Graviteam
March 28, 2024, 08:18:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17
  Print  
Author Topic: SPM1.5 ultimate update released! - Discussion.  (Read 241385 times)
Rends
Generalmajor

« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2012, 04:08:45 PM »

If your problem were sound related in the past have tried tried unchecking the " enable sound acceleration ' button in the audio settings of your game menu?

Otherwsie the only other option is to go into your system's BIOS and check what itsays.Also Windows keep a registry of all the crashes and system errors with the codes.Windows XP also has that feature.
System BIOS? My Mac doesn´t have the option to run the System BIOS.
I tried what Mistwalker suggested and moved all folders out and in one after one. Once the Sound folder was back it crashes.

and after a couple of tries i was able to get a screenshot of the bluescreen (sorry for the low quality, it was hard to made)

Fight blood cancer register at : http://www.dkmsamericas.org/
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2012, 04:21:13 PM »

OH ! You have Windows XP installed on an Apple Mac pc?Reqading the blue screen does not reveal anythin g particular!It's the standard Windows blue screen with the usual the system was shut dowon to prevent damage to your computer etc. What you really nee dis the Windows error code and send a report to Microsoft and google it o n the internet to see what's causing it and how you can fix it.If your pc has crashed repeatedly in the past and you have tried to get it fixed you are at risk a damaging irreparably your motherboard.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 04:26:37 PM by frinik » Logged
Mistwalker
Oberst

« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2012, 05:30:32 PM »

I tried what Mistwalker suggested and moved all folders out and in one after one. Once the Sound folder was back it crashes.

and after a couple of tries i was able to get a screenshot of the bluescreen (sorry for the low quality, it was hard to made)

Ok, so the "0.0000000A" code message is most common when there are driver problems. And if the reason for the crashes is "Sound" folder, then I can suggest 2 solutions:

1. Simple

-install the SPM 1.5
-install the update
-delete "Sound" folder
-install any sound mod you like

voila!

You will be able to play fine without Sound folder and still hear all the sounds except shot sounds for 88 mm kwk36, 85 mm C-53, 75mmL71 and 122 mm D-25. But it's simple and easy to add your own sounds for that.

OR

I suspect that the folder "speech" in the folder "sounds" is causing the problem (because there are no new shot or engine sounds in stock missions), but I'm not 100% sure (it may also be "reload" folder). If you don't fear the possibility of another BSOD (but I must warn you that BSOD is a bad thing for your PC), you may try to delete "speech" folder+ "reload" folder and test the game. If it won't work - only then you'll delete everything in "sound" folder.

2. Advanced

-update sound drivers for your sound card
-test the game and see if it runs OK
-if this won't work you can try 1st method
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 05:34:31 PM by Mistwalker » Logged
Rends
Generalmajor

« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2012, 08:23:59 PM »

Mistwalker,
i´ve moved out everything of the sound folder except the gun and Diesel engine sounds and it seems to work now.
Thx,
Rends

Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #44 on: February 18, 2012, 07:09:45 AM »

Another option is to un-check the 'Enable quality sound' option in the settings,

There doesn't seem to be a difference to my untrained ears,  Grin

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #45 on: February 18, 2012, 08:32:36 AM »

That's what I suggested in my post 4 above yours.... Grin

Quote" If your problem were sound related in the past have you  tried unchecking the " enable sound acceleration ' button in the audio settings of your game menu?

kapulA
Oberst

« Reply #46 on: February 18, 2012, 05:34:21 PM »

Loving the new version so far - did away with all my old mish-mash of mods and applied just necessary ones and the experience has much improved, heck even the KV-1 unbuttoning works for me now. Cheesy
However, something weird happened to me in the 3rd mission - after a switch from gunner to commander, I found my gunsight to be totally misaligned, which cost me the mission in the long run, as I couldn't return fire to a pesky Pz IV F2 D:

Here's a screen, could anyone tell me how that happened and how to remedy it, if it happens in the future:

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h177/kapulA_85/shot_2012_02_17_22_51_05_0000.jpg
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #47 on: February 18, 2012, 06:03:20 PM »

Simple! Press the O key and you gunsight and gun will be aligned again.Likewise it can happen with the JS-2 and KV-85.When you swirtch position in the KV you move to a new sight.Thus when you reintegrate the gunner's posiiton the need to realign your gunsight.It take 3 to 4 seconds.
kapulA
Oberst

« Reply #48 on: February 18, 2012, 11:16:07 PM »

Thanks frinik, and yeah, actually I recall being able to do something like that, it just didn't seem to work that time around. The stress of the scenario must've gotten to me Smiley
Mistwalker
Oberst

« Reply #49 on: February 18, 2012, 11:23:40 PM »

The rotating panoramic gunsight is used to look around. You'll feel that it's useful in some situations if you're playing without the external view.
Aces
Generalleutnant

« Reply #50 on: February 20, 2012, 03:13:24 PM »

A big thanks for the new version, I'm greatly looking forward to trying it ASAP.

Best Regards

Aces

"IL-2 MAT Manager" co-dev.,Silent Hunter III "Super Turms","Super Pens","Crew on Deck" ,Multi-Skin Bombers dev. Wings of Victory v2.10.
Gamefront: http://tinyurl.com/bpbaeyl
Mediafire: http://tinyurl.com/bn2aoqt
Mistwalker
Oberst

« Reply #51 on: February 20, 2012, 03:23:38 PM »

So, everything's working good?
Any possible suggestions about what should be included in the english patch maybe?

For the russian version it works this way - a link to download the patch is given and the patch is updated periodically when mistakes are found. Right now I've  found that I've messed with panther models a little and  gun damage happens too often.

lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #52 on: February 20, 2012, 03:35:32 PM »

Any possible suggestions about what should be included in the english patch maybe?
KV-1c and Wespeh.

Provocative signature removed
Txema
Generalmajor

« Reply #53 on: February 20, 2012, 04:02:12 PM »

For the russian version it works this way - a link to download the patch is given and the patch is updated periodically when mistakes are found. Right now I've  found that I've messed with panther models a little and  gun damage happens too often.

Hi Mistwalker,

I think that some time ago I saw in the russian forums a mod for the interior of the T34-85 tank... Have you thought about including it in SPM 1.5?

I also think that I saw information about work being done to model the Panther G... It would be also very good to have it in SPM 1.5 !!

Txema
Rends
Generalmajor

« Reply #54 on: February 20, 2012, 07:13:35 PM »

I tried a couple of missions and havn´t found anything wrong yet (beside my sound trouble).

What i would like to see are camo textures for the PzIV-F2. The Pz.IV-H comes with camo like the Panther,Tiger and SdKfz. So the PzIV-F2 looks somewhat out of place.
And some new missions are still in kyrilic.

Mistwalker
Oberst

« Reply #55 on: February 21, 2012, 06:17:15 PM »

KV-1c and Wespeh.

Huh?
I think that some time ago I saw in the russian forums a mod for the interior of the T34-85 tank... Have you thought about including it in SPM 1.5?

Afair that was interior from T-34-76 and it didn't work properly in T-34-85.
I also think that I saw information about work being done to model the Panther G... It would be also very good to have it in SPM 1.5 !!

Panther G was removed because of copyright issues. And it wasn't very good model to begin with.
What i would like to see are camo textures for the PzIV-F2. The Pz.IV-H comes with camo like the Panther,Tiger and SdKfz. So the PzIV-F2 looks somewhat out of place.

I have F2 camo somewhere - looks somewhat like tiger stripes - is that it?

I'm also thinking about a small mod that returns "Panzergrau" color and old russian uniforms - for the people who wants to play "early war" missions with the vehicles in historically correct colors.
And some new missions are still in kyrilic.

That's because nobody tralslated the text. And there's a helluva lot of it, so I doubt it'll ever be translated. Grin But descriptions of those missions at the game menu and mission goals that appear during gameplay should be in English.
Txema
Generalmajor

« Reply #56 on: February 21, 2012, 06:37:37 PM »

I have F2 camo somewhere - looks somewhat like tiger stripes - is that it?

I'm also thinking about a small mod that returns "Panzergrau" color and old russian uniforms - for the people who wants to play "early war" missions with the vehicles in historically correct colors.

That is an excellent idea !

Please, include that mod as an optional mod in the next update.

Txema
Mistwalker
Oberst

« Reply #57 on: February 22, 2012, 06:35:03 PM »

Please, include that mod as an optional mod in the next update.

There will be no next update, from me at least. I'm done with it. Smiley I'll release a small patch for this update soon, and maybe a few small mods later.
Anyway, the UU makes the SPM 1.5 what I personally wanted it to be from the beginning. I'd say - almost non-beta status.

But about the topic: here's what I've found on my HDD. I can include it in the patch. How about it?

Also here's a link for the new 88L71 sound (from another game). The existing one from the update sounds too much like D-25 shot. I can include it in the patch too. Which one is better?

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?h5bz0ftx7qt579v
Rends
Generalmajor

« Reply #58 on: February 22, 2012, 09:44:31 PM »

But about the topic: here's what I've found on my HDD. I can include it in the patch. How about it?

Also here's a link for the new 88L71 sound (from another game). The existing one from the update sounds too much like D-25 shot. I can include it in the patch too. Which one is better?

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?h5bz0ftx7qt579v

Nice camo you have on your HD :-)
And yes please include it in a patch. And yes it would be cool to have the steel grey camos for all the early wars tanks/vehicles and the russian uniforms in a seperate mod too.

Txema
Generalmajor

« Reply #59 on: February 23, 2012, 01:13:07 AM »

Yes, nice camo !

Please, include it in the patch.

And please include also the optional mod for the early war grey tanks and russian uniforms.

Smiley

Txema
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17
  Print  

Jump to: