Graviteam
April 26, 2024, 12:51:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: help with patch  (Read 7536 times)
budd
Major

« on: June 21, 2012, 04:09:47 AM »

Ok i have the gamersgate version. I had all the updates before todays installed. I have the add-ons but they weren't installed. All i did was download the 580 engine update from gamersgate and run the file. Game wont start, just get the window that the program has a problem and close program. I also downloaded the one from graviteam and the same thing. So i reinstall to base program, start it up, runs fine. I tried both ways...going right to the 580 engine update from the base program, no luck, program wont start. So i clean the whole program out uninstall everything, clean registry, disk scan, ect,ect,. Reinstall to base..runs fine...run 577 engine update..runs fine. run the 580 engine update and pretty much repeat as above..of course now it says there is missing files..look like direct x 9 files...mind you the directx installer and the runtime installer both installed fine and the game runs up until i try to update using the 580 engine update. so what gives... I reinstalled and am back to the base program, where should i go from here?
Any help appreciated.

budd
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2012, 04:35:43 AM »

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109

Make sure that is installed.....  New requirement of patch

Sounds like you have been installig the core update just fine.

You did not install the content part of it.  Graviteam patches often come (not always) in two parts.  You need the new patch (it is called may update.......yes it is june   Tongue).  That is installed via in game update utility.......under update tab. 

Yabba dabba do
budd
Major

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2012, 04:37:47 AM »

would that explain why the game wont start after the 580. I back at the base game..do i have to apply the 577 engine update or can i go right to the 580 engine update?
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2012, 04:40:49 AM »

Just 5.80..... and may patch (i hate calling it that). 

Optional stuff are the polygon update....the latest one.........silly gamersgate confussion patch list.   Tongue

Yabba dabba do
budd
Major

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2012, 04:42:47 AM »

i'll post back to tell you if it worked, im installing the directx now. Another question..do i need to install both district updates? or does the last one contain both. thx for your help.
budd
Major

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2012, 04:58:14 AM »

Games starts up.......Thank you for your help..great game. Haven't played yet but will get to it tomorrow. Thanks again.
Meteor2
Hauptmann

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2012, 06:05:07 AM »

This patching routines are a shame. I had the same problem with 580 update, and so I deinstalled, installed again and so on.
I am not finished until now getting the newest version runing.
The game is fantastic, but the patch system is the worst I have ever seen.
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2012, 07:26:07 AM »

i'll post back to tell you if it worked, im installing the directx now. Another question..do i need to install both district updates? or does the last one contain both. thx for your help.

Always install _only_ the last (but updater automatically remove previous version).

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Killjoy12
Hauptmann

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2012, 03:20:42 PM »

On the update installer screen, what is the proper order for the DLCs?   At the top or bottom of the list?   And does it matter which DLC is higher in the list?
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2012, 07:10:47 PM »

On the update installer screen, what is the proper order for the DLCs?   At the top or bottom of the list?   And does it matter which DLC is higher in the list?

Order is may be anything DLCs dont crossing by data.

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: