargar el “Butterfly” con agua injectable o ozono.  Aplicar el torniquete al paciente.   Cargar y evacuar la heringa con OZONO puro TRES (3) veses en imediato sucesion, asegurando que el embolo no salga para-tras cuando se acaba el gas.  Posicion y lanza el Butterfly, visualizer una brilla de sangre, y remueve el torniquete.  Carga la jeringa con CINCUENTA cc’s (50) de ozono.  Remueve el tapon de el micro tuberia.  Usa la jeringa hasta VEINTICINCO cc’s (25) ambulante,  asegurando que el embolo no se salga para-tras.  Conecta la jeringa al Butterfly micro tuberia.  Infunde ozono/polyatomic oxígeno al paso de DOS cc’s (2) cada DIEZ SEGUNDOS o DIEZ-DOCE cc’s (10-12) cada minute hasta el oxígeno de ozono/polyatomico esta infundido.  Disconecta la jeringa de el micro tuberia y instale el tapon de micro tuberia.  Quíte el Butterfly.  Aplique presion al sitio de la lanza hasta que se establise el Segundo paso de grumo fibrin, entre aproximamente DOS-TRES minutos (2-3).  Hay que vigilar el buen-estar de el paciente, alsar equipo, y depachar con la cosas que son afilados.

NOTA.   Comandantes pueden autorizar agujas alternativas para infusion, y equipo, dependiendo en el disponibilidad, incluso , apropiado equipo comerciales.

Olde Tyme SPEARHEAD Soup ! Two (2) Diced Trunion Bearings, One (1) Minced O-Ring water obstacle crossing seal.  One (1) Chopped Loaders Hatch Gasket-- beat gasket with Bore Evacuator Spanner Wrench until tender...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: