Graviteam
March 29, 2024, 11:34:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17
  Print  
Author Topic: SPM1.5 ultimate update released! - Discussion.  (Read 241406 times)
Rends
Generalmajor

« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2012, 06:26:02 PM »

Hm, it seems that the latest ultimate release is a sad day for me because my PC can´t handle the game anymore.
Everything crashes with bluescreen and this happened not for faulty install reasons.
I have had this problem before with other usermade missions loaded with many (different/usermade) tanks. It seems that my PC runs either run out of Graphic or sound memory.
Even the stock missions (tested with Fridericus1 campaign) crashes now.
The only mission that still works is the driver tutorial .

So there must have been changes to the stock units (sounds, textures?) that makes my PC not longer compatible with SF.

Embarrassed Embarrassed Cry

Fight blood cancer register at : http://www.dkmsamericas.org/
Mistwalker
Oberst

« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2012, 07:52:27 PM »

the Jagdpanzer being all black except for the Balkenkreuz( not fixed.I tried replacing the dds and bump files with one model I have on another install but did not work.

It's strange. I have a fresh installation of SF on my notebook (not a powerful one, by the way)  with SPM 1.5 and the update and no black texture on jagdpanzer. Sad
and the Tiger II new optic sight.

There's no new optic sight for Tiger II. Smiley Although the model of Tiger II itself was heavily reworked.
Just surprised that the German still don't have much in terms of Beute panzer while the Soviet have a large range of German vehicles including more Panther A in the single vehicles without infantry than the German side???

Can't answer your question. The one who works on trophy vehicles is SHUN. Maybe he isn't interested in trophy Soviet vehicles? Smiley
It seems ot me it would have been more realistic to allocate the Soviet player up to 3 KV-85 instead of one in the vehicles without infantry category in the ME and just one Panther A and allocate 3 Panther A to the German one rather than just one?

There are 3 KV-85 with infantry and 3 Panther A with infantry in mixed units.

So there must have been changes to the stock units (sounds, textures?) that makes my PC not longer compatible with SF.

It's still too early to give up, maybe we can determine a reason. So if you're having trouble with "Fridericus1" try to remove  the update completely. If the game works fine after that there could be the following reasons for the crashes:

1. New sounds (not likely)
2. New mipmapping on APCs (also not likely)
3. New German uniforms (that's most possible reason)

To get rid of 1: with update activated delete the following folder - data\k42\loc_rus\sounds
To get rid of 2: with update activated delete the following folder - data\k42\loc_rus\textures\techn\apcs

Launch the stock campaign after that. If it doesn't help (probably won't), then:

To get rid of 3: with update activated delete the following 3 folders - \data\k42\loc_rus\textures\humans and  \data\k42\loc_rus\go\anims and \data\k42\loc_rus\levels\levels\hum_cfg

If this doesn't help too the reason could be in video or sound drivers. As I've mentioned above I've installed the game with mods on my notebook which is way below average gaming PC and on low settings missions are loading fine, though too long. Smiley
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 08:03:14 PM by Mistwalker » Logged
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2012, 02:26:13 AM »

There's no new optic sight for Tiger II. Although the model of Tiger II itself was heavily reworked.

By new optic I meant that now you can see the tip of the gun in the optic sight when you aim  - like in Red Orchestra - and I like that.May be not intended but it gives a fresh look at the optic sight.

RE the JP not idea what 's causing it?The legs of the radio operator alo stick out of the tracks a very funny look....But the model works fine!

It seems ot me it would have been more realistic to allocate the Soviet player up to 3 KV-85 instead of one in the vehicles without infantry category in the ME and just one Panther A and allocate 3 Panther A to the German one rather than just one?

There are 3 KV-85 with infantry and 3 Panther A with infantry in mixed units.

Precisely my point; why 3 Panther A in the single units for the Soviet player vs only one KV-85?

REnds did you make a fresh install or just enabled the ultimate mod on top of an existing Beta 1.5 + NTA 1.3 or 1.4?The same thing happened to me before with Lockie's mission pack some of the new models conflicted with the models in my existing game or models and it would crash.

With Ultimate what I did was to create a new virgin install of Beta 1.5 which I manually inserted - along with all my maps, my own sounds and tweaks - in every single folder of the Ultimate into Beta 1.5 data folders .I created a monster mod combined Beta 1.5/Ultimate( 4.4 gbs) which I enabled as a stand alone with autumn mod and it's working well. But i don't recommend it as it's tons of work!I would gladly upload it if it were not for it's sheer size!  But the result is that in my JSGME I only have 2 mods enabled: Compass mod v0.2 and the single Beta 1.5-ultimate mod.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 02:30:04 AM by frinik » Logged
heidelbergensis
Oberleutnant

« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2012, 09:59:44 AM »

Very happy with the update; the detail of the new models is second to none...And the integration of the pack in the english version is very useful.

A question: This english pack contains the patch for the first release that appeared two days ago in the sukoi forum? It would be compatible to apply that patch to this english version? Grin
Mistwalker
Oberst

« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2012, 10:28:31 AM »

A question: This english pack contains the patch for the first release that appeared two days ago in the sukoi forum?

Yes, English version is newer, so the patch is included. I think that Eniglish version may receive something like it's own patch in the future though. 
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 10:30:31 AM by Mistwalker » Logged
Rends
Generalmajor

« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2012, 01:13:55 PM »

REnds did you make a fresh install or just enabled the ultimate mod on top of an existing Beta 1.5 + NTA 1.3 or 1.4?The same thing happened to me before with Lockie's mission pack some of the new models conflicted with the models in my existing game or models and it would crash.
I followed the install procedure and disabled all of the few mods before and next enable the basic modes to get it working.
The problem is that the missions loads fine and once i´m in the 3D screen with the external tank view i only need to press they keyboard and than boom i get the bluescreen with reboot.

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2012, 02:32:35 PM »

Ther blue screen usually means a system error or some hardware or software error that forces a PC to shut down to avoid damage.Try to go into your Control pannel under System and Security  the Action centre there you have the Review your computer's status and resolve issue soption.Click on it and run it to see what problesm does oyur system see or saw recently and what options do you have to correct it.What OS do you have?
Mistwalker
Oberst

« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2012, 03:45:51 PM »

RE the JP not idea what 's causing it?The legs of the radio operator alo stick out of the tracks a very funny look....But the model works fine!

Most likely the chunk for the radioman's place is too low, or the pose doesn't fit in JP (in this case different pose should be used).
Precisely my point; why 3 Panther A in the single units for the Soviet player vs only one KV-85?

Well, this just happened that way.  Grin
But the result is that in my JSGME I only have 2 mods enabled: Compass mod v0.2 and the single Beta 1.5-ultimate mod.

You don't need compass mod. Smiley It's in the update.

The problem is that the missions loads fine and once i´m in the 3D screen with the external tank view i only need to press they keyboard and than boom i get the bluescreen with reboot.

I've had the same problem earlier. Not only with SF by the way, but with other games too. It's loading fine, than suddenly boom! - BSOD.

Now about what caused it. For me it was VIA sound driver "viahduaa.sys". BSOD happened with enabled equalizer in "VIA HD Audio Desk" utility. With disabled equalizer everything was OK. So I've installed newest drivers for Windows XP (7.30 version afair). Don't know it this tha case for you though.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 04:32:53 PM by Mistwalker » Logged
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2012, 04:17:48 PM »

Re: SPM1.5 ultimate update released! - Discussion.

« Reply #27 on: Today at 03:45:51 PM »

Quote--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote from: frinik on Today at 02:26:13 AM

Most likely the chunk for the radioman's place is too low, or the pose doesn't fit in JP (in this case different pose should be used).

Mistwalker could you clarify what you mean by a different pose?

Rends
Generalmajor

« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2012, 06:58:41 PM »

Ther blue screen usually means a system error or some hardware or software error that forces a PC to shut down to avoid damage.Try to go into your Control pannel under System and Security  the Action centre there you have the Review your computer's status and resolve issue soption.Click on it and run it to see what problesm does oyur system see or saw recently and what options do you have to correct it.What OS do you have?
I´m running WinXP SP3 and i don´t think that it has this option? check screenshot please.

I've had the same problem earlier. Not only with SF by the way, but with other games too. It's loading fine, than suddenly boom! - BSOD.

Now about what caused it. For me it was VIA sound driver "viahduaa.sys". BSOD happened with enabled equalizer in "VIA HD Audio Desk" utility. With disabled equalizer everything was OK. So I've installed newest drivers for Windows XP (7.30 version afair). Don't know it this tha case for you though.

Hm, i have a Realtek WDM driver installed. SF42 is the only game i have problems with all other works fine. There is also not that much in the startup list. I don´t´´think that the Realtek equalizer will be loaded? Please check screenshot.

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2012, 02:16:23 AM »

I see that you have the System icon on your screen it's likely to be in there.I have XP 2003 Pack 3 on one of my laptops I 'll have to check it out.But it's definitely a system error probably Windows related.What kind of gpu do you have?An Nvidia 6600 or 7000?256 mbs of dedicated  graphic memory?
kapulA
Oberst

« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2012, 12:19:16 PM »

Does one need to install the SPM NTA mods along with this update, and if so, which, 1.3 or 1.4?
And, if so, how would they need to be arranged in the mod enabler to avoid conflicts?
The things I'd like from them are Kyth's improved markings, the MG34 fix and the Pz III pathfinding fix.
Rends
Generalmajor

« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2012, 01:05:51 PM »

I see that you have the System icon on your screen it's likely to be in there.I have XP 2003 Pack 3 on one of my laptops I 'll have to check it out.But it's definitely a system error probably Windows related.What kind of gpu do you have?An Nvidia 6600 or 7000?256 mbs of dedicated  graphic memory?
I have a:

Chipsatz-Modell:   NVIDIA GeForce 9400
  Typ:   GPU
  Bus:   PCI
  VRAM (gesamt):   256 MB

It use 256MB of the 2 GB DDR3 RAM so it doesn´t have dedicated RAM.
What i need to mention is that i have had this Bluescreen in other usermades missions before and i could solve this problem by turning of the sound hardware acceleration in the WInXP audio settings config.

Mistwalker
Oberst

« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2012, 01:38:43 PM »

Mistwalker could you clarify what you mean by a different pose?

in "places" configs for the vehicles there are entries like "pz4_driver", "t34_commander" etc. That's the animation sets (poses) the crewmembers are using.

Hm, i have a Realtek WDM driver installed. SF42 is the only game i have problems with all other works fine. There is also not that much in the startup list. I don´t´´think that the Realtek equalizer will be loaded? Please check screenshot.

No, it's just a VIA HD problem. If you want to know what exactly is the cause of BSOD, please check what's written on the screen next time you experience BSOD again. It usually says about problematic file like "****.sys" in the center of the screen.

Also did you try to remove folders i've pointed?

Does one need to install the SPM NTA mods along with this update, and if so, which, 1.3 or 1.4?
You don't need anything except what's written in the first post.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 01:40:51 PM by Mistwalker » Logged
kapulA
Oberst

« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2012, 02:07:39 PM »

Thanks for the reply Mistwalker, and sorry for asking stupid questions - just downloaded the update and read the readme, that cleared it all up. Smiley
Rends
Generalmajor

« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2012, 02:21:14 PM »

No, it's just a VIA HD problem. If you want to know what exactly is the cause of BSOD, please check what's written on the screen next time you experience BSOD again. It usually says about problematic file like "****.sys" in the center of the screen.

Also did you try to remove folders i've pointed?

Well i have no chance to write down what´s in the bluescreen. It pops up for about half a second before reboot.
Will do tests with the removed folders later the day.

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2012, 02:39:43 PM »

If your problem were sound related in the past have tried tried unchecking the " enable sound acceleration ' button in the audio settings of your game menu?

Otherwsie the only other option is to go into your system's BIOS and check what itsays.Also Windows keep a registry of all the crashes and system errors with the codes.Windows XP also has that feature.
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2012, 02:40:46 PM »

I'm sure that a question like this will be constantly in use, coz there's no description what fas fixed in the mod "spm1.5 UU" and what the new units were added. It does that user should be responsible and guessing what he will exactly install Smiley

Provocative signature removed
Mistwalker
Oberst

« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2012, 02:50:38 PM »

I'm sure that a question like this will be constantly in use, coz there's no description what fas fixed in the mod "spm1.5 UU" and what the new units were added.
It's all in the readme.

Well i have no chance to write down what´s in the bluescreen. It pops up for about half a second before reboot.
To not reboot automatically on BSOD:

1) Go to Control Panel
2) Double click 'System'
3) Click the 'Advanced' tab
4) Click the 'Settings' button under the 'Startup and Recovery' section
5) In the 'System failure' section next to 'Automatically restart' make sure the checkbox is unchecked
6) Save changes by clicking on 'OK'
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 03:06:56 PM by Mistwalker » Logged
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2012, 03:04:59 PM »

It's all in the readme.
It does that a problem of user is EXACTLY a problem of user Cheesy

Provocative signature removed
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17
  Print  

Jump to: