Graviteam
March 28, 2024, 02:49:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Wehrmacht flag Restriction  (Read 54277 times)
Wörghern
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2012, 05:07:03 PM »

Willys, the creator of the VAPOSM mod has installed my mod with success ! So, it seems to work finally Wink

Panzergranate Neun und Dreizig Geladen! Schuss!
Schuck
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2012, 08:27:42 PM »

Jochem,
Works fine with me to, thanks.
Now all we need is the uniform mod with Sig runes on the SS helmets, and perfect!!
Wörghern
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2012, 08:49:10 PM »

Jochem,
Works fine with me to, thanks.
Now all we need is the uniform mod with Sig runes on the SS helmets, and perfect!!

Seems the Uniform mod is on the good way ! I can't wait anymore to install it !

Rod
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2012, 04:56:52 AM »

Well I cleaned my registry and did a clean install and still no go. Still politically correct. Oh well I'll just have to accept it. Weird.
Wörghern
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2012, 07:40:30 AM »

Well I cleaned my registry and did a clean install and still no go. Still politically correct. Oh well I'll just have to accept it. Weird.

It's crazy....I couldn't imagine how it is possible. If the file is updated, normally it couldn't make the difference. Try to change the Communist flag and see what it does.

Rod
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2012, 08:41:32 AM »

Jochem-No finesse now-just brute force.

I'm going to do a work around tomorrow-a whole new tex_replace.flatdata that is a game file sprinkled throughout the game in some 5 different game sub files including if you have the 2 addons.  Just duplicate the game file and just a copy and paste in 5 different files once I have that large flatdata file made (it's about 355 megs). 2 files for the flags are in that file. Not going to mess with CORE and update cmd.
You can help me though-how do I convert the 2 altered dds files  back. Like from from map_map_marks0000_dift.loc_def.dds   to   map_map_marks0000_dift.loc_def.texture?

From def.dds to def.texture

I don't think I'm doing that right.

And yes it is crazy I updated with all the patches and Sokolovo and Volokonovka Addons with update cmd and the game works and doesn't crash.

« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 08:46:59 AM by Rod » Logged
hamrock
Major

« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2012, 08:43:54 AM »

From what I can make out from the Russian site, the uniform mod will be out early May.  There are even hints of another patch out as well.  Perhaps Andrey can confirm this?
Rod
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2012, 09:23:58 AM »

Jochem:
Couldn't wait.
Brute Force worked.
Not elegant-but ...... Grin
I made the file but I used your 2 def.texture files to reconstruct my tex_replace.flatdata. Then copy and pasted tex_replace.flatdata
wherever I could find it (like I said some 5 different files in the game.)
But do explain how to make def. texture from dds.
This bashed together file is for my own personal use so don't worry I will not share it since it included your 'intellectual property'
It's 12:21 AM-I'm going to bed I go to work in 5 hours.
This was crazy.

P.S. if you want the modified tex_replace.flatdata just PM me I'll give it to you and you can do what you want with it.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 09:33:55 AM by Rod » Logged
Wörghern
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2012, 04:57:36 PM »

Hi Rod,

To make dds to atf you have to use the batch dedicated for that: "dds2atf.cmd" is located in asets folder. Attention ! You have to respect the characteristics of the texture formats listed in a table otherwise it will not work ! You could find it in the modtools.pdf, the Table 2. For Menu_*.def.texture files, by example, it is DXt5. Respect the generated mip maps number and fuse your layer before. You have to save a proper file to convert it exactly as the file was before you make the changes.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 07:04:47 AM by Jochem Hraback » Logged

Wörghern
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2012, 05:05:14 PM »

From what I can make out from the Russian site, the uniform mod will be out early May.  There are even hints of another patch out as well.  Perhaps Andrey can confirm this?

Nice to know ! I'm waiting for this release with great interest ! Wink

Rod
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2012, 03:33:10 AM »

Thanks Jochem. I will work at this.
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2012, 05:09:52 PM »

From what I gather, SABOW and APOS use mostly the same files. As I've found out via the IDF mod, the flags are hidden in separate files for separate modes. I believe there's a total of 4 files you need to edit before having the edited flag found everywhere in game.

Alas, I don't have APOS, so I can't be certain

BigDuke66
Major

« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2012, 11:01:10 PM »

Seems that it doesn't work under the new patch and polygon files, maybe because of the new extensions that are used?

Anyhow any way to get the historical correct flag?

"Spread word to every slave, that even the mighty republic bleeds when struck!"
THE BLITZ WARGAMING CLUB
Mission: To help the rookies, connect the regulars and honor the hardcore!
JOIN AT http://www.theblitz.org
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2012, 07:11:36 PM »

Seems that it doesn't work under the new patch and polygon files, maybe because of the new extensions that are used?

Anyhow any way to get the historical correct flag?

Every patch changes alot of the visual stuff such as insignias, buttons, marks, icons, ect.  it's really not that hard to do yourself, just unflat the tabs folder and tex_replace and overwrite the in game flags with the historically accurate ones. re-convert the .dds files to .texture files and then place the files you edited into your own folder. Make a new text document called "flatlist" and add the required entries (use the unpacked folders as a guide). Edit MKFLAT.cmd with the proper paths to your flatlist and the name and bingo, you have your own mod Smiley

I'll do a more detailed tutorial later; I'm starved Tongue

Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2012, 07:47:08 PM »

Lol, simple.  Sounds like Greek to me.

Anyway bon apetit. Cheesy

Bring back 3D markers!
Schuck
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2012, 07:55:28 PM »

Hey Whukid,
You seem to know what youre on about,
have you any idea how it is possible to get rid of those hideous blue boxes around selected units. Or even better could you tell me which files i need to alter, and how to do it.
The game for me is unplayable with them, and theres no option to turn them off. Cry

andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #36 on: November 26, 2012, 09:11:48 PM »

The game for me is unplayable with them,

Why unplayable ?

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #37 on: November 26, 2012, 10:12:43 PM »

Hey Whukid,
You seem to know what youre on about,
have you any idea how it is possible to get rid of those hideous blue boxes around selected units. Or even better could you tell me which files i need to alter, and how to do it.
The game for me is unplayable with them, and theres no option to turn them off. Cry

F6 already does this Smiley

As for my rushed tutorial,

Once you've finished editing whatever you're going to edit, save the files and then use the "dds2atf" file in the mods folder to re-convert it to a format that the game can read. This is only done for visual things like textures and such. If you want to edit the in-game names or text files, you'll have to use the .txt converter, as well as the .config converter for files that mess with balances in the game.

Once you've done that for all the files you want, place them in a new folder in the (main steel armor/APOS directory)/users folder. It doesn't matter where they came from or that they're all the same file type, they just have to be in the same folder. Then, make a document labeled [your mod's name here].txt in the folder or copy the .!flatlist file over from one of the un-packed files (that's what I did). Add the entries so they look like so;

save the file, and then change the name from "[your mod's name here].txt" to "[your mod's name here].!flatlist". You'll get a warning that you might permanently damage your file or whatever, but just ignore it (FOR NOW. DO NOT MESS WITH ANY OTHER FILES ON YOUR COMPUTER IN THIS MANNER <= disclaimer) because notepad and word can still read the file. When you open it for the first time, Windows will tell you that it doesn't recognize the file type. There's two ways to get around this;
1. Right click on the flatlist file and go down to "Open file with.." and select wordpad or word or whatever you use. I use notepad2.0

2. double click and select "browse computer for program" or something along those lines. find notepad or whatever you use and select it.

Now, your folder should look like this

Congrats, you've reached level 2. Welcome to hell, because the first time you do this, it sucks Smiley

Now comes the fun part. go into your docs/modwork/flatwork folder, and select the "mkflat.cmd" file. Copy it and paste it in the main APOS directory, like so

Right click it and go down to "Edit with notepad++ [or whatever you use]". (Let me just say that you should download this program; it makes life about 83239478239847 times easier) The file should open up and should look confusing. Smiley the top row, when using notepad++, has cd../../.. or something along those lines. Delete it. since it's in the main directory, you no longer need them. If you understand how .cmd files work, have at it, however I took them out for ease of use.

Now that the top row has been removed, add two new sections to the remaining text. This is the entry I used;

Code:
starter.exe  root\programs\mkflat.progpack,  users\Mod tutorial.flatdata, users\Mod tutorial\Mod tutorial.!flatlist

The first bracket tells the computer what to use. The second tells it where to put the .flatdata file (if you want it in a separate folder, say the "docs" instead of users, you would put docs\[folder you want it to go into (optional)]\[the name you want it called].flatdata). The last bracket tells the .cmd file where to find the list of files to be compacted. This part is pretty nifty, because you don't have to delete a file out of the folder if you don't want it included in your mod; either delete or disable (put // in front) the entry in the .!flatlist

Save and double click the .cmd file. You should now have a file labeled [your mod here].flatdata somewhere. Whatever you put into the second bracket is where it will go. Mine went into the users folder, however you can also have it go into your mod's folder if you want to avoid clutter

I have to go to work, so I'll finish the rest in a few hours. Luckily, the next few parts aren't too hard to do Smiley

Schuck
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #38 on: November 26, 2012, 10:40:29 PM »

Hey andrey,
When i said "unplayable" i didnt mean the game was literally unplayable, ie; it doesnt work.
I meant i personally find the boxes very distracting and unrealistic, and just wished there was an option to turn them off.
I wasnt a big fan of the "blue halo" effect we had before but these are far worse.
I know most people dont seem to mind them, and the rest of the game is superb,
Its just a personal choice, no offence meant!
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #39 on: November 27, 2012, 12:03:34 AM »

Go to the button on the right side of flag on the user interface and click it till the blue boxes turn off.

Or-

You can also left click mouse button to temporarily turn them off until you select a unit again then the boxes will come back just left click mouse button again to hide them.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 01:16:04 AM by dane49 » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: