Graviteam
March 28, 2024, 11:57:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Wehrmacht flag Restriction  (Read 54275 times)
BigDuke66
Major

« Reply #40 on: September 19, 2013, 06:59:35 PM »

Is there an updated version that works with the latest patch?
Preferably one that does change ONLY the flag.
Tried this one but that changed a thousend icons in many menus, very distracting.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 07:03:57 PM by BigDuke66 » Logged

"Spread word to every slave, that even the mighty republic bleeds when struck!"
THE BLITZ WARGAMING CLUB
Mission: To help the rookies, connect the regulars and honor the hardcore!
JOIN AT http://www.theblitz.org
Ballacraine
Oberleutnant

« Reply #41 on: March 08, 2014, 12:51:13 PM »

It is really frustrating and disappointing that the historical insignia option is greyed out.
I do find it immersion breaking that there is no straightforward way to enable historically correct insignia.
Like the above poster I found the downloaded Wehrmacht Flag pack altered lots of things other than its intent, due to files being moved about in updates, no doubt.

Is there a fix for this available for the most recent build, please?

Balla.  Huh?

wodin
Generalleutnant

« Reply #42 on: March 08, 2014, 08:42:58 PM »

I moaned about those myself when they where first introduced..much prefer the old way..though I've forgotten what that was now but it looked much better than the blue box.

Hey Whukid,
You seem to know what youre on about,
have you any idea how it is possible to get rid of those hideous blue boxes around selected units. Or even better could you tell me which files i need to alter, and how to do it.
The game for me is unplayable with them, and theres no option to turn them off. Cry

Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #43 on: March 08, 2014, 09:01:52 PM »

This is a video of the old way.
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #44 on: March 08, 2014, 10:36:57 PM »

This thread has two themes going on.  Blue boxes and Historical flags.  It started out about flags.

Ballacraine wanted to know if there was a straight forward way to have historically correct flags.

Bring back 3D markers!
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #45 on: March 08, 2014, 10:49:17 PM »

Ballacraine wanted to know if there was a straight forward way to have historically correct flags.

Yes,
If an individual mods it and shares it with the community.
Graviteam said they will not add it to their game officially.
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #46 on: March 08, 2014, 11:59:38 PM »

Dont think they really CAN do that.  The swastika.  That damned thing is banned in many places.  And having 2 versions of game floating around is never a great thing.

Now modding it in.... no issues.  When I was playing modded silent hunter 5 i liked the modded in evil swastika on the German Navy.   When they got sunk it made it easier to watch.   Undecided  I also loved how my entire crew of my U boat was not pro nazi.   Tongue  But soldiers born in certain times and places don't have a choice of which wars get fought.

Yabba dabba do
Ballacraine
Oberleutnant

« Reply #47 on: March 09, 2014, 12:52:43 AM »

Dont think they really CAN do that.  The swastika.  That damned thing is banned in many places.

Only in Germany, I think.

It is a bit odd it does not appear in the English version of the game.

I could understand it not being present in a German version.

Balla.  Undecided

Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #48 on: March 09, 2014, 01:31:18 AM »

Andrey mentioned He didn't want to deal with any negative publicity it may generate,which is one of the reasons they don't want to cover any modern DLCs about the Arab Israeli conflict either.
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #49 on: March 09, 2014, 03:05:42 AM »

Andrey mentioned He didn't want to deal with any negative publicity it may generate,which is one of the reasons they don't want to cover any modern DLCs about the Arab Israeli conflict either.

Which I don't think would happen.... At least if handling 1973 war.  Guess what, the Arabs almost won.  IF a historical accurate campaign where to be done I think there would not be any negative issues, if anything the opposite might happen.  With the nazi thing... yes a potential head ache.  But its a sad state when potential issues with PR either from media, players, or publishers takes things off the table. 

I say this often but how Egypt conducted its initial surprise attack against the IDF is text book stuff.  How could anybody of Arab dissent have issues with that? It was really well done.  Just they had no plan what to do AFTER they breached everything.  I don't think they expected to achieve complete surprise and the always mangled cooperation between the various Allies was the usual mess. But if on day 3 or 4 they drove in mass on Israel proper...Not alot the IDF could have done.  Either stay and keep fighting the Syrians or pulled their armor from the North and move it south to deal with Egypt.  Either way its just plain bad. 

If what is often said is true...  The IDF was ready to drop tactical nukes.  Well if they actually had any then.  One vary likely reason for Operation nickle grass.  Having the IDF nuking a future US ally...not so good.

Yabba dabba do
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #50 on: March 09, 2014, 03:30:32 AM »

Dont think they really CAN do that.  The swastika.  That damned thing is banned in many places.

Only in Germany, I think.

It is a bit odd it does not appear in the English version of the game.

I could understand it not being present in a German version.

Balla.  Undecided

I wonder if they photoshop it out in historical photos in Germany?  Boggles the mind.

Bring back 3D markers!
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #51 on: March 09, 2014, 06:23:10 AM »

If there was not so much hypocrisy in banning the Hakenkreuz( hooked cross as it is called in German) but not the Hammer and Sickle of the infamous Soviet flag which also stands for so much devastation, brutality and untold deaths I wouldn't mind but this whole issue is such a politically-correct leftwing hogwash that it makes me nauseous........  Angry
Krabb
Administrator
Generaloberst

Chekist with a Mauser

« Reply #52 on: March 09, 2014, 06:37:56 PM »

If someone wants to discuss politics and what flags one hates, proceed to General Discussion forum, please.

"Please adopt a good faith attitude, Andrey. After 2+ years it's about time you did."
"It is simply not necessary, it makes no sense"
Schuck
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #53 on: March 09, 2014, 09:07:57 PM »

frinik

+1
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #54 on: March 10, 2014, 02:50:26 AM »

Like the name implies-Graviteam Tactics.

This is a tactical wargame not a politics game,the flags are nothing but tactical reference points.
They are not political objectives.

I respect Graviteams choice of not wanting to deal with the politics of this era and focusing only on the tactical aspects.

Nazi symbolism isn't  necessary to the enjoyment of this game.
If you want a Nazi flag-Mod it.

I personally don't  play with the flags,so this is a complete non-issue for me.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 11:09:31 AM by Dane49 » Logged
Ballacraine
Oberleutnant

« Reply #55 on: March 10, 2014, 05:11:23 PM »

I am not a modder, nor am I able to master it.

As I said in an earlier post:

'It is really frustrating and disappointing that the historical insignia option is greyed out.
I do find it immersion breaking that there is no straightforward way to enable historically correct insignia.
I found the downloaded Wehrmacht Flag pack altered lots of things other than its intent, due to files being moved about in updates, no doubt.

Is there a fix for this available for the most recent build, please?'

Balla.   Huh?
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #56 on: March 10, 2014, 05:21:15 PM »

I think it's pretty clear that there is not, unfortunately.

Bring back 3D markers!
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #57 on: March 10, 2014, 06:04:56 PM »

Im thinking about making new swastika flag mod.  Have not decided yet if its worth it.  Be much more nifty if swastika air identification flags on the back of tanks.   Tongue   But that would take access to the source models....there I go again taking something simple and turning into hard.

Hmm actually..... maybe I could fake that by merging good normal maps into textures.  Might not look to crappy.  =)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 06:06:48 PM by Flashburn » Logged

Yabba dabba do
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #58 on: March 10, 2014, 08:49:44 PM »

I'm in a different camp.
I find all the flags to be immersive breaking as they float over the key points.
I don't mind referencing their position and then turning them off but if there is one thing about the flags I would like to see changed,it would be that we are allowed to choose where they are placed for Quick Battles.

My problem with them(flags) during QBs is that I don't like that some of the key points are not what I would consider the key tactical terrain feature in some of the grid squares.
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #59 on: March 11, 2014, 01:21:18 AM »

I'm in a different camp.
I find all the flags to be immersive breaking as they float over the key points.
I don't mind referencing their position and then turning them off but if there is one thing about the flags I would like to see changed,it would be that we are allowed to choose where they are placed for Quick Battles.

My problem with them(flags) during QBs is that I don't like that some of the key points are not what I would consider the key tactical terrain feature in some of the grid squares.

Cause there not =)  Just some sort of random placement. 

Yabba dabba do
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: