Graviteam
March 29, 2024, 06:31:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Need help getting missions to show up  (Read 20588 times)
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« on: March 24, 2012, 01:19:47 AM »

I've tried to follow the directions to get some missions to show up but I've not had good luck.  So I thought I show some pictures here and ask for advice.
First I will say that I downloaded Kyth's Campaign and unzipped it to the mod folder, and then enabled it in jsgme.  I never had to add any lines to the camp folder.  It was already in there after I enabled it.  Kyth's Campaign "Not All Quiet on the Eastern Front" showed up and played without a problem.  So far so good.

Now I've downloaded Rend's Prokhorovka Campaign to the mod folder.  I enabled with jsgme.

Following Rend's instructions I put 2 lines (red lines) in the camp_list folder after the werm stug line. 

The problem is that the campaign does not show up in the in game list of missions.

I know it's operator error but I can't figure it out.

Bring back 3D markers!
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2012, 01:37:27 AM »

I think it's because the 'Ultimate Update' has some campaign entry lines added in by default, even before the actual campaigns have been installed.  Shocked

In the case above, delete the lines marked in blue, since they're clearly not linking to the correct config file.

I see you're enjoying such classics as "The Big Uglies" and "Hedgehog at Potatopov".  Smiley Good call!
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 01:46:29 AM by Kyth » Logged

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2012, 02:23:15 AM »

I eliminated those lines but the campaign still won't show up.

Bring back 3D markers!
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2012, 02:42:46 AM »

Tanker, it seems that Rends had the same problem with hsi own missions .Here's what he did below:

I had the campaign not showing in the campaign list problem too. even if all files and entries were there it didn´t show up.
If i remember right it was my Prokhorovka campaign.

What i found out that in the camp_list if i hit enter after the Prokho campaign entry and saved the file it did show up again in the campaign list ingame.

Rends

I remember ahving the same problem with his Barbarossa campaign.I created a new folder aside form the camp one which I called Rends barabarossa and it worked.
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2012, 03:30:48 AM »

Tanker, it seems that Rends had the same problem with hsi own missions .Here's what he did below:

I had the campaign not showing in the campaign list problem too. even if all files and entries were there it didn´t show up.
If i remember right it was my Prokhorovka campaign.

What i found out that in the camp_list if i hit enter after the Prokho campaign entry and saved the file it did show up again in the campaign list ingame.

Rends

I remember ahving the same problem with his Barbarossa campaign.I created a new folder aside form the camp one which I called Rends barabarossa and it worked.

That could be it, some of the lines might contain non-text characters, making the entries unrecognizable to the game.

"Yes."
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2012, 04:32:08 AM »

Rends

I wonder if he means to leave an empty line after the Prokho campaign entry?
Nope, leaving an open line after the Prokho campaign entry did not make it appear either.  Oh well, there's always other missions to try. Smiley
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 04:38:07 AM by Tanker » Logged

Bring back 3D markers!
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2012, 04:38:13 AM »

If that doesn't work, try eliminating all the 'tabs' and spaces from each line.

Including all the leading and trailing spaces in each campaign line.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 04:45:32 AM by Kyth » Logged

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2012, 06:39:27 AM »

Tanker do you have a cm_prokho folder when you open your LEVELS folder in your game main data folder?
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2012, 06:41:45 AM »

Oh well, there's always other missions to try. Smiley

Might I suggest some other classics like "Hell's Mud-way" and "Quietly Flows the Blub".   Wink

"Yes."
Rends
Generalmajor

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2012, 09:41:22 AM »

Rends

I wonder if he means to leave an empty line after the Prokho campaign entry?
Nope, leaving an open line after the Prokho campaign entry did not make it appear either.  Oh well, there's always other missions to try. Smiley
No there wasn't an empty line necessary .
I need to mention that i had this problem after ultimate update.
Hope you get it fixed soon.
Rends

Fight blood cancer register at : http://www.dkmsamericas.org/
Panzerfaust
Generalmajor

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2012, 01:05:53 PM »

Guys I have a hunch on what might be causing the problems with Rends missions. Besides the entry marked in blue by Tanker, there is that SPM 1.5 mission NTA 1.3_mission pack entry that I mentioned in another thread. This was the text line I deleted and Rends Prokho missions played fine after that. Where did this text entry come from? Is it installed from SPM 1.5 UU? If not, did Tanker have the mission pack 1C installed before and like me he just forgot to delete the text line when he uninstalled the mission pack? At first when I saw his screen capture of his camp_list file I figured "Great! I just deleted a text line I really need and it wasn't in there by mistake!". But the only missions I could reason this line would be needed for is with the SPM 1.5UU Combat Episodes missions. But I just checked them (partially played each mission) and they are working fine without that text line  Huh? So where exactly did this line come from? Is it needed? Is it causing the problems with Rends missions? I can say for certain when I did originally have the mission 1c mod installed before SPM 1.5UU it did the same thing with Rends missions.
Cheers,

Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2012, 03:14:56 PM »

Tanker do you have a cm_prokho folder when you open your LEVELS folder in your game main data folder?

No I don't have the cm_prokho folder in my LEVELS folder.  But then again KythCampaign doesn't show there either if that matters.

« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 03:22:47 PM by Tanker » Logged

Bring back 3D markers!
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2012, 03:20:48 PM »

Guys I have a hunch on what might be causing the problems with Rends missions. Besides the entry marked in blue by Tanker, there is that SPM 1.5 mission NTA 1.3_mission pack entry that I mentioned in another thread. This was the text line I deleted and Rends Prokho missions played fine after that. Where did this text entry come from? Is it installed from SPM 1.5 UU? If not, did Tanker have the mission pack 1C installed before and like me he just forgot to delete the text line when he uninstalled the mission pack? At first when I saw his screen capture of his camp_list file I figured "Great! I just deleted a text line I really need and it wasn't in there by mistake!". But the only missions I could reason this line would be needed for is with the SPM 1.5UU Combat Episodes missions. But I just checked them (partially played each mission) and they are working fine without that text line  Huh? So where exactly did this line come from? Is it needed? Is it causing the problems with Rends missions? I can say for certain when I did originally have the mission 1c mod installed before SPM 1.5UU it did the same thing with Rends missions.
Cheers,

Panzerfaust. I don't think I ever had NTA 1.3 installed.  The 2 lines marked in blue were there after I downloaded Rend's Prokho mission, placed it in the mods folder and enabled it with jsgme.  I can't swear they were not there beforehand, but it seems unlikely.  A similar thing happened with Kyth's Campaign.  Kyth specifies what lines must be added but after enabling the mod, they were in the camp_list folder already, as shown above.  Mysterious.

rt

Bring back 3D markers!
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2012, 03:25:32 PM »

No I don't have the cm_prokho folder in my LEVELS folder.  But then again KythCampaign doesn't show there either if that matters.

One more thing to check, do you have the files "prokho_camp.engcfg" and "prokhower_camp.engcfg" in the LEVELS\camp folder?

If they aren't there, you'll have to try to install the campaign again.

Panzerfaust. I don't think I ever had NTA 1.3 installed.  The 2 lines marked in blue were there after I downloaded Rend's Prokho mission, placed it in the mods folder and enabled it with jsgme.  I can't swear they were not there beforehand, but it seems unlikely.  A similar thing happened with Kyth's Campaign.  Kyth specifies what lines must be added but after enabling the mod, they were in the camp_list folder already, as shown above.  Mysterious.

It's not really a mystery, the 'Ultimate Update" version of the camp_list file already had those lines in there by default. Probably an error.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 03:28:25 PM by Kyth » Logged

"Yes."
Rends
Generalmajor

« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2012, 03:34:55 PM »

And isn't or was the Prokho campaign not part of the mission pack?
Can't check that yet

Tanker can you reinstall the Prokhorovka campaign and check if it works?
If not can you add // in front of the missionpack camp entry so it is temporarely disabled and check again?

lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2012, 03:37:21 PM »

there is that SPM 1.5 mission NTA 1.3_mission pack entry that I mentioned in another thread. This was the text line I deleted and Rends Prokho missions played fine after that.
Rends Prokho missions were included in Pack Mission 1.0c Smiley Plus, there was one mission for T-70 Wink

http://graviteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=9591.0

01.   ShakhovoII (T-34 1943)
02.   T-38 Scout
03.   Hold On Kovalkovo (StugIII F)
04.   Jagdpanther: Over The Top!
05.   T-28: Onslaught!
06.   SU-100 the beast
07.   v.Kuhari (SU-152)
08.   T-35 In Attack!
09.   v.Zaronovo (SU-85)
10.   Kubelwagen hurry up
11.   v.Kuhari (Brummbar)
12.   Fire ground2 (T-35)
13.   v.Staroselie (KV-1)
14.   Firing ground (Stug III G)
15.   v.Tsotovo (Pz38(t))
16.   v.Tsotovo (T-28)
17.   Crossing the river (T-34-85)
18.   Bagration (Pz V)
19.   v.Zaronovo (Marder III)
20.   v.Chernogostie (T-34-76)
21.   v.Chernogostie (T-34-85)
22.   v. Kovalkovo (SU-122)
23.   T-70 (Prokhorovka)
+ 6 missions(Prokhorovka) by Rends.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 03:40:03 PM by lockie » Logged

Provocative signature removed
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2012, 03:52:36 PM »

One more thing to check, do you have the files "prokho_camp.engcfg" and "prokhower_camp.engcfg" in the LEVELS\camp folder?

If they aren't there, you'll have to try to install the campaign again.

No, they aren't there Kyth.  That might explain a lot.
I'm not sure how they are supposed to get there though.  I just put the mod in the mod folder, enable it and ensure the correct lines are in the camp_list correct?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 03:55:13 PM by Tanker » Logged

Bring back 3D markers!
Rends
Generalmajor

« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2012, 04:39:55 PM »

Locky, if it's still in the pack what went wrong?
Why did the ultimate camplist entries differ from the original ones while all others stay untouched?
If someone don't see the campaign after ultimate update and enable the seperate Prokho capaign through JSGME it result in chaos?
I realy would like to help tanker but it seems i can't.

lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2012, 05:51:03 PM »

Locky, if it's still in the pack what went wrong?
I don't have any ideas. As u know, there were no any complaints until UU released. At this moment mission pack was d/l 453 times.

Why did the ultimate camplist entries differ from the original ones while all others stay untouched?
I didn't compile UU, sorry can't answer your question.

Provocative signature removed
Panzerfaust
Generalmajor

« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2012, 05:57:15 PM »

Ah I think I see what might be going on, maybe. I remember awhile back I tried to use the Mission Pack 1c with Rends original Prokho Missions still activated and it was a bust for me. I now recall that I was having the same problem in that Rends original Prokho missions disappeared from the mission select UI with the Mission Pack 1c activated. So if the camp_list text refering to SPM 1.3 Mission Pack 1c isn't needed (if you don't have the Mission Pack 1c activated) it can be deleted with no ill effects. Also if the camp_list text for Rends Prokho missions has been changed by SPM 1.5UU as Rends is saying (didn't notice, my bad) then deleting the SPM 1.5 UU camp_list Prokho entry and pasting Rends orginal camp_list entry back in the camp_list should solve the problem some might be having, this is what I did and it worked for me.
Cheers
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: