Graviteam
March 28, 2024, 03:46:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Wishlist for small objects to place on maps!  (Read 43790 times)
Donken
Generalmajor

« on: March 11, 2012, 10:25:41 AM »

With this i would ask all mapmakers or just average players to write down what object and items you want to see in the game. To give the maps that little special thingy or just for the immersion etc.
Like i did with the Tombstones and Crosses i made to Estnische!

A few examples to add would be this maybe?:

Lamp posts
Mail boxes
Fences
Wells
Stone walls

and so on. So here i give you the chance to maybe get what you want Cheesy I will try to model the stuff you want after my ability.
The only thing i dont want to make just now is bigger stuff like bridges and houses etc, This is just the small details i will do for a start.
But be warned, this can take a while for me to do, I will model the things when i get bored of other stuff or when i got some extra time. So it can take a while (a month) or maybe one day, I cant answer that right now Cheesy
So shoot away with your ideas or you imaginations, And dont be afraid with your requests, nothing is impossible.

And i would appreciate if reference pictures are given, That is not a must but it would make my life alot easier Cheesy

The real heroes are those that never came back.
Estnische
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2012, 10:44:29 AM »

Danke Donken! (Ok so you are a Swede)

I'm sure things will spring to mind, but perhaps a sand-bag horseshoe for a mortar or MG crew, or stone arch for the stone wall? Or I was thinking, if you placed some concrete slabs over a trench, does that make a bunker? Or edit the slabs into earth material, does that look like a trench bunker?
Donken
Generalmajor

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2012, 10:51:56 AM »

Good idea

But im not exactly shure how that is going to work without doing it like a unit, atleast not the sandbag nest. That is more of unit making where i need to place dummys and script the stuff, Not exactly what i asked for but shure, i will make a try to make a sandbag unit Cheesy But its going to work like the concrete bunkers (DOT:s) we already have in the game.

EDIT: and yes im a Swede 8), and Danke is german but cool anyway Wink

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2012, 11:43:33 AM »

What about real gun emplacements with logs and sandbags like in TvsT? That'd be a nice change from placing artillery and AT guns in those hollow emplacements or on the grass.

Tack sa mycket!
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2012, 11:47:04 AM »

I want bust Lenin and Stalin! They were in the every soviet village. It's a historical accuracy. What about water-closet? Let it be at least one for the whole village Smiley
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 11:50:16 AM by lockie » Logged

Provocative signature removed
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2012, 02:01:34 PM »

I want a portrait of the Fuehrer!They were in every German-occupied village or town.

As for the latrines ,they can use the gun emplacemnts if need be Grin
Donken
Generalmajor

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2012, 02:12:47 PM »

Tack sa mycket!

Varsågod! haha

Anyway guys, what i was thinking of with this thread was to model and add objects and items for maps. Smal environment details such as the examples i made in post No.1
Mg nests and gun fortifications is new units wich take me probably a few hours more per item to make. And with those i also need help from other persons. So that is a no go Cheesy
But still i will make a sandbag object and hopefully the mapmakers can use it somehow, Maybe hide mortar teams behind it or something?

This is what i can do without making the polycount to high. Modelling sandbags in low poly is alot harder than you can think of Cheesy Hopefully that is enough.

Ah frinik and lockie, That is way to complicated and advanced. To much work for to little gain =) Modelling statues/humans is also not my strong side

lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2012, 04:54:06 PM »

What about stack of wheat and pile of logs?

« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 08:36:35 AM by lockie » Logged

Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2012, 03:44:00 AM »

Hi Donken

I think that sandbag emplacements are the main thing that's missing, and they'd go well with the entrenchments and barbed wire.

Maybe they could be done in sections, like a fence, so you could combine curved and straight sections to fit the trenches or dugouts.
No need to model every sandbag, just a good texture and bump-mapping will do.

Something like this:
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 05:19:12 AM by Kyth » Logged

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
Donken
Generalmajor

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2012, 10:21:39 AM »

Small update!

I refined the sandbag so now its fully modular and you can place it however you want. they all fit in to eachother. But no bumpmap in the render!

And here i tried to make a modular hedge/hog. Atleast a tiny start for making a western front maybe? Also fully modular. And no bumpmap on this one either!

And what about railroads? Also fully modular to make the rail go wherever you want!

EDIT: added railroad render.

« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 12:12:51 PM by Donken » Logged

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2012, 10:00:17 AM »

Oner small thing which would be ncie and realistic are road signs indicating distances or the names of villages, hamlets etc.Or may be milestones or both???
Donken
Generalmajor

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2012, 10:18:16 AM »

I have thougt about that actually Cheesy It is a good idea. But i think i need to collaborate a little closer with mission makers for it to be best. Specially if it is gonna be a historical mission with village names etc. Its hard if not impossible for me to know all village names i need to do for example. So lockie, Kyth, Rends and all other mission makers for example can write in this thread and ask for the signs they want and i can fix it. I can do all physical signs (the modell). But they need to change their sign texture after what villages and signs they want Cheesy

Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2012, 10:39:39 AM »

I have thougt about that actually Cheesy It is a good idea. But i think i need to collaborate a little closer with mission makers for it to be best. Specially if it is gonna be a historical mission with village names etc. Its hard if not impossible for me to know all village names i need to do for example. So lockie, Kyth, Rends and all other mission makers for example can write in this thread and ask for the signs they want and i can fix it. I can do all physical signs (the modell). But they need to change their sign texture after what villages and signs they want Cheesy

In my 'off the wall' tradition, I'd request such goodies as "Tomatovka", "Chugaluga" and "Eyegor"  Cheesy

"Yes."
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2012, 12:48:40 PM »

And what about railroads? Also fully modular to make the rail go wherever you want!
Excellent idea!
Village names doesn't care me at all, coz all my missions are pure fiction Smiley

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2012, 02:23:37 AM »

Cool Kyth! Let's use the name from your missions. Grin
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2012, 09:34:16 AM »

Cool Kyth! Let's use the name from your missions. Grin

Grin

Amongst other goodies, I'd request "Arugula" and "Glug".

"Yes."
hemisent
Oberst

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2012, 08:40:13 PM »

This may not exactly fit under the heading of "small object" but could definitely be used as eye candy for the mission editor. I'd love to see unmanned or visibly damaged units which could be used to simulate a prior battle area. Recently I inserted a Tiger without crew thinking it would be a static unit( dead tank?) and it has a running engine and the headlights are on at night. Not what I was looking for.

Anyway guys, just a thought.

Cheers
H
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2012, 01:07:56 AM »

Hemi; great idea! Having the remnants of a battle; charred tanks and trucks wrecks, destroyed guns.Not sure if the coding would allow it though...

Kyth with Arugula( sounds like an Italian salad?Huh?) and Glug but I would want Kythograd, Kythangelsk and Kythovsk added as well... Wink
Donken
Generalmajor

« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2012, 05:28:47 AM »

Hemi and frinik: yeah, if you have tested lockies mission with my Jagdtiger you can see at the beginning a wrecked Jagdpanther (so wrecks works). Im not really shure who made it and how. But it is possible and worth thinking of!

And about signs i will try to think about something to make it easy for everyone to make their own signs by just changing texture and add it in the editor.

Anyway, i have a question.

This is when i finally got the hedgehog igm and i finally learned how to put in objects to a map (yaaaay, only took 10 hours or so) But as you guys can see all hedge modules are not following the ground, its like they only have a contact point in the middle where they stay They are just standing at a complete perfect horizontal line, So my question is: is it because of my model/config or is it something i need to do in the map editor to make objects following the ground?

And also, is it possible to change ground levels (height map?) in the map editor? I need to test the railroad modules but cant find any ground flat enough that i can put objects in Cheesy Or is someone willing to help me test out all new objects? So i dont need to play around in the editor for several hours just to put in one object Cheesy
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 05:30:27 AM by Donken » Logged

Estnische
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2012, 06:09:48 AM »

And also, is it possible to change ground levels (height map?) in the map editor? I need to test the railroad modules but cant find any ground flat enough that i can put objects in Cheesy

Donken  - if I think I understand what you are trying to do, the game seems to be able to do this itself. For instance if you make a dirt road, it follows the ground exactly. If you make a paved road, it creates cuttings and embankments automatically.

if paved road is flat enough, could it be the 'bed' for your railroad objects?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  

Jump to: