Graviteam
March 28, 2024, 10:35:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Wehrmacht flag Restriction  (Read 54280 times)
Wörghern
Oberstleutnant

« on: April 13, 2012, 08:59:10 PM »

Hi,

I would like to see in game the historically correct german flag during ww2 but, there is a restriction option that I couldn't use. So, I unflat the "map_map_marks0000_dift.loc_def.dds" but all I could find is the right flag. Is anyone know how I could activate it or change to make the game historicaly correct ? I have no affiliation and are not member of any political party. I just, like all my ww2 wargame, want to play in right consideration for each sides.

Thanks for help

Panzergranate Neun und Dreizig Geladen! Schuss!
Rod
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2012, 05:32:44 AM »

Believe my I looked to. I second that request.

I looked in this file     misc

C:\Steel Armor\data\mtc80\shared\textures\misc

but I couldn't open this dds file like others.  It's the only file in this folder. hmmmmmm maybe it's there.
I doubt the pc version is hardcoded since I have seen it in screenshots I have seen the real flag.

Hunt continues.

« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 09:56:28 AM by Rod » Logged
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2012, 12:32:32 PM »

It's bloked for English version.

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Wörghern
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2012, 02:08:49 PM »

Is there anyway to unlock it ?  Undecided

andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2012, 08:33:34 PM »

Only redraw polytical correct flag.
1) Unpack "tex_replace.flatdata" in last update.
2) Convert to DDS and redraw "map_map_marks0000_dift" and "menu_game0000_dift" sprite atlases.
4) Make mod as described in modutils manual, convert and add this redrawed files to it.
5) Install mod to game.

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2012, 08:35:48 PM »

But, I think german cross which replaces swasticas on flag it's a normall decision for this issue. And there is no need to change that.

Schuck
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2012, 09:30:11 PM »

Andrey is correct,
Every game i have brought that has been an "English version" has had the swastika removed, wether it is on the rudder of a plane in Il2, or the flag of a ship in Sh3. But strangly the swastika is not a banned symbol in the UK.
And even stranger, since the last update the in game encyclopedias Wehrmacht flag has a Swastika on it!  Grin
Wörghern
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2012, 10:53:54 AM »

2) Convert to DDS and redraw "map_map_marks0000_dift" and "menu_game0000_dift" sprite atlases.
4) Make mod as described in modutils manual, convert and add this redrawed files to it.
5) Install mod to game.

Thank you very much Andrey ! I'm going to make the change and I'll report it later , thanks again ! Wink

Regards,

Joch

BTW, I have made the change for il2 1946 with il2 Mat manager 2.36 to let it more historically correct. And many others. I understand the desire of those who will censor but it becomes paranoia.

And even stranger, since the last update the in game encyclopedias Wehrmacht flag has a Swastika on it!  Grin

yes, I noticed that too Wink
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 11:02:32 AM by Jochem Hraback » Logged

Wörghern
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2012, 04:33:50 PM »

Hmmm, I'm just a little bit confused Andrey...I have not really understand how to create flatdata with mkflat command. The 3.3 Summary table of commands from the  modtools.pdf did'nt explain clearly for me how to exactly add the two files, "map_map_marks0000_dift.loc_def.texture" and "menu_game0000_dift.loc_def.texture" to the t"ex_replace.flatdata". Could you tell me how do I have to proceed, please ?

Regards,

Joch

Rod
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2012, 06:54:12 PM »

Try this page on modding in Steel Armor Blaze of War regarding MKFLAT. Specifically KYTH's comments.

http://graviteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=10253.15

In fact read the whole string and the issue I had putting  a Iraqi -Russian Style helmet on a Russian soldier with a soft cap in the Steel Armor forum.

http://graviteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=10226.0

MKFLAT experience with me was screwed up due my not understanding DOS very well. The mod manual gives a lot-but some things are obscure or assumes you know something about code when in fact it turns into a learning experience.  Grin

Incidentally I tried what andrey suggested weeks ago-but still show the latest politically correct flag-i.e. an Maltese Cross overlaying the swastika on the Wehrmacht flag. Maybe I didn't mod it right-or maybe you will put the flag in right-but the game from another file overlays a a Maltese cross over the swastika because I do not see any flag in the files that looks like what we want to get rid of (the Wehrmacht flag with a Maltese cross). I'm curious to see what you find out. Maybe I didn't pack it right for updating when I tried my mod modification.

This what I was using to MKFLAT and it wasn't working-NOTHING appeared. No FLATDATA file was produced.
Code:
cd ..\..\..
starter.exe root\programs\mkflat.progpack,  users\modwork\my_addon.flatdata, users\modwork\my_addon.!flatlist

My mistake I had too many \..\.. in my MKFLAT CMD file after the cd

What worked was

Code:
cd ..
starter.exe root\programs\mkflat.progpack,  users\modfolder\my_addon.flatdata, users\modfolder\my_addon.!flatlist

In the end it depends where your modfolder resides in relation to the MKFLAT CMD file in  your root file.
Caused no end of grief for me because I don't know DOS very well.

You can use the flatlist produced from unflattening but edit out the files you do not intend to modify-only leave those  one or two files in.
Any questions just ask-more people who mod the better the game gets and it extends it's life.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 07:26:23 PM by Rod » Logged
Wörghern
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2012, 09:58:15 PM »

Wunderbar ! I success to create Flagdata and make the mod to work perfectly as I want. Easy way, finally, when you know the process but not simple at the first glance. Thanks you Rod and Andrey for your very usefull advices ! Wink

For those who are interesting for :

http://www.2shared.com/file/Ne_bdxLW/Wehrmacht_Flag.html

PS: I hope not to offend anyone with this mod. The goal is just to make immersion a little more realistic in regard to the German side. I do not support any ideology and serves no propaganda of any kind.

May you have some good time with Graviteam wargames like me !

Regards,

Joch
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 10:24:19 PM by Jochem Hraback » Logged

Rod
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2012, 12:37:57 AM »

Hi Jochem:
This what I have and what I had before with a flag mod Huh?
Do you see something masking your hackenkreuz? ( I mentioned this 'mask' it in an earlier post.) Your mod is at the very top in my update.
The hackenkreuz shows up on the DDS file-but when it is in game you can see it is masked. I looked but I can't find this mask on any dds files I opened.

« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 12:49:02 AM by Rod » Logged
Wörghern
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2012, 01:30:25 AM »

All is working perfectly fine as you can see. If anyone could confirm to be sure.

I have replace the two files from the dev_update 5.77 as suggested by Andrey Wink

5) Install mod to game.

Regards,

Joch
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 01:32:58 AM by Jochem Hraback » Logged

Rod
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2012, 02:18:47 AM »

Looks like I have some work to do.  Grin
Hope it's just a case of where the Flag mod is on the updater

Rod
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2012, 02:48:11 AM »

Huh? Huh? Huh? Nothing changed 'politically correct' flag is still there. Arranged on the updater so that patches and mods we both have in common are in the same order. I even deleted my profile. When I disable the mod the old Imperial German tricolor shows. When I re enable I get back the 'politically correct' flag. I reinstalled the mod 3 times and nothing changed.
I do know what is strange is the update you made is only 6 to 7 Megs yet it take a long time to update.

My game which runs on XP resides in my C: Drive i.e.  C:\Achtung Panzer Operation Star and is a direct download from GamersGate-is yours the same or different?
Wörghern
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2012, 03:06:03 AM »

Huh? Huh? Huh? Nothing changed 'politically correct' flag is still there.

Gamersgate version too. Have you try to unflat my files ? As you can see, this is the right files. It worked at the first time. I installed the game here :

M:\GAmes\WRgms\WWII\Kharkov Zvezda

I have deinstalled it. So, the game retrievied its original configuration vith 'political' correct flag.
I reinstalled my mod and all is working well without problem.

The adresss of the mod, once updated with update.cmd, is :

M:\GAmes\WRgms\WWII\Kharkov Zvezda\data\k43t\Mods\shared\packed_data\wehrmacht_flag.flatdata
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 03:20:46 AM by Jochem Hraback » Logged

Rod
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2012, 03:38:02 AM »

I unflattened your file-everything is in order. I don't think it's your MOD-There is something with my install. Yet the file resides where you said it should hmmm I tried installing the mod again and it takes too long for such a small file to install. Maybe the install/update patch is corrupted. I will investigate further. Thanks for getting back.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 03:41:17 AM by Rod » Logged
Wörghern
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2012, 03:51:41 AM »

I have reorganized the file to something that looks like as the updates and mods in the tree directories. Try to install this version and tell me what it does, please.

*Download:

Wehrmacht_Flag 1.0

http://www.2shared.com/file/3IQSvbav/Wehrmacht_Flag.html

*Installation:

1) Unpack archive at the root of your game.
2) Click "update.cmd" batch in the main menu of the game.
2) A new window will appear. Click "Install" button here. Locate the folder where you have unpacked the mod [step 1] and select desc.addpack file.
3) Click "Save and play" button.

Here, the tree of my installation.

M:\GAmes\WRgms\WWII\Kharkov Zvezda\data\k43t\Wehrmacht_Flag\shared\packed_data\wehrmacht_flag.flatdata

Of course, I have tested it and it's working perfectly....for me. I hope it will work for you too. Let me know please. Wink
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 03:58:54 AM by Jochem Hraback » Logged

Rod
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2012, 03:53:19 AM »

Ok thanks-if this one doesn't work I am uninstalling and cleaning out my register and then reinstall the game.
Looking at your mod I didn't see anything wrong with the structure.
Rod
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2012, 04:28:08 AM »

Nope that didn't work either-and that to took a long time to update. Something is corrupted in the game and or registry. So I will uninstall and report back. FWIW I do not think it's your Flag Mod. It's my game. Thanks though for the extra effort.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: