Graviteam
April 25, 2024, 11:08:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
  Print  
Author Topic: Whukid's Kursk Patch (released)  (Read 64395 times)
Littlebro
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #80 on: June 01, 2012, 10:56:45 AM »

Littlebro
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #81 on: June 01, 2012, 11:01:41 AM »

Whukid if you need any reference material i have loads of pics and drawings for most tanks and spg's .

whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #82 on: June 01, 2012, 08:26:40 PM »

I need Tiger 2's, Jagdpanthers, and Panzer IV's Smiley Thanks for your guys' support and help!

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #83 on: June 02, 2012, 04:36:14 AM »

This isn't from the government. Those numbers above are the reports from war-time documents, which were marked as secret for a long time in USSR. So you have the reason to trust German documents - this is the same reason to trust the documents from the other side. If you don't - than you can't trust the documents from both sides for the same reason - it's fair to assume that propaganda editing worked for the both sides.   

As for me - when I have the reason not to trust to the reports about the numbers of the killed tanks from the both sides - I have no reason not to trust to the reports about the numbers of the lost tanks from the both sides during the war. That has nothing to do with the propaganda. The commanders need the numbers to calculate how much strength they have left in their disposal.

I agree with you Mistwalker; as far as I am concerned Soviet field or war records are as trustworthy as the Germans ones.The only hiatus is that field commanders very much aware of avoiding the ire of the Politruk or the equivalent on the German side would either leave out some casualties or tamper with the numbers to avoid being court martialled or worse or make themselves good for promotion. And by no means this was restricted to the Soviets and Germans .The so-called democracies practised selective stats as well or tampering with the truth. For example on 24th December 1944 a UBoot sunk the American transport ship Leopoldsville off the coast of France.Over 870 men of the 960 on board perished.Yet the US Army , afraid of negative public opinion and giving the Germans propaganda material, concealed the information and told the families of the victims that their loved ones had been reported missing on various battlefields.The truth was kept secret for over 40 years...So when ti comes to battlefield reports we always have to keep in mind that army bureaucrats and officers as well sometimes have good reason to inflate enemy casllaties and minimise their own...
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 04:43:39 AM by frinik » Logged
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #84 on: June 03, 2012, 02:22:20 AM »

To each his own Smiley

I bring gifts! These are all prototype skins. The Jtiger and Jpanzer IV are accurate; the Ferdinand fell victim to my imagination Tongue

FEEDBACK IS REQUIRED

Ferdinand

Jagdtiger

Jagdpanzer (this one's for Kyth)

Donken
Generalmajor

« Reply #85 on: June 03, 2012, 03:31:25 AM »

Nice work, The ferdinand is really a big step forward, the stock skin was just awful Cheesy

The real heroes are those that never came back.
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #86 on: June 03, 2012, 03:47:42 AM »

Well, it was supposed to look like this;

But I was like "you know, that ones' not much better. IMAGINATION, IGNITE" and went to town Smiley

Here's a Two Tone Tiger 2. I might add a third, Brown, layer to complete the tri-color scheme, however I kind've like this one Smiley

Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #87 on: June 03, 2012, 05:31:56 AM »

Hi,

Thanks, the Jpz IV already looks a thousand percent better  Smiley

A couple of things:

- I'd prefer if the Tiger 2 had the 3-colour camo,

- The pattern for the Elefant is good, but it might be more plausible on a Marder or Stug III.
The Ferdinand / Elefant historically had a stripey, net-like pattern with a single colour (there were only about 90 of them).
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 05:38:30 AM by Kyth » Logged

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
Mistwalker
Oberst

« Reply #88 on: June 03, 2012, 05:12:16 PM »

The Elefant from Aberdeen has a new paint, so the camo isn't historically correct. I have example references and will post them here.
The Tiger's II zimmerit is blurry and some bolts and elements are missing from the texture. The tank obviously needs new zimmerit applied. or no zimmerit at all.

For the other vehicles I'll try to give a feedback soon.

whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #89 on: June 03, 2012, 06:56:20 PM »

Hmmmmm, zimmerit might be a tough one.  Undecided It's really too bad these things didn't come with multilayer templates. Making them from scratch is a pain in the ass Tongue

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #90 on: June 04, 2012, 01:43:43 AM »

Whukid why don't you look at pics posted on youtube.There's one KT in the Saumur museum in France which is supposed to have accurate camo.It's actually one of the rare Kts till in running condition.There's another famous one exposed in La Gleize in Luxemburg which was abandoned by the Peiper kampfgruppe in December 1944. One problem though is that , of course, the camos changed depending on the season...
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #91 on: June 08, 2012, 03:00:07 PM »

I think the Zimmerit was the biggest concern for me going into the Tiger 2. Luckily for me, the compound was a paste that was put on the outside of tanks in 1944 and would harden. From what I gather, it had to be reapplied every few months or so because it would become worn and would no longer exhibit the ridges which were required to keep magnetic mines from sticking to the sides of the tank. Tanks with it on past the 1944 rescind order continued to use it without reapplying the paste, therefore making a "wear and tear" look much more likely for a late 1944-1945 era Tiger 2.

For those who disagree with my reasoning, feel free to edit it (i'll supply the rudimentary template)

As of right now importing models into SABOW has stalled. For the sake of my computer keyboard, I'll work on the late-war paint schemes alittle bit more today. I'd really like to get some schurtzen on the Stug III and Panzer III, but my 3d skills aren't up to the task.

EDIT:
my base Tiger 1 picture Smiley

« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 03:08:18 PM by whukid » Logged

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #92 on: June 08, 2012, 03:38:53 PM »

Whukid do you think it would be possible to import SABoW vehciles into Steel Fry?I mean since SF vehicles appear to be exportable to the other game why not the reverse?I know that Stone 2009 had modelled a T-62 for import into SF in order to make an Aghan mod.Unfortunately he dropped the plan over a year ago....
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #93 on: July 30, 2012, 03:38:02 AM »

Just as a little update;

Working on infantry uniforms right now Smiley

whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #94 on: July 30, 2012, 05:12:54 AM »

King Tiger and Sdfkz 251c Series (Notice the late war infantry uniforms. I have to finish the Machinegunner and the officer)

Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #95 on: July 30, 2012, 07:06:35 AM »

Nice job on the 3-colour Panzer IV camo!

By the way, are they historical? Can't remember seeing either of them, in my younger days  Grin

"Yes."
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #96 on: July 30, 2012, 10:06:44 AM »

My memory's not what it used to be,  Cheesy I can't recall ever painting my panzers with straight lines, something to refresh my memory, perhaps?

"Yes."
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #97 on: July 30, 2012, 02:34:02 PM »

I got it from this guy;

http://panzer100slopedarmor.blogspot.com/2011/06/panzer-iv-ausfj-eastern-front-1945.html

who got it from here

http://www.jumbliesmodels.com/model-military-vehicles-c2/forces-of-valor-german-panzer-iv-ausfj-eastern-front-1945-p1168

Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #98 on: July 30, 2012, 03:09:49 PM »

Ah yes, these historical moments are coming back to me now. Seems just like yesterday  Grin

"Yes."
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #99 on: July 30, 2012, 03:58:31 PM »

Next up, the Behemoth of all skins;

Panther ausf D

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
  Print  

Jump to: