Graviteam
April 25, 2024, 04:06:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: German infantry equipment WIP screenshot  (Read 26370 times)
Aces
Generalleutnant

« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2012, 07:27:36 AM »

Morning chaps,

LOL Cheesy,

I think I'm nearly there, sorted out one of a few loose ends last night, a couple more to sort out and that's it, so should be ready for release this coming weekend. Phew!, been a lot of work this one, need a rest after release.

Cheers

Aces

Edit: Oh and one last thing I modelled and textured this morning for your infantry officer. Wanted to do this for a long time ever since I saw a picture of an officer on the Eastern Front with one of these attached to the front of his tunic.

I could do a red or green alternative filter for the lense maybe instead of no filter white.

actually I like it with the red filter better:

Cheers

Aces

and here's the finished item, correctly scaled and ready to position this evening

« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 12:17:24 PM by Aces » Logged

"IL-2 MAT Manager" co-dev.,Silent Hunter III "Super Turms","Super Pens","Crew on Deck" ,Multi-Skin Bombers dev. Wings of Victory v2.10.
Gamefront: http://tinyurl.com/bpbaeyl
Mediafire: http://tinyurl.com/bn2aoqt
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2012, 01:23:52 PM »

Wow Aces! You are a man who pays attention to details!! This is outstanding work that you are doing however I wonder if it would not be more useful to focus on vehicles or bigge rpieces of equipemnt that desperately need your talents??? Huh?
Aces
Generalleutnant

« Reply #42 on: June 07, 2012, 01:26:41 PM »

Thanks mate but it's the "small things in life" that most interest me. Maybe, after I've had a break, I'll think more on the subject and see where I go from there. I'm really hampered since my 30 day trial of max ended. I was really getting into Max so I'm a bit limited in the scale od my work.

Cheers

Aces

Edit:

Actually when I say the small things in life what I really mean are the fine detailing or to put it another way, the attention to small historic details, that most often gets ommitted from games. I know that a new vehicle is much more "sexy" but I'm driven (excuse the pun Smiley) over the years by the smaller things. My work on MAT Manager was all about trying to put some historically accurate markings into the IL-2 series games. Likewise plus superdetailing the skins with the multi-skin bomber work for WOV. My mods for SH3 were all about detail again, adding things that were missing from the game. IMHO it is the small details that add much to the immersion possibly as much the bigger details.

What folks never see are all the hours that I spend modding and re-modding until I'm happy that I've done the best that I can do, "perfectionist", yes, "perfection", no. I'll never claim that my mods can't be bettered, of course they can, there's always someone who knows better and is more skilled thn oneself but I do however claim that I've done the best that I can with my current skill-set. At heart I'm probably happiest working with 2D stuff, textures and suchlike but I've enjoyed working in 3D as well. I've lost count on how many skin versions I've gone through with this mod and my previous 251 mod, I often produce many tweaked or altered versions a day before I arrive at what I consider as the finished article. Hope this all makes sense Smiley.

I guess there are few who casually play the game that really care much about the small details and, why should they?. Differing from game to game of course but the ratio between those that notice and/or care about small details to those that don't is probably highly in favour of those that don't. My passion has always been WW2 military history since I was a kid growing up in the early sixties, especially Wehrmacht equipment, books and models and then computers and games/sims came along. When I see something missing or wrong it just "grates" and starts me thinking "could I do something about it?", I guess it is just the way that I'm wired Cheesy and there's not a "m odder" out there, present company included, that doesn't know that "buzz" when something comes together, something that wasn't there yesterday but is today.   
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 02:45:11 PM by Aces » Logged

"IL-2 MAT Manager" co-dev.,Silent Hunter III "Super Turms","Super Pens","Crew on Deck" ,Multi-Skin Bombers dev. Wings of Victory v2.10.
Donken
Generalmajor

« Reply #43 on: June 07, 2012, 02:44:57 PM »

Then you are pretty much as me. Thats how i started my 3d modelling (after i did that i got stuck with it). I wasnt happy with stuff in other games so i did it myself. Same as here for Steel Fury, No one had done a Jagdtiger and i love them so i did one Cheesy And yes, im a detail geek myself. I love details. And a good example there are also the Jagdtiger. And specially the Jagdpanzer, lots of smal details that probably no one will ever see or care about. But for me it is the whole thing haha Cheesy

So yes, i for one really appreciate your great work!

The real heroes are those that never came back.
Aces
Generalleutnant

« Reply #44 on: June 07, 2012, 03:06:32 PM »

Yes mate, I think that right, I think we are the same. I much admire the work that's been produced by yourself and others here, your Jagdtiger is simply "beautiful" if that's an appropriate word for the vehicle. I suppose actually that sums it all up doesn't it?, only a military history enthusiast would use that word in that context Smiley.  What I enjoy the most about military sims and their modding communities is that one gets to converse and occasionally meet with some very knowledgeable, helpful and talented folks who share a common interest (read obsession) Cheesy.

Now if someone could re-map the UV on all the infantry figures I could add a breast eagle. Something I would consider but quite a bit of work, thought for the future.

Cheers

Aces
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 03:08:55 PM by Aces » Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: