Graviteam
March 28, 2024, 10:02:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Buildings in town  (Read 29061 times)
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2012, 04:10:54 PM »

And also by making it random in a countour, same there, i meant not random if it appear or not, just random between two different techniques, but one of them is always there to 100%. only wich one of them must be random Tongue

Yes, it's possible to have one "tank" always be a Panzer IV, for instance, and combine it with a second tank that could be something else, say a Panzer III, or Panzer 38(t) etc. etc. with a random probability.

I'm guessing what you want is a 50 : 50 chance of either vehicle A or vehicle B appearing at a particular spot?
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 04:14:37 PM by Kyth » Logged

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
Donken
Generalmajor

« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2012, 04:31:30 PM »

And also by making it random in a countour, same there, i meant not random if it appear or not, just random between two different techniques, but one of them is always there to 100%. only wich one of them must be random Tongue

Yes, it's possible to have one "tank" always be a Panzer IV, for instance, and combine it with a second tank that could be something else, say a Panzer III, or Panzer 38(t) etc. etc. with a random probability.

I'm guessing what you want is a 50 : 50 chance of either vehicle A or vehicle B appearing at a particular spot?

Yes, thats exactly what i wanted. That way i can make 1 "building" without crew and 1 "building" with crew. And have them at 50/50 random at that spot if i understood correct. That should fix the problem and give us surprises when rolling down a street Cheesy

The real heroes are those that never came back.
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #42 on: March 09, 2012, 04:50:32 PM »

Yes, thats exactly what i wanted. That way i can make 1 "building" without crew and 1 "building" with crew. And have them at 50/50 random at that spot if i understood correct. That should fix the problem and give us surprises when rolling down a street Cheesy

Or, you could consider the other method, where one building(a real one), can have any type of unit housed within,

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #43 on: December 30, 2013, 02:19:33 AM »

I reanimated the project "Building in town", coz I got a very positive result. Finally, we have a "Housemodule" in the game and it works near perfect:
- no more invisible walls
- no more drowning of the tanks into asphalt  Grin
Of course, the problem was in "reset x-form", again  Cheesy
Some screens.

So, now we need a couple `building_tanks` with a random members of the crew. Then place `building_tanks` in the town and be prepared to defend the Fatherland (Part II) Wink
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 03:53:42 AM by lockie » Logged

Provocative signature removed
Edward1
Hauptmann

« Reply #44 on: December 30, 2013, 03:37:05 AM »

This looks fantastic Smiley  Great work!!
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #45 on: December 30, 2013, 05:42:11 AM »

Of course, I knew Lockie would succeed because he just loves shooting bricks... Grin

Good work Lockie! Looking forward to it because now we can try some urban warfare scenarios in SF missions.
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #46 on: December 30, 2013, 07:26:42 PM »

Meanwhile the defence of the Fatherland was strengthened by the newly designed pillbox!

Thanks to Maleshkin for the pictures!

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #47 on: December 31, 2013, 06:01:35 AM »

Do you think it would possible for Maleshkin to modify these lovely pillboxes to remove the top part( the roof) so we could put AT or artillery guns inside? In other words create a more realistic and effective anti tank/artillery positions so the guns are not so exposed? That would allow to make tougher, more challenging defensive missions against the heavy tanks and spgs....
Lord_Haw-Haw
Major

« Reply #48 on: December 31, 2013, 02:35:42 PM »

Do you think it would possible for Maleshkin to modify these lovely pillboxes to remove the top part( the roof) so we could put AT or artillery guns inside? In other words create a more realistic and effective anti tank/artillery positions so the guns are not so exposed? That would allow to make tougher, more challenging defensive missions against the heavy tanks and spgs....

Stug's missions against "The Stalin Line" would be cool!
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #49 on: January 01, 2014, 04:11:26 PM »

Stug's missions against "The Stalin Line" would be cool!
I'd prefer the `Brumbauer`!

PS
Project becomes bigger. Railroad station is about to receive a train!  8) Shocked

Thanks to Maleshkin for the picture!

Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #50 on: January 01, 2014, 08:26:21 PM »

Soldiers, machine guns and atgs can't occupy buildings correct?

Bring back 3D markers!
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #51 on: January 01, 2014, 09:16:07 PM »

Soldiers, machine guns and atgs can't occupy buildings correct?
There will be a trick. A housemodule will be made as unmovable tank with a 10 members of the crew(may be more. I'm planning 2 rpg, 2-3MG, sniper, MP38, grenademan etc). There will be 3-4 such `build-tanks` where tankmen will take the different places from one unit to other. In the mission at the every start each `build-tank` will take randomly a pre-defined positions(contours). Thus, user`s tank will have a chance to see unpredictable `hello` from the different windows Cheesy
We'll think will it be possible to give the new unit a special category. This project has a long history and I hope it'll see the light finally Wink
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 09:53:37 PM by lockie » Logged

Lord_Haw-Haw
Major

« Reply #52 on: January 02, 2014, 01:34:31 PM »

chance to see unpredictable `hello` from the different windows Cheesy

Grin
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: