Graviteam
April 24, 2024, 11:00:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Steel Fury on Windows 7 64bit  (Read 33116 times)
dekany01
Oberleutnant

« on: February 01, 2012, 06:40:31 PM »

Hi!

My problem is:
I've installed the game (Win7 64bit). It runs properly, but when i go to settings, the game says my videocard has less than 128 mb ram. ( I got 2gb nvidia gt 440 video card) I've searched hours to find the solution, but i haven't found anything.  Embarrassed I really want to play with this game,  but i don't know what to do! So ... please... somebody... HELP!!

Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 12:37:27 AM »

Something I remember seeing at the 'aviaforums'.

'Video options' settings:

• Select 'no video setting restrictions',
  • Uncheck 'desktop resolution'.

After that, select your preferred resolution from the list.
(You might also need to select the lowest setting 640x480 first, then change it manually in the config file)

Hope this helps?
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 12:45:33 AM by Kyth » Logged

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
dekany01
Oberleutnant

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 08:22:34 AM »

Unfortunetly, it didn't help... Sad but thanks
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 08:25:32 AM by dekany01 » Logged
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2012, 11:07:07 AM »

Dekanyi01 what you haven't said is whether you are able to play the game or not?I remember having the same problem with a gpu almost similar to your's an Nvidia GT330m 1gb ddr3 installed as an OEM on the deskptop that I purchased.Somehow the game could read did read or detect the card's bios .Still despite that I knew that the gpu combined with 8 gbs of ram and and Intel i7 could play SF without problem and it did until it fried( the gpu) 2 months later.It was deffective.I am not suggesting yours is but I think it's SF's game engine which at time does not seem to detect the graphic c'ards real.Do you have up-to-date drivers???Have you tried reinstalling your driver?

With your GT440 you should be able to play SF( depending on your RAM and CPU) at 1440 X 900. 1368 ?768 or 1280X 768 withotu problems and still ahving good fps.

I have an ATI HD5670 1 gb ddr5 instead of the Nvidia GT330M and I have great fps.My desktop is under repairs but that not related to the gpu.
dekany01
Oberleutnant

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2012, 12:07:08 PM »

I'm able to play the game, but with very poor graphics. As if i have an integrated card. It's really irritating.

And yes... i have up-to-date driver for my card. I got no problems with other games. Example i can run correctly the other game from this development, T34 vs Tiger. So i dunno why the game says things like that.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 12:15:07 PM by dekany01 » Logged
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2012, 12:51:27 PM »

Very odd.I have the game installed on both a destopk and a laptop with Windows 7 Home Edition 64 bits and without any problems at all.

1) Have you tried playing with the Compatibility settings of your game/right click the game icon or starter and check the compatibility settings.It should be defaulted to Windows XP Service Pack 3).Tried setting it to Windows 7 and run the program as an administrator.In fact try every compatibility setting.

2) I assume you have an Nvidia Control Pannel on your pc/desktop?Do you by any chance have  dual gpu system on your rig?My Toshiba Qosmio laptop comes both with Intel integrated graphics( the default gpu) and an Nvidia GTX560 M 1.5 gb ddr5.I set every game I play to default to the Nvidia graphic card through the Control pannel otherwise the integrated graphic card takes over and the games are mostly unplayable.

TvsT was not made by Graviteam but by G5.It's not the same game engine at all nor the same developer.

Another thing I did and which I recommend to all playing older games is to re-install Direct X 9C.Why because Win 7 is menat to run on DirectX10 or 11 and many of the dll files that you had in DirectX9C are not present.As a result, games like TvsT, SF, Panzer Elite etc may not run properly.I just go to Mircosoft and downloaded the most complete DirectX9C  whcih is the June 2010 version.

Finally, have you tried creating a new partition on your hard disk and installing SF on that partition rather than on the C: drive which the default?This might be worth a shot if other options fail.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 12:57:36 PM by frinik » Logged
dekany01
Oberleutnant

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2012, 03:21:18 PM »

I'm appraciate your help, but i've reinstalled everything (Directx, drivers etc), but still nothing. So i really don't know what have i missed.
dekany01
Oberleutnant

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2012, 04:12:01 PM »

" I've experienced a configuration problem, the game says I have less than 128Mb video memory (I have 1Gb); however I've seen a similar problem reported in the game forum by a Windows user (see http://graviteam.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=6cd2aa0e1718bd36472576e72ac4de2d&topic=18.msg79#msg79), this leads me to the conclusion that it is not a Wine issue.
In the forum the reply was to use manual configuration, which I did. In fact, setting the graphic options to the highest detail I've had no problems when running the game. "

i googled this yesterday. But the link in the text is not existing anymore. So... i think, maybe a manual configuration will solve the problem. But the config file is in an alian language and i can't understand any of it. Please... if you can send me a good config file, then please do it. I don't know what else can i do! And i really like to play this game normally.

I would be soooo grateful!  Smiley
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2012, 06:00:15 PM »

I could email you one of mine.Most of it is in English and you should be able to model yours after mine.What mod do you have installed/enabled?Pm me your email.Also Dekanyi01 give me your specs; RAM; processor, brand of your desktop or laptop, size of hard disk etc?Where did you get the game?

One last question;are your graphic card or processor overclocked?
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 06:06:21 PM by frinik » Logged
Donken
Generalmajor

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2012, 06:23:01 PM »

Where on your hdd have you installed the game? If you have it in C:/Program(x86) it is hardcoded (in windows) read only folder somehow or something similar and it can screw up lots of things (for the games) on windows 7 64bit installations.

Even if you have not, i can tell most ppl need to learn that always when you install games make a new folder on your hdd and name it "Games" for example and always install your games there in the future. It makes life alot easier Cheesy This have been a very common problem and ppl often dont know it somehow for some reason.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 06:24:51 PM by Donken » Logged

The real heroes are those that never came back.
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2012, 06:31:08 PM »

Dekanyi01 your specs are important in the sens ethat they can tell me whether your pc can play the game or not.The gpu is important but the RAM and the processor matter as well.You can have the best gpu but if your processor is too slow or you have insufficient ram then the game will run slow or not at all.Is your processor single or dual core?

Also DFonken's advice rejoins what I said abotu creating a separate partition or folder where to put your game.Ok will email you my config but I am not sure it will solve your problem.

PS: SF does not take overclocked gpus or cpus which is why I asked.
dekany01
Oberleutnant

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2012, 06:32:58 PM »

I just installed it directly on the C drive... "C:\Lighthouse...."
dekany01
Oberleutnant

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2012, 06:35:13 PM »

I think my comp can run it well... i can play with the latest games... why can't i run this correctly?  Smiley
And thank you for your help!
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2012, 11:18:22 PM »

I think my comp can run it well... i can play with the latest games... why can't i run this correctly?  Smiley
And thank you for your help!

Because you didn't edit the config file manually?

Steel Fury isn't the newest, hence the auto-detect doesn't function reliably for the latest video hardware.

Try editing the resolution in the 'config.engcfg' file.

It should be under the 'i_render:render()' section.

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2012, 02:30:10 AM »

Dekanyi I am emailing you my config fodler today but remove your email from your post.This forum has been massively spammed in the past and the last thing you want is that beliebe me.Which is why I asked you to PM me your email!!! Grin
Estnische
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2012, 02:23:10 AM »

I am going to use this thread to have a bit of a rant, Cliff Claven-style. If you don't know who he is/too young to remember, check this: http://www.davidstuff.com/humor/buffalo.htm

I have SFk42 installed on my PC main drive, which runs Win7 64 bit. SFK42 is a bit old now, so either Win7 or I installed it to the Program Files (x86) folder. It always played fine, but I couldn't find the map editor until Lockie made me some short-cuts. (thank you Lockie  Smiley )

I have been merrily mission making using the mission/map editor and have almost finished. Without any thorough editor documentation, it has been a struggle, but I am getting there. As you know, user-made missions can be found when the editor opens up and it shows a folder named 'cm_users'. But when I went looking for that folder in the game files, it was missing. WTF?

Eventually I found it here:

c:>users>Dad(Brett)>AppData>local>virtualstore>Program Files (x86)>LighthouseInteractive>Steel Fury Kharkov42>data>k42>loc_rus>levels>LEVELS>cm_users    Roll Eyes

Lockie has been encouraging me to move my SFK42 installation to another place. If I create a folder C: Games>Lighthouse Interactive>SFK42 it will still work, yes? Do I then have to make a short-cut to run it?
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2012, 04:43:09 AM »

Eventually I found it here:

c:>users>Dad(Brett)>AppData>local>virtualstore>Program Files (x86)>LighthouseInteractive>Steel Fury Kharkov42>data>k42>loc_rus>levels>LEVELS>cm_users    Roll Eyes

That's quite typical, another example of Windows 7's helpful ways,  Shocked

If I create a folder C: Games>Lighthouse Interactive>SFK42 it will still work, yes? Do I then have to make a short-cut to run it?

You'll need a new set of shortcuts to the new executable's location,

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2012, 08:18:38 AM »

OK I will repeat once more what I have been telling people ad nauseam on every forum I am including this one/ partition your pc/laptop !Whether it's Vista, Win 7 it does not matter If you create new partitiosn on your pc you can install by manual default all your games there instead of having the same issue all the time. It takes 30 minutes to create new partitions. I haven't any issues in installing any game since doing that.Heed, Heed!
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2012, 09:43:27 AM »

OK I will repeat once more what I have been telling people ad nauseam on every forum I am including this one/ partition your pc/laptop !Whether it's Vista, Win 7 it does not matter If you create new partitiosn on your pc you can install by manual default all your games there instead of having the same issue all the time. It takes 30 minutes to create new partitions. I haven't any issues in installing any game since doing that.Heed, Heed!

Not to ad more nauseam  Grin a quick question:

Does adding a new partition change the default install folder for new programs? I understood that you'd need to change a registry key for that?

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2012, 12:29:27 PM »

No of course not but every time you download or install something be it a game or program you always get a prompt telling you that the file is going to be installed into the C:X86 Program Files by default do you want to insall it into another folder?This is where people have to use their fingers and simply enter a different destination folder.....
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: