Graviteam
March 29, 2024, 09:04:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Winter Mod Beta IIII  (Read 21948 times)
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« on: March 19, 2012, 01:20:05 PM »

Hi Guys! In case you are interested Stone 2009 released a couple of weeks ago his latest Winter Mod with solid ice etc.Here's the download link:

http://narod.ru/disk/43262098001.fb8794ac676be626312a10fc768d028b/Winter_Mod_beta_III.rar.html
hemisent
Oberst

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 10:32:07 PM »

Frinik
 I get as far as figuring out to enter the secret code then no idea what to do next...it's all Russian. Nowhere does it say "DOWNLOAD" in english.

H
Panzerfaust
Generalmajor

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 11:21:31 PM »

After you enter the code on the next page click on the link that starts out "http://narod.ru/disk...etc. Just make sure to untick the box in the yellow area next to what looks like a margarita glass or you will download the web browser for that site (learned that the hard way long ago  Cheesy )
Cheers
Estnische
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2012, 01:31:30 AM »

Could someone post up some screenies of 'click this' , then 'next'?

Would make it easier for the 'Ruski'-challenged  Grin
Panzerfaust
Generalmajor

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2012, 02:07:42 AM »

Just finished a big post/pictures at SimHq for those guys, here's the link. No pic's on" how to" D/L but I think I explained it pretty well.
http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3541750/SFK42_stone2009_Winter_Beta_II.html#Post3541750
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2012, 02:26:53 AM »

Hi Panzerfaust. I had no problem as I have an automatic translator on my laptop.The problem is that once you click on the download button you need to right click to open a new window to acutally dowload the mod otherwise you get to download some Russian program oyu don't want nor need.I have it downloaded but not yet installed.
Panzerfaust
Generalmajor

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2012, 09:21:13 AM »

Hi frinik,
My apologies buddy I forgot to thank you for this news and link too stone2009 Beta Winter Mod III, was in a hurry to D/L and try it out plus get the link with some pics up at SimHq, my manners really suck at times  Sad I only played one mission but so far I like it. The snow background really brings out the explosions and fires, but I think I have my gamma and brightness turned up to high in SFK42 for taking pictures, it really looks much better in game.
Cheers
Estnische
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2012, 09:43:22 AM »

Panzerfaust, I have taken the liberty of doing some screenies to combine with your text from Simhq:

"This D/L site is in Russian.

To download the file, enter the code (Arrow 1) in the box below the numbers (Arrow 2) click the green tab (Arrow 3).
At the next page you should get a pop-up box from Windows asking if you want to save the file.

VERY IMPORTANT! Before you click "save" make sure to untick the box next to what looks like a margarita glass in the pale yellow box (Arrow 4) before saving the file. If you dont this will D/L this web site making it your default browser. If Windows does not ask if you want to save the file, just click on the link http://narod.ru/disk...etc in blue (Arrow 5) the save pop-up box should come up, but still if doing it this way MAKE SURE TO UNTICK THE BOX NEXT TO THE MARGARITA GLASS IN THE PALE YELLOW BOX.

After you have saved the file, extract the exec. file to another folder you create or to your desktop. After extraction click on the Winter_Mod Icon. This will open up a self extracting utility that will place the Winter Mod III in your JSGME. Only problem is that it is in Russian so it will probably show a bunch of Huh?Huh?. Here's what you do.

1). Click on the first right hand tab, this is your browse button. Navigate to your Steel Fury file (mine is C:\Lighthouse\SteelFury-Kharkov 1942) click on it and then click "OK".
3). The destination should now show in the box next to the browse button in the extraction utility.
4). Now at the bottom of the extraction utility box, click on the left hand button, the Winter Mod III will now extract to your SFK42 Mod's folder and your SFK42 JSGME activation box.
5). Activate the mod through JSGME.
6). Get out your long underware
I will ask stone2009 if I can upload this mod to the SFK42 mediafile site, if he say's it's okay and the file isn't too big I should have it done in a couple days."

hemisent
Oberst

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2012, 11:57:46 AM »

Thank you sooooooo much Estnische and Frinik. Smiley
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2012, 12:28:20 PM »

And now, to gross everyone out, do the screenshots of the Gnarly Man's download site.   Shocked

Whoops, just remembered, its a baby picture now  Tongue
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 12:53:36 PM by Kyth » Logged

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
hemisent
Oberst

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2012, 10:15:29 PM »

I'm dl'ing now....the directions posted worked like a champ...thanks again. This may be a dumb question but what's the difference between this "winter mod" and the one that I already have? Is it only the solid ice or are there other things going on.

While on the subject I notice that if I activate my existing Winter mod some missions will play with a winter setting while others go tits up meaning there are some files missing or rearranged. Does this version cure that. I'm now running the Ultimate Update and all is working perfectly so far.

Cheers
H
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 10:18:50 PM by hemisent » Logged
Panzerfaust
Generalmajor

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2012, 10:56:10 PM »

One thing I noticed straight off from stone2009's original winter mod is the trees in this one are not totally barren of foilage. I think in the first winter mod only the pines had foilage on them. This mod looks more appealing to me then the first mod. Have yet to try and see if the ice solution has been found.
Cheers
Panzerfaust
Generalmajor

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2012, 10:58:40 PM »

@ Estnische, thanks for taking it one step further, very well done  Smiley
Cheers
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2012, 07:21:11 AM »

Hemi which Winter mod do you currently have/Is it Lajcak's Late Winter Mod no Snow or is it the earlier version of the Winter Mod made in 2010 or 2011?The Beta III version incorporate ice as in icy lakes and rivers ( frozen) and more snow than the previous versions.
Estnische
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2012, 09:57:03 AM »

@ Estnische, thanks for taking it one step further, very well done  Smiley
Cheers

Not a problem. I have to claim self-interests  Grin. People are going to need this to play the Siivertsi mission properly when it is complete.

« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 09:59:03 AM by Estnische » Logged
hemisent
Oberst

« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2012, 10:31:04 PM »

Hemi which Winter mod do you currently have/Is it Lajcak's Late Winter Mod no Snow or is it the earlier version of the Winter Mod made in 2010 or 2011?The Beta III version incorporate ice as in icy lakes and rivers ( frozen) and more snow than the previous versions.

Hi Frinik
 The one I have is the earlier one....I love winter settings and try to use it often however I have always enabled it last, meaning after all the mods but ahead of the actual missions. Some would play and some would not.

Now, I just DL'd the latest Beta III version and enabled it after the Ultimate Update/patch combo with no other mods and it plays some missions perfectly and some others go white screen on me. Id I enable the "Autumn mod" everything plays with no problems. Not complaining just wondering if there's a way to get all missions to play with either one.

Cheers
H

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2012, 02:06:29 AM »

I am wondering if they tested it with the Ultimate mod????It may be only compatible with Beta 1.5 or NTA 1.4? I 'll have to install it and test it .I'll let you know Panzer faust!

Cheers!
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2012, 10:21:41 AM »

WMbeta III changed comon_res. It does that mod needs to be compatible with NTA or UU. I've a simple WMbeta I without comon_res changing and everyth. works fine!
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 11:36:12 AM by lockie » Logged

Provocative signature removed
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2012, 12:05:52 PM »

Thanks for the info Lockie!My question is why does that mod require a chnage in the common res files?
Txema
Generalmajor

« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2012, 12:19:46 PM »

When Stone2009 released the Winter_Mod_Beta_III he stated in the Russian forums that it is "Compatible with SPM 1.5 Ultimate Update [SPM1.5_ultimate_update_patch_ (v.March 4th RUS)] ".

It is designed to be enabled after SPM 1.5 Ultimate Update, with the latest patch (March 4th).

Txema
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: