Graviteam
March 28, 2024, 06:42:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A few small things that would improve AP  (Read 5056 times)
Capt Sam
Major

« on: March 08, 2012, 01:25:52 AM »

I've been playing APOS a lot recently since the new patch, and I must say the game is quite good!  There are a few small thing I think would improve the game:

(1) Compass.  A compass would be better than a mini-map for figuring out which direction I'm facing on the tactical map.

(2) Time stamp on the the message box.  For example "Enemy spotted!  15:01".  Notice the time next to the message.

(3) German colors always blue, and the Soviets always red.  Sorry, it just bugs me to play as Germans as a red color.

(4) Ability to change the name of soldiers in the refit/replacement screen.  I think it is great we have person names in the game, but I want to rename my guys something really simple like "Bill" or "Ted."

(5) Binoculars that are on ground level, if desired.  I really don't like how the camera jumps up every time I press TAB too close to the ground.
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2012, 05:53:58 AM »

(1) Compass.  A compass would be better than a mini-map for figuring out which direction I'm facing on the tactical map.
We abandoned the compass, when the map is no longer rotated.
North is always on top.

(2) Time stamp on the the message box.  For example "Enemy spotted!  15:01".  Notice the time next to the message.
Ok

(3) German colors always blue, and the Soviets always red.  Sorry, it just bugs me to play as Germans as a red color.
It's a for first look, but.... for second - own color for any nation it's mistake.
What colors denote for the forces of South Africa, Iranians, Iraqis, Angolans, Mujahideen, Japan and other nations that are in the game?
Think about it. Colors should be different and well-read.

Right answer is from military tactical - _Allieds_ (not German or Russian) is always red, _Enemies_ is always blue.

(4) Ability to change the name of soldiers in the refit/replacement screen.  I think it is great we have person names in the game, but I want to rename my guys something really simple like "Bill" or "Ted."
No, names is predefined and don't changed. Except of historical commanders in editor pipeline.

(5) Binoculars that are on ground level, if desired.  I really don't like how the camera jumps up every time I press TAB too close to the ground.
Camera jumps to avoid a clipping issues.

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Stilletto
Leutnant

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2012, 11:23:16 PM »

Greetings!

I just picked up this excellent game and I agree with a couple of the statements.

I too would like a time stamp on messages. Sometimes I get wrapped up and forget to look then I have to wonder how old that message is.

Colors.  I would love the option to change the allies to blue and enemy to red.  Being from across the pond that's how we do our colors and it confuses the heck out of me to see it the other way.

Thank you for a great game!
Schuck
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2012, 08:55:05 AM »

Hello,
Just to confirm what Andrey said, during WW2 Allied Tactical Map Symbols were always red, and Axis forces blue.
So this is historically correct for the time period.
Only when NATO was formed did Western Forces use blue, and Soviet Pact forces were orange.
This is were the term "Blue on blue" came from, for friendly fire incidents.
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2012, 09:13:10 AM »

Hello,
Just to confirm what Andrey said, during WW2 Allied Tactical Map Symbols were always red, and Axis forces blue.
In Soviet army too - enemies always blue, allies always red. This is logical and easy despite the enemies nations.

Only when NATO was formed did Western Forces use blue, and Soviet Pact forces were orange.
I think it's a more "Cold war politics" rather than real necessity Wink
And yes, in game dont't present any NATO forces Grin

« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 09:14:49 AM by andrey12345 » Logged

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Capt Sam
Major

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2012, 01:23:19 PM »

Hello,

That's fine when I'm playing the Soviets, they should be red, but when I play the Germans, they should be blue.  I sure it wouldn't be too hard to make a graphic mod to change this for when I want to play as the Germans.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: