Graviteam
April 19, 2024, 03:25:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 17
  Print  
Author Topic: SPM1.5 ultimate update released! - Discussion.  (Read 241465 times)
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #240 on: June 11, 2012, 02:41:27 AM »

Thanks Mistwalker! The differenc ebetween the Mya and June patches is the new mission and the Panzergrau mod?

The difference is: fixed T-34-85 armor map, new KV-2 model, additional  Pz III J (cz) model, new mission in "combat episodes" campaign (briefings untranslated unfortunatelly), and some skins from Whukid's patch.

Hi,

Just to let you know the new Pz III J kz is at risk of getting overwritten in the Mission Editor listing, as I'm re-working the old model with a working cockpit.

Luckily, it will be a long time yet, I'm far from finished,

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
Mistwalker
Oberst

« Reply #241 on: June 11, 2012, 09:17:54 AM »

Kyth: http://graviteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=10117.msg22904#msg22904
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #242 on: June 11, 2012, 12:31:04 PM »

Who modelled the Sherman in the May patch???It's really a beautiful model, very well rendered.As well the gunsights, the machine gun
and the reload and engine sounds are superb! Much to my surprise I am enjoying playing that tank. One funny thing for some reason the commander announces the targets distance or positions in German.For example it starts with elf Uhr then switches to English?Huh?
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #243 on: June 11, 2012, 12:46:22 PM »

Okay, okay! I'm glad you're not worried,

Just thought it might be polite to highlight a possible incompatibility, far ahead of time.

"Yes."
Txema
Generalmajor

« Reply #244 on: June 11, 2012, 03:05:43 PM »

Mistwalker,

First of all, thank you very much for the new version of the ultimate update patch !!

Let me ask a question: I have noticed that in the Russian version of the patch you have included new sounds for the German and Russian infantry, but on the English version of the patch you have not included them... Why have you done it ?

Txema
hemisent
Oberst

« Reply #245 on: June 11, 2012, 07:36:47 PM »

If it's happening at the mission selection screen, you're probably missing the historical intro map. Try to recall which mission you last played, and reinstall that one.

Another thing to try is to create a new profile, it should point to the training missions by default.

Hi Kyth, the last mission I played was your latest #9 and it played perfectly. The crash happens at 84% of the game loading screen-before it gets to the actua; game screen.

Frinik, yes, I re loaded everything the way it was before the crash and it still happens. How do I load a new profile? I'd try that first as I really don't want to do a fresh install if I can avoid it.

Thanks Guys
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #246 on: June 12, 2012, 12:54:00 AM »

If it's happening at the mission selection screen, you're probably missing the historical intro map. Try to recall which mission you last played, and reinstall that one.

Another thing to try is to create a new profile, it should point to the training missions by default.

Hi Kyth, the last mission I played was your latest #9 and it played perfectly. The crash happens at 84% of the game loading screen-before it gets to the actua; game screen.

Frinik, yes, I re loaded everything the way it was before the crash and it still happens. How do I load a new profile? I'd try that first as I really don't want to do a fresh install if I can avoid it.

Thanks Guys

Hi,

If the crash was at the 'Three Tanks' screen with the T-34, Matilda and Panzer IV, it may be something quite fundamental to the game. If I'm not wrong, you won't be able to get to all the menu options, so creating a new profile wouldn't be possible.

Fresh install looks necessary.  Sad And remember, do not install the game in the 'Program Files' folder,  Smiley

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #247 on: June 12, 2012, 01:38:10 AM »

Hemi , I ma afraid I have to concur with Kyth. It looks like your installation is corrupt.There are some files that went missing, probably overwritten when you disenabled some of the mods and enabled the ultimate on top and then disenabled everything.My man the solution is do like me multiple installs.This way you screw up one you have back-ups and you can rely on without having to re-install everything.

What I do too( not recommended for the faint-hearted) is manually merge Beta 1.5 and the ultimate.I have created a super mod Beta-Ultimate all in one which means my core game is essentially that and includes Kyth's panzer III missions, Shahovo, the mission pack from Lockie, Stone 2009's Cherkasskoe, Rends' Barbarossa and Seelow Heights .The only mods I have now in the mod enabler are Lajcak's seasons, and Kyth's new missions.Even Whukid's skins are incorporated in the super mod.I have absolutely no issues. If my new mod was not that bulky( 4.5 gbs) I would gladly upload it for all of you guys to use...
hemisent
Oberst

« Reply #248 on: June 12, 2012, 02:51:55 AM »

Thanks Guys, I was afraid of that. If I'm going to do a new install where do you recommend I put it?
I have XP.
Also, if I recall, the install was screwy the first (and only) time I did it and Frinik, you walked me through it as there were some issues. I may need your help again...we'll see.

Anyway, off to save some files and missions then...................

Cheers!
H

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #249 on: June 12, 2012, 02:20:10 PM »

Hemi how much space( available) do you have on your hard disk????Is your pc partitioned??? If not then do it unless you don't have enough space. Then you just put your installs on your partitions(s).
hemisent
Oberst

« Reply #250 on: June 12, 2012, 04:02:17 PM »

Hemi how much space( available) do you have on your hard disk????Is your pc partitioned??? If not then do it unless you don't have enough space. Then you just put your installs on your partitions(s).

Hi Frinik
 I have an older model Dell XPS which is getting pretty long in the tooth...and not much space available. The game was originally installed in Program Files before you warned me against it long ago. I'm pretty much in a holding pattern until I can afford a new rig. So, I guess I just want to get the game back up and running. I don't think a partition is an option at this time.

Thanks
H
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #251 on: June 12, 2012, 06:04:30 PM »

Hemi what you can do is buy yourself an external HD for $ 100 you can get a 1Terabyte and move some of your files and other stuff, even copy your game onto it to free space and be able to make new installs of your favourite games.

For about $700 you can buy yourself a very good desktop with intel i7 cpu, 8 gbs of RAM a Radeon HD6850 1gb and 1Tb of HD at Newegg or other similar places.
hemisent
Oberst

« Reply #252 on: June 12, 2012, 09:32:52 PM »

Hemi what you can do is buy yourself an external HD for $ 100 you can get a 1Terabyte and move some of your files and other stuff, even copy your game onto it to free space and be able to make new installs of your favourite games.

For about $700 you can buy yourself a very good desktop with intel i7 cpu, 8 gbs of RAM a Radeon HD6850 1gb and 1Tb of HD at Newegg or other similar places.

Hey Frinik
 I never thought of an external HD...great idea. The new rig I have in mind is something that will play games such as Iron Front or IL2 Cliffs of Dover with no problems. Really tired of crappy FPS and most likely the next rig is going to have to last me for a looong time. So I'd rather do it right and wait a bit.

Thanks
H
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #253 on: June 13, 2012, 01:41:53 AM »

An external HD also allows you to back-up all your stuff in case your pc crashes...

What rig do you have in mind?What specs?
tonyuk
Major

« Reply #254 on: June 14, 2012, 06:29:03 PM »

Where in UK can you get such a rig for that price. I have a DEll XPS 420 with I gb radeon 3870 video card which still plays well particularly on RO2. Been on Dell website recently and to get a decent set up I have to fork out over £2000 for 24" size screen etc. Prices here are ludicruos.
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #255 on: June 15, 2012, 01:42:47 AM »

Unfortunately the UK , LOndon in particular has ridiculously high prices. I remember scoffing when a British guy I met in Germany, on a a trip complained about the high prices there when in fact I find Germany much cheaper than either France or the UK. Check Amazon Germany and compare the prices to Amazon UK and you'll see. Saturn and other lectronic chains in Germanyhave very good prices on electronics.
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #256 on: June 15, 2012, 04:42:28 PM »

Shifty Henry said to Bugsy, "For Heaven's sake
No one's looking, now's our chance to make a break"
Bugsy turned to Shifty and he said, "Nix nix
I want to stick around a while and get my kicks

Provocative signature removed
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #257 on: June 15, 2012, 06:04:39 PM »

Lockie?You've turned to making riddles now?Huh?? Huh?
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #258 on: June 16, 2012, 12:31:53 AM »

Lockie?You've turned to making riddles now?Huh?? Huh?

Reminds me of another 'quote'  Cheesy

Death row? You mean like the chair, the hot seat, dead meat, deep 6, it's over pal, you're outta here bub, the groundhog's are bringing you your mail, you're picking turnips with a step ladder, the no tomorrow row? That kind of row? Oh no. The row?

"Yes."
Czarny_PLone
Hauptmann

« Reply #259 on: June 18, 2012, 03:40:52 PM »

Hemi , I ma afraid I have to concur with Kyth. It looks like your installation is corrupt.There are some files that went missing, probably overwritten when you disenabled some of the mods and enabled the ultimate on top and then disenabled everything.My man the solution is do like me multiple installs.This way you screw up one you have back-ups and you can rely on without having to re-install everything.

What I do too( not recommended for the faint-hearted) is manually merge Beta 1.5 and the ultimate.I have created a super mod Beta-Ultimate all in one which means my core game is essentially that and includes Kyth's panzer III missions, Shahovo, the mission pack from Lockie, Stone 2009's Cherkasskoe, Rends' Barbarossa and Seelow Heights .The only mods I have now in the mod enabler are Lajcak's seasons, and Kyth's new missions.Even Whukid's skins are incorporated in the super mod.I have absolutely no issues. If my new mod was not that bulky( 4.5 gbs) I would gladly upload it for all of you guys to use...

In the end I managed to register and immediately welcome all veteran Panzer Elite  Cheesy
Frinik cool thing with that your modem !
Now I have one big mess above about 20 mods active  Grin
So one big mod and after the  Tongue

Is it possible to download the big fashion Frinik ?
some alternative link ?
Advance thank you very much and sorry for my english  Grin
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 03:44:46 PM by Czarny_PLone » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 17
  Print  

Jump to: