Graviteam
March 29, 2024, 07:31:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17
  Print  
Author Topic: SPM1.5 ultimate update released! - Discussion.  (Read 241401 times)
BigDuke66
Major

« Reply #280 on: July 04, 2012, 06:14:28 PM »

Just curious, how "light" is a tank in game regarding physics?
Just started a Stug III mission and right at the start another Stug turned towards me, rammed me and keep pushing his Stug under my Stug till mine tuned over and ended up like a turtle in the sun.

"Spread word to every slave, that even the mighty republic bleeds when struck!"
THE BLITZ WARGAMING CLUB
Mission: To help the rookies, connect the regulars and honor the hardcore!
JOIN AT http://www.theblitz.org
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #281 on: July 04, 2012, 06:19:27 PM »

The tanks are way too light in the game.The real mass is not reflected which is why a Tiger I will swing on a tree branch or an APC will remain stuck in a tree or a JS-2 will swing if sitting on top on some barbwire. The Hetzer was so light every time you braked after driving at high speed it would buck or flip over.... Grin
Mistwalker
Oberst

« Reply #282 on: July 05, 2012, 07:21:14 PM »

The tanks are way too light in the game.The real mass is not reflected which is why a Tiger I will swing on a tree branch or an APC will remain stuck in a tree or a JS-2 will swing if sitting on top on some barbwire.
It's more like not the tanks too light, but the tree branch is made of steel and physics calculation for the elements is not continuous (performance issues).
BigDuke66
Major

« Reply #283 on: July 05, 2012, 08:19:11 PM »

Well I was aware of the "excellent" terrain making it hard for vehicles but I thought tank against tank wouldn't work this way, makes you wonder if it would be better to just ram the enemy instead of trying to shoot at him.

"Spread word to every slave, that even the mighty republic bleeds when struck!"
THE BLITZ WARGAMING CLUB
Mission: To help the rookies, connect the regulars and honor the hardcore!
JOIN AT http://www.theblitz.org
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #284 on: July 06, 2012, 08:47:38 AM »

the thing with the Ai is not to place them too close to one another if you make your own missions for example.Otherwise they will start crawling on top of one another like bugs do....They also also have the endency to m bump into you as you are shooting at an enemy tank making you miss your shot or push you when you are trying to look for a defensive position. More than once of my wingmen had the misfortune of zipping through in front of my tank as I was firing at some target and ended up being the targeta s i had not time to stop shooting.... Grin
yl9961027
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #285 on: July 14, 2012, 04:15:43 AM »

What's wrong?  Huh?

歯車には歯車の意地がある
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #286 on: July 14, 2012, 04:22:20 AM »

The first thing to try, is to restore your matlib.engcfg file.

Did you install or uninstall anything lately?

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #287 on: July 14, 2012, 09:06:30 AM »

I have the same problem with the Jagdpanzer IV L70.It's exactly like that! I tried repairing the textures, go files and armour maps to no avail....

What could be wrong in the Matlib files?Huh?
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #288 on: July 14, 2012, 11:10:23 AM »

The matlib.engcfg is where all the textures are registered.
A missing entry in the matlib file might cause some bizarre effects, when the game tries to substitute something else.

"Yes."
kapulA
Oberst

« Reply #289 on: July 14, 2012, 12:06:01 PM »

Hmm, I had a similar problem a few pages back. Fixed it by disabling and re-enabling the UU in JSGME. Maybe that'll do the trick?
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #290 on: October 05, 2012, 12:20:54 AM »

See readme for more details.
but where is readme for the v.June 9th ENG? I didn't find it. What was added or changed? Where I can read abt it? It's strange. As my point, there should be placed at least a short readme with one phrase:
1. Users problems are exactly the users problems, take this update at er personal risk.
I'm disappointed with a description absent Sad
////// 21.10.2012
Mistakes:
1. There are two entries in the file SPM1.5 NTA 1.3_units.text:
Code:
txt_me_grass_plane4x()          { Sunflowers ; }
txt_me_mat_grass4x()            { Sunflowers ; }
but appropriate models and descriptions are absent.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 11:26:09 AM by lockie » Logged

Provocative signature removed
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #291 on: November 08, 2012, 05:25:44 PM »

As my point, it's time to make a new update. What a famous community of SF think?
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 06:59:55 AM by lockie » Logged

Txema
Generalmajor

« Reply #292 on: November 09, 2012, 01:26:17 PM »

Yeeesssss !!

Time to make a new update. There are several nice new mods to include in SPM 1.5 UU.

Actually Mistwalker posted some time ago that he was working on an update, but I haven't heard from him since then...

Txema
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #293 on: November 10, 2012, 08:54:24 AM »

Which way would be better: release a new SPM UU + patch_november(only new units/model, such as Panther G, jagdpanther...) or just patch_november?

PS
Found mistake:
1. unit rkka_platoon_t3457c is absent in the block groups()
rkka_platoon_t3457c,0,1,rkka_mtann5,3,rkka_platoon_inf,1,,,,,,;
2. Tiger with a gun KWK36 doesn't has a gun sound. According to the file common_res it has a shot_88l56, but in the sound folder it absent.
3. Hetzer: MG is unavailable (commander has wrong place in head)
« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 12:29:26 PM by lockie » Logged

Txema
Generalmajor

« Reply #294 on: November 10, 2012, 12:52:00 PM »

Perhaps the better way would be to release just patch_november (SPM 1.5 NTA_november) including only new units/models and fixes?
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #295 on: November 10, 2012, 02:25:26 PM »

Perhaps the better way would be to release just patch_november (SPM 1.5 NTA_november) including only new units/models and fixes?
Well, I don't think it's a good idea.
At this moment we've the next installation order:
1. Unofficial patch_SF_v0.1_(ENG)
2. SPM 1.5 beta
3. SPM1.5_ultimate_update
4. SPM1.5_ultimate_update_patch(v.June 9th ENG)
5. Some sound mod or/and weather mod (optional)

and with a new patch it'll look like additional line, which suppose give more misunderstanding.
6. SPM 1.5 NTA_november

I'd like to suggest the next order:
1. Unofficial patch_SF_v0.1_(ENG)
2. SPM 1.5 beta
3. SPM2.0_Ultimate_Update (SPM1.5_ultimate_update+SPM1.5_ultimate_update_patch(v.June 9th ENG) )
4. SPM2.0_Ultimate_Update_patch(november/december 2012)
5. Some sound mod or/and weather mod (optional)

minimi66
Major

« Reply #296 on: November 12, 2012, 01:43:19 PM »

Hi all,

I've just re-installed SFK42 after a few years away from it and am in the process of trying to install all the patches and mods required to bring it up to date.  Have got most of them ok but am having real problems downloading SPM1.5 ultimate update from the posted link at http://www.gamefront.com/files/21331726/SPM1.5_ultimate_update_v1.1(ENG).rar

It just refuses to load the final download page after i click on the Download button?  I've tried IE, Firefox and Chrome and none will download the file, get a 403 Forbidden error message of some other bollocks!

Anyone help with this or offer an alternative download location, have googled the file name to death but mostly get re-directed to media sharing sites that want me to pay for downloading it???  Don't think so!

Help! Cheers!

Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #297 on: November 12, 2012, 01:54:46 PM »

Hi all,

I've just re-installed SFK42 after a few years away from it and am in the process of trying to install all the patches and mods required to bring it up to date.  Have got most of them ok but am having real problems downloading SPM1.5 ultimate update from the posted link at http://www.gamefront.com/files/21331726/SPM1.5_ultimate_update_v1.1(ENG).rar

It just refuses to load the final download page after i click on the Download button?  I've tried IE, Firefox and Chrome and none will download the file, get a 403 Forbidden error message of some other bollocks!

Anyone help with this or offer an alternative download location, have googled the file name to death but mostly get re-directed to media sharing sites that want me to pay for downloading it???  Don't think so!

Help! Cheers!

Hi,

At Gamefront, while the 2nd screen is counting down, you'll see some fine print that says 'click here'. Do it immediately! Hope that helps, 

"Yes."
minimi66
Major

« Reply #298 on: November 12, 2012, 02:15:29 PM »

Hi Kyth,

Thanks for the help but unfortunately that didn't work either?  Tried it a few times on all browsers but still get 403 Forbidden Error message?

Any other ideas?

Thanks Sad
minimi66
Major

« Reply #299 on: November 12, 2012, 02:20:28 PM »

I was surprised that this Ultimate update was not at:

http://www.mediafire.com?q38nkzaginphq

which is where i got most of the other mods and patches from?  Any way of uploading it to that site as it worked for the Unofficial patch etc?

Thanks.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17
  Print  

Jump to: