Graviteam
April 20, 2024, 01:06:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17
  Print  
Author Topic: SPM1.5 ultimate update released! - Discussion.  (Read 241491 times)
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #160 on: April 09, 2012, 08:24:08 AM »

Actually I did report something similar but for me it's the jagdpanzer which is completely black.When I installed the PanzerIVH, Jagdpanzer and Trophy Panther A separately as well the Trophy Panther came out completely black.I have not been able to find what conflict creates such result.
kapulA
Oberst

« Reply #161 on: April 09, 2012, 01:15:24 PM »

I just played the West of Kharkov combat episode yesterday, and in addition to the early Tiger I, the '42/43 mod. T-34, the SU-152 and even the PaK 40s (which looked normal in the Chepel T-34 campaign mission; I checked afterwards) were pitch black! A perplexing issue indeed. :x
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #162 on: April 09, 2012, 01:31:18 PM »

Try reactivating SPM 1.5 and the ultimate update,

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
kapulA
Oberst

« Reply #163 on: April 09, 2012, 02:11:18 PM »

I shall, and thanks for the advice, but I'm afraid I won't be able to report back for some time as I'm leaving for my uni town in a bit. I'll be sure to check it once I return.
BigDuke66
Major

« Reply #164 on: April 18, 2012, 01:47:37 AM »

I think I overlook something obvious but where is the "SPM 1.5 beta"? I only see links in the first post for SPM 1.5 ultimate update & SPM 1.5 ultimate update patch.

Beyond that I get the following error message when loading the first training mission(driving tutorial):
Exception core:
001: Error initialization program.

This only comes up when using SPM, when I remove patch and mod and only run with the unofficial patch 0.1 I get into the mission but when I use mod or mod & patch the game crashes at 44% loading.

The order when fully modded is:
unofficial patch_SF_v0.1_ENG
SPM1.5_ultimate_update
SPM1.5_ultimate_update_patch

I run winder W7 64 but have installed it to partition E:\Steel Fury - Kharkov 1942
I'm a bit worried about all the extras that can be installed after the game itself is installed, I marked all but no installation worked and I guess the reason is I run the 64 version of W7, so does SPM need some(or all) of these extra installations?

PS Meanwhile tried several other missions and they all crash sooner or later in the process of loading.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 02:19:35 AM by BigDuke66 » Logged

"Spread word to every slave, that even the mighty republic bleeds when struck!"
THE BLITZ WARGAMING CLUB
Mission: To help the rookies, connect the regulars and honor the hardcore!
JOIN AT http://www.theblitz.org
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #165 on: April 18, 2012, 05:01:18 AM »

BigDuke , I also have >Win7 and I also installed the game on a separate partition. If I understand your post correctly you don't have Beta 1.5 installed? If it's the case then the Ultimate mod won' t work as you need Beta 1.5 installed and enabled before it. I hqve solved thqt issue by creating a new supermod merging both BEta1.5 and Ultimate all in one mod but my solution is difficult and time consuming and the result is a 4.4 GB super mod.

Thus you need to download and install Beta 1.5.
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #166 on: April 18, 2012, 06:57:03 AM »

Hi,

The download link to Steel Panzer Mod 1.5 Beta:

http://files.mail.ru/VSM7BV

There's a ton of further information and downloads at this SimHQ thread:
http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3021012/Steel_Fury_Kharkov_1942_The_Es.html#Post3021012

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
BigDuke66
Major

« Reply #167 on: April 19, 2012, 01:11:05 AM »

That's it the Beta was missing now the game runs, thanks.

Question regarding system requirements, my system is good but graphic card a bit older(2009), I tested one of the missions with a Königstiger and framrates came down to below 20, now I wonder what card I need to let it run smooth with SPM as I have already planned to buy a new one this summer(one of the  just released AMD 78XX series)

THE BLITZ WARGAMING CLUB
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #168 on: April 19, 2012, 11:49:57 AM »

I run SF with an ATIHD 5670 1gbddr5 very smoothly on a desktop and on a alaptop equipped with an NvidiaGTX560M 1.5gb ddr5.So a an ATI 7 series will give you plenty of power.Just make sure you have enough RAM 4gbs min and a decent cpu.With a 7850 for example you should be running SF at max values(the ceiling is set at 60 fps no idea why) consistently even with demanding missions.For best results fps-wise in untick the use desk resolution box in the game's video settings.
BigDuke66
Major

« Reply #169 on: April 20, 2012, 12:23:05 AM »

Thanks.
I guess SF does not support a multi-core cpu?

One last question for now, what does the entry "Enable Horizon Cap" under Realism setting do?

THE BLITZ WARGAMING CLUB
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #170 on: April 20, 2012, 11:19:46 AM »

Correct SF does not seem to support multi core.

Re the horizon Cap I think it simply allows you to have the infinite view on the background landscape and allows you to see the utter limits of the maps...Not entirely sure through.
BigDuke66
Major

« Reply #171 on: April 22, 2012, 05:47:11 PM »

I wonder is there a single main place for this mod?
Seems to be that infos about it a spread over many forums, like this, SimHQ, etc. and I wonder where the right place for some suggestion would be.

THE BLITZ WARGAMING CLUB
Estnische
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #172 on: April 22, 2012, 09:22:48 PM »

Here! The other English speaking forums for SFK42 hardly have any traffic.
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #173 on: April 23, 2012, 02:20:19 AM »

Yes BigDuke  Steel Fury forum is really here.As Esthnische said there's no other place .Thi is hte best and the most helpful believe me.Here everybody is welcome and you'll get help and guidance, mods and missions!
kapulA
Oberst

« Reply #174 on: April 28, 2012, 09:59:45 AM »

A quick q guys, not necessarily related to SPM - was there a command to force the gunner to align the turret to 12 o'clock, or am I imagining things?
If so, could someone please remind me Smiley
Panzerfaust
Generalmajor

« Reply #175 on: April 28, 2012, 10:29:33 AM »

Here! The other English speaking forums for SFK42 hardly have any traffic.

It's important to support and talk about Graviteam and their products at all the forums guys. While I do consider this as the main SFK42 forum for news and updates I still belong and partisipate (to varing degrees) at other forums that have a dedicated Graviteam section or even just an armor section. You would be suprised at how many people I came across that didn't know Graviteam had it's own web (with forums) site or that SFK42 has moved well beyond what was originally released back in 2008. Casting a bigger net will catch more fish so the more info that is spread out there the better it is for Graviteam  Wink
Cheers
Estnische
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #176 on: April 28, 2012, 11:59:58 AM »

A good point. I guess it depends how much energy you have for various fora. I scan SimHQ all the time, as I'm also into racing sims and IL2. I also write articles for a slot car forum.  If I was on an IT help desk, I might have more time to be posting  Smiley
Panzerfaust
Generalmajor

« Reply #177 on: April 28, 2012, 02:08:37 PM »

Cheesy So true Estnische, I do want to thank everyone who has popped over to the other forums to announce new updates and just to answer questions about SFK42, it really is a big help believe me. On another note Doug at SimHq has asked me to contact Vlad to see about doing another Graviteam update article so stay tuned Graviteam faithful  Wink
Cheers
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #178 on: May 01, 2012, 04:16:33 AM »

Hi Panzerfaust! Do you think next time you speak with Zlad you could get some news about the status of their text tank sim Huh? Are they still working on it??,I hope they havn't shelved it!

Cheers!
MrSquiggless
Oberleutnant

« Reply #179 on: May 01, 2012, 01:39:50 PM »

I am struggling with install of SPM V1.5 beta mod in SFK42. I have all of the files.

Can anyone kindly clarify which of the files below will self install in the SFK42 installed game folder,
which ones need JSGME to install them and how to install and use JSGME for these.

Also anyone point me to where I can find a JSGME user manual. I am lost.

I have JSGME but do I install it in the SKF42 folder and does it need to be open when you
have activated the mods and are playing the game.

1.Unofficial patch_SF_v0.1_(ENG)
2. SPM 1.5 beta
3. SPM 1.5 ultimate update
4. SPM 1.5 ultimate update patch
5. Some sound mod or autumn mod if you like
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17
  Print  

Jump to: