Graviteam
March 28, 2024, 11:31:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17
  Print  
Author Topic: SPM1.5 ultimate update released! - Discussion.  (Read 241394 times)
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #60 on: February 23, 2012, 01:47:27 AM »

MMMMMMM that 88MML71 sound is awfully familiar Grin

It's the Pak43 gun shot sound from TvsT.
tigershuffle
Hauptmann

« Reply #61 on: February 23, 2012, 12:17:48 PM »

Exellent news .......this will drag me away from Prophesy of Pendor mod again Smiley
Ive been struggling to get some of the User missions to play on my current set up so this will be brilliant.

Are the other mods such as Winter and Desert working with Ultimate ?

Mistwalker
Oberst

« Reply #62 on: February 23, 2012, 08:27:45 PM »

It's the Pak43 gun shot sound from TvsT.

There's no Pak43 in TvT.  Smiley 
 So, should I replace the old sound with this one?
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #63 on: February 24, 2012, 02:20:24 AM »

In the regular game no but I purchased ZeeWolf¨s TvsT Kursk mod.They don´t have the gun deployed in the game but they have the sound.That´s where I got it from?

I personally think it´s the best sound for the KwK43, loud, thundering.Worthy of that gun. Cheesy
Mistwalker
Oberst

« Reply #64 on: February 24, 2012, 03:08:36 PM »

Patch for ultimate update released. Check the download link in the first post.
The main fix is: panther's gun will be damaged several times less (no changes in armormap).  Grin
Also added camo for Pz. III and IV.

"Grey color" mod will be uploaded soon.
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #65 on: February 24, 2012, 03:30:36 PM »

The main fix is: panther's gun will be damaged several times less
We did the same thing for jagdtiger gun and finally refused this trick. Coz it looks completely unrealistic, when shell hits barrel part close to the muzzle break and can't damage it, but for arcade game style it works perfect!

Provocative signature removed
Mistwalker
Oberst

« Reply #66 on: February 24, 2012, 04:16:26 PM »

We did the same thing for jagdtiger gun and finally refused this trick. Coz it looks completely unrealistic, when shell hits barrel part close to the muzzle break and can't damage it
When gun is damaged by every 3rd or even 2nd hit of 85 and 76-mm AP shell in the front hull - doesn't seem realistic too. And this happens much more often than hits in the barrel near muzzle brake, prependicular to it. So it's just a wise compromise.
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #67 on: February 24, 2012, 04:49:39 PM »

So it's just a wise compromise.
Smiley

When gun is damaged by every 3rd or even 2nd hit of 85 and 76-mm AP shell in the front hull
It depends of your game style, if you prefer missions "more tanks against more tanks", then no wonder - your gun will be damaged, but I don't want to be bothered too much with this trick. I also prefer arkadish game style same as you Wink
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 04:57:12 PM by lockie » Logged

Mistwalker
Oberst

« Reply #68 on: February 24, 2012, 05:47:52 PM »

A small announcement for the people, who downloaded the patch by this time - just as I've ulpoaded the patch, Txema sent me a translation of briefings for the "Combat episodes" campaign, so I've included the translation of briefings in the patch and updated it.

It depends of your game style, if you prefer missions "more tanks against more tanks", then no wonder - your gun will be damaged

Gun's damaged in any case, doesn't matter you're playing against tanks or not.
So it's better for the gun not to be damaged by about every 30th hit in the front projection, than to be damaged by every 4th hit in the front projection.

I also prefer arkadish game style same as you

Nope. I not.  Tongue
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 07:24:41 PM by Mistwalker » Logged
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #69 on: February 24, 2012, 07:28:56 PM »

I also prefer arkadish game style same as you
Nope. I won't.  Tongue

That's why u made a miracle weapon "panther". I'm just kidding, don't take it seriously Smiley
But now panther really became a strongest tank and I like it. Will u do the same trick vs other german tanks/spg also? It would be nice!

Mistwalker
Oberst

« Reply #70 on: February 24, 2012, 07:48:57 PM »

But now panther really became a strongest tank and I like it. Will u do the same trick vs other german tanks/spg also?

I've just removed an obvious bug with a crude hack. Looks somehow strange when panther is hit by six 85-mm shells in the front hull, no penetrations, but gun's damaged 3 times. Happened not so often with an old model. So temporary solution is here. Chances that barrel will be hit and gun won't be damaged are very low.
No such problem with other vehicles, so it'll be left as it is now.

lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #71 on: February 24, 2012, 08:00:23 PM »

Looks somehow strange when panther is hit by six 85-mm shells in the front hull, no penetrations, but gun's damaged 3 times.
I've model from spm1.5 and don't have mentioned problems. Anyway you did a good work vs a panther's gun!

Mistwalker
Oberst

« Reply #72 on: February 24, 2012, 09:19:06 PM »

I've model from spm1.5 and don't have mentioned problems.
Good call. I've compared the old model and configs with the new models. Problem solved without hacks.
Txema
Generalmajor

« Reply #73 on: February 25, 2012, 01:35:37 AM »

A small announcement for the people, who downloaded the patch by this time - just as I've ulpoaded the patch, Txema sent me a translation of briefings for the "Combat episodes" campaign, so I've included the translation of briefings in the patch and updated it.

Hi Mistwalker,

Thank you very much for including the translated briefings for the 7 missions of the "Combat episodes" campaign in the patch ! The missions are very good and I do recommend everybody to play them !!  Smiley

I also want to say that the missions were translated by me and Frinik. The work of Frinik has been very important to get good English translations !

Enjoy the missions !

Txema
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #74 on: February 25, 2012, 02:00:27 AM »

Pupil Txema did all the hard work writing 200 times"I will not kill a Tiger tank with a SU-152 again!" Grin

I was just the vicious Headmaster( or Principal if you prefer) beating him with a cane every time he made a spelling error Smiley

Seriously thanks Txema!
Rends
Generalmajor

« Reply #75 on: February 26, 2012, 10:10:42 PM »

I have a very strange sound bug(?) since ultimate update.

First you need to remember that i removed all soldier and tanker speech files out of the Steel fury folders for bluescreen reasons.

Ok and here we go. While driving a Tiger tank i got hit. Next i heard a russian sounding voice but i couldn´t find a russian soldier anywhere near my tank. After some time and moving i realized that the repeating russian sounding voice yell " we are burning" but in german language "wir brennen" . There are a couple of other "we are hit" voices in clear german but the voice "wir brennen" is definitly the same i hear while driving Sovjet tanks but there in russian (obviosly). I need to mention that the voice sound level is way lower than the real german "we are hit" sounds.
It´s very irritating.
Any idea where to find and the sound file and how to remove it.

I´m sure that the sound file wasn´t there before the ultimate update.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 10:17:11 PM by Rends » Logged

Fight blood cancer register at : http://www.dkmsamericas.org/
Mistwalker
Oberst

« Reply #76 on: February 27, 2012, 01:04:36 AM »

Any idea where to find and the sound file and how to remove it.

Yes, it's easy. The problem here is that default installation of SF had this issue, than it was fixed by some patch or sound mod prolly. Then you deleted speech folder and it returned back.  Grin
Now how to fix it. This annoying file we hunt is  "gdam_hit_05.wav" that should be in  "sounds\speech\tank_ger" folder and it plays when your tank is hit. Just find any sound sample you like, name it  "gdam_hit_05.wav" and put in the folder, mentioned above.
Rends
Generalmajor

« Reply #77 on: February 27, 2012, 08:51:30 AM »

Thx Mistwalker. Well i guess i didn´t play the game without a patch/mod ever so that´s why i never heard it before.

Fight blood cancer register at : http://www.dkmsamericas.org/
tonyuk
Major

« Reply #78 on: March 02, 2012, 02:48:32 PM »

Strange thing, had to start all my missions again once installing Ultimate. In the main menu how can I tell whether Ultimate is running as the heading only reads 'Steel Panzer Mod V1.5'

Seems to run Ok, until I try to run the Tiger mission S.Nepokrytoe then I get an exception core 001 error initialization program during the mission.
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #79 on: March 02, 2012, 04:15:42 PM »

there's 2 ways you can mkae sure:

1st open your JSGME and make sure that you have the ultimate enabled, i.e on the right side screen rigth after beta 1.5.

2) when you open the game menu you should have - just above the user-made missions menu - a line that reads ultimate missions and which contains the 7 new missions with the new Tiger I, the Tiger II, the SU-152, the JS-2, the KV-85 etc.These new 7 missions are part of the ultimate release.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17
  Print  

Jump to: