Graviteam
March 29, 2024, 09:50:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
  Print  
Author Topic: Whukid's Kursk Patch (released)  (Read 64342 times)
Littlebro
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2012, 12:42:34 PM »

Great work !!!
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2012, 01:37:57 PM »

Ah, I see! I will release a patch for that shortly. I personally hate modding the skin for russian tanks; I can't ever find the parts I need to edit  Huh? !

Anyways, thanks so much SF community for the support!

Just as a little source of laughter; the 1st patch has twice as many downloads as the mod itself.

Txema
Generalmajor

« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2012, 04:30:18 PM »

And now, for the release;

VERSION 1.0 [Final]
http://www.mediafire.com/?mxcxgifyd53q254

Install instructions are in the readme files.

Thanks to Aces for the 3D fixed Sdfkz 251 V2, and to Mistwalker for the Panzer IV H template.

ENJOY Grin

Whukid,

First of all, thank you very much for all your work on this very nice mod !!

Let me ask a quick question: is it necessary to install "Aces SdkFz251 3D Model, Crew and Texture Mod v2.rar" prior to your mod?

I am asking it because you are giving credits to it in your previous post...

Txema
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2012, 04:40:22 PM »

Nope Smiley It works just fine without it

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2012, 01:32:09 AM »

Whukid would it be possible to use some of your skins for the Tiger II???This poor tank is in dire need of new ones.The current one ain't bad but it could be better.
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2012, 01:43:53 AM »

Whukid would it be possible to use some of your skins for the Tiger II???This poor tank is in dire need of new ones.The current one ain't bad but it could be better.

mmm I can try. The problem with the Tiger II skin is that its tricolor scheme is impregnable unless I can get my hands on a multilayer template

whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2012, 04:48:02 AM »

Okay, I've decided to move the Russian tanks over to my next update "Summer Skins 1944". I hope to include a bunch of the later tanks, like Tiger 1, Tiger 2, Jagdpanther, Jagdtiger, T-44, and SU-152. It's by no means limited to those tanks, but they're most likely going to be included.

To Frinik, I'm slogging my way through creating a template for Tiger 2. I expect cookies.

Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2012, 05:35:00 AM »

Hi,

About the skin template. You could use '3D ripper' to extract the 3D model. From there, you could import the model into something like Blender (yes the famous Blender again  Smiley) which you could use to export the UV map into a tga or png image file. All the outlines and shapes will be drawn out for you.
Another good thing about Blender: you can use it to check which part of the skin goes where on the model.

Anyway, if you want to stick with Gimp,
The surest way to draw perfect circles:
Select ellipse (drag it into a circle shape, check the status bar for the dimensions) -> Choose 'Selection to path' -> In the 'Paths' tab use 'Stroke path' (either a solid colour or some other brush pattern).

« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 06:00:07 AM by Kyth » Logged

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2012, 10:44:36 AM »

Thanks Kyth! I have no clue how to use blender, but what the hell; I'll give it a shot.

Mistwalker
Oberst

« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2012, 11:07:36 AM »

Okay, I've decided to move the Russian tanks over to my next update "Summer Skins 1944". I hope to include a bunch of the later tanks, like Tiger 1, Tiger 2, Jagdpanther, Jagdtiger, T-44, and SU-152. It's by no means limited to those tanks, but they're most likely going to be included.
What do you want to change in SU-152 skin? IMO the newer version of the model is fine the way it is: http://www.sukhoi.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=52890&p=1809124&viewfull=1#post1809124

By the way, I have tiger 2 model, so I can supply you with both UV map and the model itself.
Just keep in mind that it's summer production model, so it should have zimmerit coating.

And don't forget to use late Tiger model for late skin.
I also have the texture without camo and zimmerit for it. Wink
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 11:12:58 AM by Mistwalker » Logged
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2012, 07:16:36 PM »

Thanks! I don't really have a set roster yet Tongue I also have no idea what schemes most of the German-Soviet tanks used in the summer of 1944. 'tis why god made google Wink

whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2012, 08:28:26 PM »

I'm compiling pictures for the Late War schemes, and so far this is what I've found. I decided that there are too few 1944-only paint schemes. Any thoughts?

Surprisingly, there aren't many color schemes to chose from. I might just end up picking from the selection that the "Theatre of War: Kursk" and "Theatre of War" have to offer.

kapulA
Oberst

« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2012, 08:54:36 PM »

Well, afaik the Germans never really had a standardised camouflage pattern, until Ambush in late 44 (an interesting custom skin for WoT which sums up the gist of it http://www1.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/2e8ed25b9d3166f859235c35f83811bd52480038ad29ea4ccc9f087dfdfd59ec6g.jpg). You are pretty much free to go wild with any tricolor camo patterns you find and think are nice, as it's all but impossible to prove that a certain tank crew in a certain theatre DIDN'T paint their tank that way. Smiley (that is, unless you want to go the extra mile and find specific colour camo schemes of tanks which were known to have served in the area of operations you'd like to depict, of course)
Imho, you should experiment with weathering, such as chipped and faded paint, scratches, mud & dirt in order to make your chosen camo patterns look even better. A good example of what I mean by weathering are Slayerknecht's custom CoH tank skins, which you can check out the ModDB page of his Arnhem 44 mod (my favourite is the King Tiger Cheesy ) :

http://www.moddb.com/mods/pegasus/images/jagdpanzer-iv#imagebox
http://www.moddb.com/mods/pegasus/images/sdkfz-250n#imagebox
http://www.moddb.com/mods/pegasus/images/panzer-v-variations#imagebox
http://www.moddb.com/mods/pegasus/images/panzer-iv-ausf-h#imagebox
http://www.moddb.com/mods/pegasus/images/henschel-knigstiger#imagebox

Edit:
And perhaps for even more variation, some low poly custom models of branches and bushels could be created, that could be attached to existing tank models, as was common in the later war period.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 08:59:29 PM by kapulA » Logged
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2012, 10:20:41 PM »

Thanks, but unfortunately those are all Western Front schemes Sad I don't believe they are interchangeable with the camo used in the East

kapulA
Oberst

« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2012, 10:33:17 PM »

But how can you discern the two if the actual camouflaging was done by the crews, using the same paints? Smiley
Or are you intent on creating skins of actual vehicles used on the Eastern front?
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2012, 10:47:12 PM »

But how can you discern the two if the actual camouflaging was done by the crews, using the same paints? Smiley
Or are you intent on creating skins of actual vehicles used on the Eastern front?

I personally have no dispositions Tongue I feel that not too many people would be interested if I were to create a bunch of Western Front skins, since they would be fighting the Russians

kapulA
Oberst

« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2012, 10:54:54 PM »

I would hardly mind, but if you'd prefer actual Ostfront refs, I'll see what I can dig up. Smiley
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2012, 11:22:52 PM »

I would hardly mind, but if you'd prefer actual Ostfront refs, I'll see what I can dig up. Smiley

If you could, that'd be much appreciated. Smiley

Mistwalker
Oberst

« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2012, 11:58:01 PM »

Just checked the patch myself.  Pz. 2 and APC's are great, Pz. 4 H, Pz. 3 and Marder are very good, except a few small UV mapping issues.
Pz IV F has some noticeable UV problems. And too much green color in my opinion.

The tanks below definitely need their new skins fixed or just removed completely - there isn't many changes those skins make after all.

Some UV maping problems:

Same here.

Late tiger suffered most of all - commander's cupola, ventilator, mortar hatch, turret ring, fire extinguisher, some small elements.
And what happened to the wheels?  Shocked
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 11:59:34 PM by Mistwalker » Logged
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #39 on: May 30, 2012, 12:15:04 AM »

I cannot my way around Russian tanks to save my life  Angry You'll also notice that the KV-1 doesn't have white paint on the gun mantle. I meant to get rid of them before uploading, but I was occupied by the Marder and Panzer IV H.

As for the Tiger, I merely renamed the beige "Tiger" skin to replace the other, mottled, skin. I didn't really touch it

Alas, these will be fixed! 

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
  Print  

Jump to: