Graviteam
April 20, 2024, 11:04:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Need help getting missions to show up  (Read 20594 times)
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2012, 06:14:57 PM »

So if the camp_list text refering to SPM 1.3 Mission Pack 1c
Did u mean SPM 1.5?
Personally, I think that Pack Mission 1.0c is not compatible with UU.

Provocative signature removed
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2012, 07:35:12 PM »

Also if the camp_list text for Rends Prokho missions has been changed by SPM 1.5UU as Rends is saying (didn't notice, my bad) then deleting the SPM 1.5 UU camp_list Prokho entry and pasting Rends orginal camp_list entry back in the camp_list should solve the problem some might be having, this is what I did and it worked for me.
Cheers

I tried that with no luck.  I also did not get his missions to show up in my LEVELS folder.

Thanks to everyone for trying to help me solve this problem.  I'm learning a lot along the way.

Does anyone have any recommendations for scenarios, campaigns that are known to be compatible with 1.5 UU?

Bring back 3D markers!
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2012, 12:18:11 AM »

No I don't have the cm_prokho folder in my LEVELS folder.  But then again KythCampaign doesn't show there either if that matters.

One more thing to check, do you have the files "prokho_camp.engcfg" and "prokhower_camp.engcfg" in the LEVELS\camp folder?

If they aren't there, you'll have to try to install the campaign again.

No, they aren't there Kyth.  That might explain a lot.
I'm not sure how they are supposed to get there though.  I just put the mod in the mod folder, enable it and ensure the correct lines are in the camp_list correct?

Tanker,

That normally works fine, but you'll need to make sure that the mod isn't buried in a "double" folder or something similar. There's a clearer explanation in the JSGME user guide, on page 7:

http://www.users.on.net/~jscones/software/documentation/JSGMEUG.pdf

Take a look at the MODS folder, and check if the "Rends_Prokhorovka_Version1" Mod replicates the game's data folder structure properly. Probably something that's not right,

Your problem sounds different from Rends and Panzerfaust problem, which is a double install problem.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 12:19:50 AM by Kyth » Logged

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2012, 01:44:46 AM »

Tanker when I have that problem I try é things which work for me:

1) I disenable and then re-enable the mod in the JSGME the launch the gameSometimes it's enough to make the mod appaear in my game

2) in extreme cases I paste a copy of the mod both in the mods folder and in the game folder the one yoyu get when you open your install folder

Another thought ; open your MODs and check to see if there isn't another MODs sub folder inside. It happened once to me that there was one and when I was extracting mods they would go straight into that one instead of the main one.
Panzerfaust
Generalmajor

« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2012, 01:57:44 AM »

So if the camp_list text refering to SPM 1.3 Mission Pack 1c
Did u mean SPM 1.5?
Personally, I think that Pack Mission 1.0c is not compatible with UU.

Hi lockie,
Look at this screen capture of Tanker camp_list, look at the last two entries, this is what I'm refering too since it was in my camp_list also.
http://graviteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=10215.0
Cheers
Panzerfaust
Generalmajor

« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2012, 02:22:38 AM »

No I don't have the cm_prokho folder in my LEVELS folder.  But then again KythCampaign doesn't show there either if that matters.

One more thing to check, do you have the files "prokho_camp.engcfg" and "prokhower_camp.engcfg" in the LEVELS\camp folder?

If they aren't there, you'll have to try to install the campaign again.

No, they aren't there Kyth.  That might explain a lot.
I'm not sure how they are supposed to get there though.  I just put the mod in the mod folder, enable it and ensure the correct lines are in the camp_list correct?

Tanker,

That normally works fine, but you'll need to make sure that the mod isn't buried in a "double" folder or something similar. There's a clearer explanation in the JSGME user guide, on page 7:

http://www.users.on.net/~jscones/software/documentation/JSGMEUG.pdf

Take a look at the MODS folder, and check if the "Rends_Prokhorovka_Version1" Mod replicates the game's data folder structure properly. Probably something that's not right,

Your problem sounds different from Rends and Panzerfaust problem, which is a double install problem.

Sorry I have to disagree Kyth, my Rends Prokho missions were fine till I installed SPM 1.5UU. I'm positive of that since I played them with SPM 1.5 Beta quite a bit and had no problems. Somehow the problem arose between activating SPM 1.5 UU and the Winter Beta Mod III as those were my last 2 mod activations. When I played SFK42 after the SPM 1.5UU install I don't recall 100% if Rends Prokho missions were in the mission list UI, but after I installed the Winter Beta III thats when I noticed they were missing (since I really wanted to try Rends missions in the snow). I'm off to do some tinkering  Wink
Cheers
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2012, 02:30:37 AM »

Hi everyone, here's my activated list:

My campaign list, straight from Ultimate Update, except for the 2 lines in red:
//ñïèñîê êàìïàíèé
camp_list()
{

//ôàéë, áëîê, íàçâàíèå+îïèñàíèå, êàìïàíèÿ, ñïðàéò êàðòèíêè
   camp\main_camp.engcfg, teach,          txt_cm_camp_teach,         false, img_t34;
   camp\main_camp.engcfg, single,          txt_cm_camp_single,        false, img_single;
   camp\main_camp.engcfg, rkka_1,               txt_cm_camp_rkka_1,          true,  img_t34;
   camp\main_camp.engcfg, rkka_2,               txt_cm_camp_rkka_2,          true,  img_mk2;
   camp\main_camp.engcfg, rkka_8,              txt_cm_camp_rkka_8,          true,  img_teach;
   camp\main_camp.engcfg, rkka_4,               txt_cm_camp_rkka_4,          true,  img_user9;
   camp\main_camp.engcfg, rkka_3,               txt_cm_camp_rkka_3,          true,  img_user2;
   camp\main_camp.engcfg, rkka_t60,       txt_cm_camp_rkka_t60,        true, ,;
        camp\main_camp.engcfg, rkka_5,               txt_cm_camp_rkka_5,          true, ,;
   camp\main_camp.engcfg, rkka_6,               txt_cm_camp_rkka_6,          true, ,;
        camp\main_camp.engcfg, rkka_7,               txt_cm_camp_rkka_7,          true, ,;
   camp\main_camp.engcfg, rkka_trophy,       txt_cm_camp_rkka_trophy,     false, ,;
   camp\main_camp.engcfg, werm_1,               txt_cm_camp_werm_1,          true,  img_pz4;
   camp\main_camp.engcfg, werm_2,               txt_cm_camp_werm_2,          true,  img_user10;
   camp\main_camp.engcfg, werm_3,               txt_cm_camp_werm_3,          true,  img_user1;
        camp\main_camp.engcfg, werm_4,               txt_cm_camp_werm_4,          true,  img_user11;
   camp\main_camp.engcfg, werm_new,           txt_cm_camp_werm_new,        true, ,;
   camp\main_camp.engcfg, werm_stug,      txt_cm_camp_werm_stug,       true, ,;
        camp\prokho_camp.engcfg, prokho,       txt_cm_camp_Prokho,        true,  img_t34;
        camp\prokhower_camp.engcfg, prokhower,       txt_cm_camp_Prokho1,        true,  img_pz4;

camp\main_camp.engcfg, rkka_9,               txt_cm_camp_rkka_9,        true,  img_t34;
   camp\final_camp.engcfg, cm_final,      txt_cm_camp_final,           false, img_single;
        camp\bar_camp.engcfg, bar,                      txt_cm_camp_bar,             true, img_pz4;
        //Kyth campaings
   camp\KY_camp.engcfg, werm_5,               txt_cm_camp_werm_5,          true,  img_user3;
        //SPM1.5 NTA1.3_mission_pack
   camp\spm15nta13_camp.engcfg, mission_pack,   txt_cm_camp_SPM15_NTA13,    true, img_user5;
}

_vars() {}

Rends' campaign appears as normal:

"Yes."
Panzerfaust
Generalmajor

« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2012, 03:14:19 AM »

Exactly the camp_list text for the SPM1.5 NTA 1.3 is indeed a red herring, but here's what I found out. Now this problem maybe happening for anyone who had Rends Prokho missions installed before SPM 1.5UU, I don't know. But when I deactivated SPM 1.5UU and reactivated SPM 1.5UU not only did Rends Proho missions go missing again but it did change the camp_list text for Rends Prokho missions that I had copy/pasted from Rends readme earlier. Before reactivating SPM 1.5UU it was this:
camp\prokho_camp.engcfg......
camp\prokhower_camp.engcfg.....
After reactivating SPM 1.5UU it changed to this:
camp\main_camp.engcfg,prokho.....
camp\main_camp.engcfg,prokhower....
All I did was delete the main_camp.engcfg part, saved, went back into SFK42 and Rends Prokho missions were back and working. Weird huh  Huh?
Cheers

P.S. Activated the Winter Beta Mod III after all of this and it changed nothing in the camp_list
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2012, 07:52:37 AM »

Before reactivating SPM 1.5UU it was this:
camp\prokho_camp.engcfg......
camp\prokhower_camp.engcfg.....
After reactivating SPM 1.5UU it changed to this:
camp\main_camp.engcfg,prokho.....
camp\main_camp.engcfg,prokhower....
All I did was delete the main_camp.engcfg part, saved, went back into SFK42 and Rends Prokho missions were back and working. Weird huh  Huh?
Cheers

P.S. Activated the Winter Beta Mod III after all of this and it changed nothing in the camp_list

Glad you got that problem solved, Panzerfaust.

Meanwhile, Tanker, look into the structure of MODS folder, like me and Frinik recommended, okay?

"Yes."
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2012, 05:25:30 PM »

Kyth, Frinik:  I checked the Mods folder structure and I have no "nested" folders there.  I have the same structure for Rends Prokho. as I have for Kyths missions (which work and show up).

@Kyth, I notice differences in our activated mods.

I have                                                                                    You have
SPMod1.5Beta                                                                         SPMod1.5beta
SPM1.5UU                                                                               SPM1.5UU1.1(Eng)
SPM1.5UU Patch                                                                      Unofficial patch SF 0.1 eng
Unofficial patch SF 0.1 eng

We share SPMod1.5Beta and Unofficial patch SF 0.1 eng.  We have differing versions of the UU and I have a UU patch.  Does the SPM1.5UU 1.1(ENG) do the same thing that my 2 related files do?

Kyth's jsgme:

My jsgme:

« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 05:44:20 PM by Tanker » Logged

Bring back 3D markers!
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2012, 06:00:30 PM »

How do I ensure that the formatting of my camp_list file is correct?  I've added and removed spaces from the 2 lines for Rends missions but the columns and spacing looks different from the ss that Kyth posted.

I suppose I could just delete those 2 lines and copy and paste them back in from the readme that came from the mod download.

Bring back 3D markers!
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2012, 11:20:05 PM »

Kyth, Frinik:  I checked the Mods folder structure and I have no "nested" folders there.  I have the same structure for Rends Prokho. as I have for Kyths missions (which work and show up).

@Kyth, I notice differences in our activated mods.

I have                                                                                    You have
SPMod1.5Beta                                                                         SPMod1.5beta
SPM1.5UU                                                                               SPM1.5UU1.1(Eng)
SPM1.5UU Patch                                                                      Unofficial patch SF 0.1 eng
Unofficial patch SF 0.1 eng

We share SPMod1.5Beta and Unofficial patch SF 0.1 eng.  We have differing versions of the UU and I have a UU patch.  Does the SPM1.5UU 1.1(ENG) do the same thing that my 2 related files do?

SPM 1.5UU 1.1 (ENG) is the English-translated version. I haven't tried the UU Patch yet.

How do I ensure that the formatting of my camp_list file is correct?  I've added and removed spaces from the 2 lines for Rends missions but the columns and spacing looks different from the ss that Kyth posted.

I suppose I could just delete those 2 lines and copy and paste them back in from the readme that came from the mod download.

Don't worry about trying to replicate the spacing. It's the campaign list, straight from 'Ultimate Update'. Just change the 2 red lines.
Use Notepad, not some other editor that might add in extra formatting. You only need to use 'backspace', 'delete' and the letter keys to edit the lines.

After you edit the campaign list, I'd suggest trying the following things:

- Deactivate Prokhorovka with JSGME.
- Activate Prokhorovka with JSGME. Do not access the mod folder while this is going on.
- If it still doesn't work, please post the screenshot of the Prokhorovka mod folder.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 11:55:06 PM by Kyth » Logged

"Yes."
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2012, 12:17:19 AM »

I did as you suggested with no luck.

What part of the Prokho mod folder should I show?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 12:51:03 AM by Tanker » Logged

Bring back 3D markers!
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2012, 12:14:45 PM »

Tanker,

Try to show the folders, up to here:

"Yes."
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2012, 12:28:36 PM »

Tanker,

Try to show the folders, up to here:

ps. I'm starting to think it's that old classic problem with Windows 7:
Install in Program Files folder = Big Trouble!

"Yes."
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2012, 04:42:31 PM »

Yes it's in the Program Files(386) folder but your missions show up ok.  I could try running the game as admin to see if that makes any difference.

I've entered a whole new realm of Win 7 weirdness.  If I start the game without saying run as admin, I keep my settings and I see Kyth's missions.  If I run the game as admin, my settings (sound, music etc) are stock, I don't have Kyth's missions listed now but I do see WM_01_Stanovoe to WM_10_Perekopovka listed in the User Missions on the in game screen.
I don't recognize those missions.

It's like I'm running 2 separate games when I run it as admin.  Perhaps I could copy the game folder and move to another directory on C or delete and reinstall it on another directory.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 05:00:42 PM by Tanker » Logged

Bring back 3D markers!
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2012, 04:50:31 PM »

It's worth a try, but I guess your best bet is to have the game installed in a different folder (anywhere else, other than Program Files).

"Yes."
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2012, 05:03:25 PM »

I added some more info in an edit to my post above.

Kyth, is the UU1.1(eng) the same thing as the 1.5UU, except for the english translation?

Bring back 3D markers!
Txema
Generalmajor

« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2012, 07:13:04 PM »

Tanker,

You really should unisntall Steel Fury and then install it in other folder...

If you keep it installed in the Program Files folder you will keep having problems in the future...

Txema
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2012, 11:19:01 PM »

Kyth, is the UU1.1(eng) the same thing as the 1.5UU, except for the english translation?

I think UU1.1(Eng) is the English translation of UU1.0.

It's a good idea to have the English version, if you're unable to read Russian  Smiley

"Yes."
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: