Graviteam
April 27, 2024, 02:53:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Request for best mods/compatability  (Read 5034 times)
chickenhawk
Oberleutnant

« on: November 27, 2012, 05:00:39 PM »

I guess what I'm searching for is the best playability for SP Kharkov.  This would include mods that don't crash the game based on their compatability.  I had the game running and added a few mods and it crashed.  I reinstalled a clean copy and tried again and no luck.  I tell you when this game was working it was smashing.  I don't know what I did but I tried to uninstall/reinstall, use a restor point etc.  I of course did not write down the order of my mod installation, so I could not reproduce the working results.  If anyone has a functiong game with the mods in a specific order in the JSGME file, and with the best playability, could you/they take a picture of their JSGME file and post it here possibly.  Then anyone can emmulate their success and get to driving some iron around.  If some mods are not compatable post the mods with their specific working components which might give other playability options etc.  Thanks fellow tankers
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2012, 05:43:28 PM »

What's er current "installation order"?

Provocative signature removed
chickenhawk
Oberleutnant

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2012, 07:18:14 PM »

originally set at:     Ultimate dl patch  sfV0.1 (Eng)
                             Spm 1.5 beta
                             Spm 1.5 ultimate update
                             Spm 1.5 ultimate update patch
                             Various mods   Desert Mod that was last install that caused crash
                             Upd_Nov 2012(NTA)

I guess my other question would also be where do you install other mods?  After the SPM UU Patch and between the UPD 2012 (NTA) or below the UPD 2012.  I think what my issue is where in the chain of events/mods listed is the right order to ad specific mods.  Does that make sense?
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2012, 07:33:26 PM »

I think what my issue is where in the chain of events/mods listed is the right order to ad specific mods.  Does that make sense?
"Installation order". looks fine. If u want to install a specific mods - it should be after UpdNov2012(NTA). Mostly, such mods has a textures changing, i.e. weather/sound/missions mod or er personal mod.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 07:36:36 PM by lockie » Logged

chickenhawk
Oberleutnant

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2012, 07:50:34 PM »

okay. I'll give that a shot.  I saw there were a bunch of missions and campaigns further in the forum.  Those too should be installed after the Upd_Nov2012 (NTA) entry?  It seemed I had some other mods above the Nov 2102(NTA) that had worked before I loaded the desert campaign which I beleived caused my crash.  Is there a cutoff patch date or the mods that are posted in this forum will work as placed in your suggestion.  Do I have to place one mod above another due to release date?  I noticed that in the
new SPM u u release that the uu patch is gone and replaced by UPD_NOV 2012.   Does that matter?  Or stilll the same operation regardless?
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2012, 08:59:59 PM »

okay. I'll give that a shot.  I saw there were a bunch of missions and campaigns further in the forum.  Those too should be installed after the Upd_Nov2012 (NTA) entry?
In theory, yes. Unfortunately, author SPM UU changed the name of some units and now a several missions are not compatible with current mods. That's why I'd recommend to keep "installation order" exactly as it was described in readme of the missions.

It seemed I had some other mods above the Nov 2102(NTA) that had worked before I loaded the desert campaign which I beleived caused my crash.  Is there a cutoff patch date or the mods that are posted in this forum will work as placed in your suggestion.
It goes without saying, that most stable mod is SPM1.5+fix. I'm sure it'll suit for desert mod. But I'd like to recommend u ask Kyth. He is more mastered in this question.

Do I have to place one mod above another due to release date?
Well, in a way yes Smiley But I'd like to recommend u to create two SF installation.
First - only for er personal use and experemintation.
Second - clear(etalon) for the new mod by users. If it works, then u can pick up what u likes and transfer tu er personal(first) installation.

I noticed that in the new SPM u u release that the uu patch is gone and replaced by UPD_NOV 2012.
Partly. June patch included into November(it was noted in readme). SPM UU wasn't changed.

Does that matter?  Or stilll the same operation regardless?
Of course, it does Smiley New stuff added, some bugs fixed. It's normal. When SF with all mods will work stable and without bugs - it does that game is dead.

chickenhawk
Oberleutnant

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2012, 09:34:09 PM »

Great.   Thanks for the help.  Once I'm up and running and when I add mods I'll post the order in the JSGME with the mods that work.  Then I will post what other mods work with what updates and patches.  I think some of that has been done.  This might eliminate some questions about installation.  Seems like it's a try and error on some stuff.  However, I couldn't recover this last time.  Again appreciate it. 
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2012, 07:23:20 AM »

I think it makes sense to read the stickie about the desert mod poste don this very forum:

http://graviteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=2638.0
chickenhawk
Oberleutnant

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2012, 06:00:38 PM »

Thanks.  I read it.  However I messed up the order of placement and crashed the game, my fault.  I might have also messed up in the config file as well.  Oh well.  I'm pleased with what I have at this point.  Again, Thank you.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: