Graviteam
April 25, 2024, 11:05:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10
  Print  
Author Topic: Israeli Defense Force Mod Version 1.75 (1.76 patch released)  (Read 128412 times)
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #140 on: October 06, 2012, 06:33:48 PM »

OK Whukid.  before I get TOTALY sucked into the m113 playable I am going to finish your !@(!@!#!#@$#$ tank.  Well the ai part anyways.   Tongue

Got alot of plans and things I want to do.  GOING TO BE BUSY!  For a while =)

Thanks a bunch FlashBurn! No progress yet on the insignia's; still getting a 46% crash whenever I go to play a game..  Embarrassed I wish I could give you guys some pointers, but it seems as though the game refuses to accept the new file.

Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #141 on: October 06, 2012, 07:34:35 PM »

OK Whukid.  before I get TOTALY sucked into the m113 playable I am going to finish your !@(!@!#!#@$#$ tank.  Well the ai part anyways.   Tongue

Got alot of plans and things I want to do.  GOING TO BE BUSY!  For a while =)

Thanks a bunch FlashBurn! No progress yet on the insignia's; still getting a 46% crash whenever I go to play a game..  Embarrassed I wish I could give you guys some pointers, but it seems as though the game refuses to accept the new file.

make sure the s_ bit is in the model!  compare config files.  Sounds like its looking for a dummy, not finding it and crashing

It would seem I got all the kinks out of lod 0 and 3.........finally.  Lod 1 has some totally Fooked up geomentry that I have not been able to fix yet.  Although I have fixed everything visable.  It displays wonkiness on the bottom.  More than like rendering off the pivet point of D_hull.  as to what that damned thing is, hard to find.  But I really want to reset its X form.  Where ever it is'
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 08:33:57 PM by Flashburn » Logged

Yabba dabba do
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #142 on: October 06, 2012, 08:40:38 PM »

Oh btw......

Does anyone have the oliphants armor map handy?  Seems really stupid to have to make a new one for a modded oliphant.   Tongue

Yabba dabba do
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #143 on: October 06, 2012, 10:42:39 PM »

FINALLY Unfooked the LOD1 model.  =)  ekkk what a total pain this is.   Tongue

Yabba dabba do
johncage
Oberst

« Reply #144 on: October 06, 2012, 11:36:53 PM »

the oliphant armor map should be in the game files, just copy the name from the oliphant entry in the techn_base file.
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #145 on: October 07, 2012, 12:32:17 AM »

the oliphant armor map should be in the game files, just copy the name from the oliphant entry in the techn_base file.

Can not.  Yl changed text cords.  Would not line up .  : Undecided  But he had to do that to add skirts.  So UGH. 

Yabba dabba do
Donken
Generalmajor

« Reply #146 on: October 07, 2012, 12:46:21 AM »

depending on your approach there are several ways of doing an armor map, but now that you actually have the model its easy, Make a uv template with black background and whatever color on your edges that you want. Open in your texture software of choice, and make the texture greyscale, the brighter areas are thicker armor, use the rgb values, rgb value 100 is 100mm armor for example. all tiny small stuff that doesnt need an armor value, make them black, the rest like all sides of the hull, turret, toolboxes etc you add the correct value to. Its easy peasy Cheesy

The real heroes are those that never came back.
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #147 on: October 07, 2012, 01:17:15 AM »

depending on your approach there are several ways of doing an armor map, but now that you actually have the model its easy, Make a uv template with black background and whatever color on your edges that you want. Open in your texture software of choice, and make the texture greyscale, the brighter areas are thicker armor, use the rgb values, rgb value 100 is 100mm armor for example. all tiny small stuff that doesnt need an armor value, make them black, the rest like all sides of the hull, turret, toolboxes etc you add the correct value to. Its easy peasy Cheesy

Yes it is easy........  Which is why i am attempting to get someone to step up.  I have 4 yes 4 projects in progress.  All are complex  Cheesy  Al lil math is the hardest problem. 

Yabba dabba do
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #148 on: October 07, 2012, 01:41:58 AM »

Yes it is easy........  Which is why i am attempting to get someone to step up.  I have 4 yes 4 projects in progress.  All are complex  Cheesy  Al lil math is the hardest problem. 

That shouldn't be a big problem. If you could provide the UV map, I could work something out Smiley

Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #149 on: October 07, 2012, 02:23:03 AM »

That shouldn't be a big problem. If you could provide the UV map, I could work something out Smiley

LOL you gave it to me!  muahahah  You have it....  just needs to 256 x 256.  Just message me.   Tongue Wink

Yabba dabba do
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #150 on: October 07, 2012, 03:55:03 AM »

Well i am beginning to think this LOD 1 is beyond help.  It simply crashes sabow out everytime.  As to why?  Not a clue.  I have fixed, broken stuff, and fixed again the mesh.  truelly do not know.  Undecided

Worst case I can do something with the lod I have in game now.  But DONT want to do that unless I have too. 

Yabba dabba do
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #151 on: October 07, 2012, 07:13:04 PM »

Wow this thing is turningn into a major project.  Dropping everythig pretty much and starting rigging from square one.  I simply can not figure out what is wrong with lod 1.  But something is massively wrong with mesh/rigging when exported.  But working on this and m113's.  When one pisses me off, I go to the other until I cool down.   Tongue

Yabba dabba do
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #152 on: October 07, 2012, 09:56:22 PM »

Currently working on an IDF sho't version of the oliphant model.  Today, THANK GAWD I am meeting more success than yesterday on this.  Still problems of course........note tracks.  Yl's armored skirts are removed from mesh while I figure this one out.  But the model has been cleaned of South Africian Oliphant bits and will start adding in IDF Sho't bits. 

Also working on playable m113.  Right now just redoing all the texture sheets to a better format that allows more detail in textures.  =)  And need to find time to debug the playable aspects.  Vary much confussing in aspects.  Simpler than I thought in some (ugh) harder in others.  Like how do you get interal parascopes to show the outside world?  =)

MORE PICTURES!
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 10:01:11 PM by Flashburn » Logged

Yabba dabba do
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #153 on: October 08, 2012, 01:08:08 AM »

Currently working on an IDF sho't version of the oliphant model.  Today, THANK GAWD I am meeting more success than yesterday on this.  Still problems of course........note tracks.  Yl's armored skirts are removed from mesh while I figure this one out.  But the model has been cleaned of South Africian Oliphant bits and will start adding in IDF Sho't bits. 

Also working on playable m113.  Right now just redoing all the texture sheets to a better format that allows more detail in textures.  =)  And need to find time to debug the playable aspects.  Vary much confussing in aspects.  Simpler than I thought in some (ugh) harder in others.  Like how do you get interal parascopes to show the outside world?  =)

MORE PICTURES!

Jeez Flashburn, this is awesome. where did you learn how to do 3d modelling, anyway?

johncage
Oberst

« Reply #154 on: October 08, 2012, 01:49:47 AM »

flshburn, do you have an example file of a vehicle right before the export process? i think it could help get more people involved. for example, i still can't figure out whether or not you're supposed to mirror the whole vehicle or not, and whether that should be done before or after naming the wheels starting from the true left side of the vehicle.

also, how did you set up the material? any special texture directory or is that done automatically in the engine?
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #155 on: October 08, 2012, 02:25:03 AM »

MORE PICTURES!

Jeez Flashburn, this is awesome. where did you learn how to do 3d modelling, anyway?

THis pure graviteam here.  Have done NOTHING in this screen other than remove stuff and changed tint of texture.  Photoshop and all that, school way back.  3dmax classes I had SUCKED circa 2002.  LEarned next to nothing useful.  That and I was busy "clubbing".   Tongue Embarrassed  Put little time into skills other than PS and this rather nice mod I did of OFP.  Alas my puter at the time finally bit the dust in a massive blue spark of death.  NO JOKE on that.  Lost nearly everything.  When I got back from Army stuff, and got my shit together,  I marched my happy ass into a refresher 3d max course.  Then been simply working on improving skills whereever I can the past couple years.

Yabba dabba do
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #156 on: October 08, 2012, 02:51:29 AM »

flshburn, do you have an example file of a vehicle right before the export process? i think it could help get more people involved. for example, i still can't figure out whether or not you're supposed to mirror the whole vehicle or not, and whether that should be done before or after naming the wheels starting from the true left side of the vehicle.

also, how did you set up the material? any special texture directory or is that done automatically in the engine?

I'll but that on the to do list.  But way to much on the plate.  Can not put more on it yet. 

What are you trying to get in?  Best to start small like a static mg or something.  WAY WAY WAY WAY easier to learn basics of sabow/apos.  Mirror?  the model?  NO!  Oh are you doing the cut in half method?  than YES.   Tongue  Just get your hull done however you can.  Weld it together, optimize the bugger.  Wheels I rig up at the beginning of bringing it in.  Expect issues!.  If tracked probably have tracks all crazy.  If wheeled probably turn like poop. 

The first step is just export your model into the sabow model viewer.  Hell does not even have to be rigged.  Just look for totally messed up stuff.  MOST of the time if it shows up in sabow/apos model viewer correct than issues of crashing out and the like are due to config or dummys in wrong place in model or simply missing.  It will crash out most of the time if an s_bit (dummy) is in config but NOT in model.  Some things you can get away with at first like s_loader_exit stuff.  Does not crash, but often crew are ejected OUT of the vehicle when they bail.  It can me quite funny.   Wink

For most  vehicles and stuff texures are assigned by using the texture swap utility.  Make sure model is unwrapped with a texture sheet (duh), run X to go.  THEN RUN the text swap on it.  If you dont it will be black most of the time.  Then laod all that into a mod structure or whatever....so long as sabow picks it up and run model viewer or start the game and see whats up. 

Yabba dabba do
johncage
Oberst

« Reply #157 on: October 08, 2012, 04:30:51 AM »

i mean i'll have something like vehicle ready, but when i export it to the go format and look in the model viewer, the model is flipped/mirrored horizontally. i'm using panda exporter, is there a setting i need to watch out for?

i still have a suspicion that it has to do with xyz orientation, that's why it's benefical to see how the model is actually in the scene.

no hurry though, i understand you have a lot of projects.
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #158 on: October 08, 2012, 04:46:52 AM »

i mean i'll have something like vehicle ready, but when i export it to the go format and look in the model viewer, the model is flipped/mirrored horizontally. i'm using panda exporter, is there a setting i need to watch out for?

i still have a suspicion that it has to do with xyz orientation, that's why it's benefical to see how the model is actually in the scene.

no hurry though, i understand you have a lot of projects.

oh ya I can take snap of what I am working on right now.  =)  as to the rest screenie?  Is the model together and all that good stuff?  Just facing wrong way?

Actually Y axis towards front of vehicle.  DUH easy as that. 
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 04:50:37 AM by Flashburn » Logged

Yabba dabba do
johncage
Oberst

« Reply #159 on: October 08, 2012, 05:05:34 AM »

yeah y is facing forward, but once i export it, in the modelviewer it's pointing down rather than facing the right as it should be.
edit: i'll try again. y forward and z up right?

edit again: actually it seems panda exporter is missing an option to flip the model 90 degrees so y is up. that's probably why the damn thing's pointing down or flipped on its belly
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 05:17:01 AM by johncage » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10
  Print  

Jump to: