Graviteam
March 28, 2024, 10:59:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Hi, here's the new campaign for the Panzer 38(t)!  (Read 22279 times)
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« on: June 25, 2012, 01:19:19 PM »

Good evening!

I do have the tendency to keep my promises, and this is no exception! So without further ado, here's the Panzer 38(t) campaign! 10 missions of nail-biting suspense, to keep you on the edge of your seat, from start to finish!

Available from all reputable outlets:
http://www.4shared.com/rar/6eNyGJsH/KythCampaign2.html

Add this extra line to the 'camp_list.engcfg' file:
camp\KY2_camp.engcfg, werm_6, txt_cm_camp_werm_6, true, img_user7;

Other requirements:

i.  Steel Panzer Mod v1.5 (beta)
ii.  Ultimate Update
iii. Ultimate Update Patch (May)
iv. Unofficial Patch SF v0.1

Credits:
Missions 7 and 8 use the 'best_poly' map, from the 'Japan' mission by xream. One of the earliest and toughest user-made missions ever made for Steel Fury!

Installation instructions:

For a quick, hassle-free installation, use JSGME (Jonesoft Generic Mod Enabler). Extract the downloaded file, 'KythCampaign2.rar' to your MODS folder. The new mod should show up in the box, to be activated:

After that, add in the new entry to the 'camp_list.engcfg' file, for example:

camp_list()
{
camp\main_camp.engcfg, teach, txt_cm_camp_teach, false, img_t34;
camp\main_camp.engcfg, single, txt_cm_camp_single, false, img_single;
camp\main_camp.engcfg, rkka_1, txt_cm_camp_rkka_1, true, img_t34;
camp\main_camp.engcfg, rkka_2, txt_cm_camp_rkka_2, true, img_mk2;
camp\main_camp.engcfg, rkka_8, txt_cm_camp_rkka_8, true, img_teach;
camp\main_camp.engcfg, rkka_4, txt_cm_camp_rkka_4, true, img_user9;
camp\main_camp.engcfg, rkka_3, txt_cm_camp_rkka_3, true, img_user2;
camp\main_camp.engcfg, rkka_t60, txt_cm_camp_rkka_t60, true, ,;
camp\main_camp.engcfg, rkka_5, txt_cm_camp_rkka_5, true, ,;
camp\main_camp.engcfg, rkka_6, txt_cm_camp_rkka_6, true, ,;
camp\main_camp.engcfg, rkka_7, txt_cm_camp_rkka_7, true, ,;
camp\main_camp.engcfg, rkka_trophy, txt_cm_camp_rkka_trophy, false, ,;
camp\main_camp.engcfg, werm_1, txt_cm_camp_werm_1, true, img_pz4;
camp\main_camp.engcfg, werm_2, txt_cm_camp_werm_2, true, img_user10;
camp\main_camp.engcfg, werm_3, txt_cm_camp_werm_3, true, img_user1;
camp\main_camp.engcfg, werm_4, txt_cm_camp_werm_4, true, img_user11;
camp\main_camp.engcfg, werm_new, txt_cm_camp_werm_new, true, img_user8;
camp\main_camp.engcfg, werm_stug, txt_cm_camp_werm_stug, true, ,;
camp\main_camp.engcfg, rkka_9, txt_cm_camp_rkka_9, true, img_t34;
camp\final_camp.engcfg, cm_final, txt_cm_camp_final, false, img_single;
camp\prokho_camp.engcfg, prokho, txt_cm_camp_Prokho, true, img_t34;
camp\prokhower_camp.engcfg, prokhower, txt_cm_camp_Prokho1, true, img_pz4;
camp\bar_camp.engcfg, bar, txt_cm_camp_bar, true, img_pz4;
camp\KY_camp.engcfg, werm_5, txt_cm_camp_werm_5, true, img_user3;
camp\KY2_camp.engcfg, werm_6, txt_cm_camp_werm_6, true, img_user7;
camp\spm15nta13_camp.engcfg, mission_pack, txt_cm_camp_SPM15_NTA13, true, img_user5;
}

The 'camp_list.engcfg' file can be found here:

That's all! If you've done it right, just find the new campaign in your selection screen!

The campaign starts with Mission 1 (Cry Havoc!). The next missions will appear in
sequence, when you've completed the one before.

Good luck! You'll need it! Bye now!
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 01:51:37 AM by Kyth » Logged

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 01:56:01 PM »

Hip!Hip! Hurray! Unkythtionably a must have for Panzer  38(t) fans!!!! Grin
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2012, 02:28:35 AM »

Hi everyone,

Something to set the mood for the campaign:

"Yes."
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2012, 03:36:49 AM »

Good afternoon,

Remember, I'm standing by in case anyone needs assistance, or some timely problem-solving.

Good luck!

"Yes."
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2012, 12:59:27 PM »

A recent event that might inspire you !

I revisited the one of the missions, 'Fleas vs Gnats' and it seemed a little tougher than normal.  I took this to be a lack of practice in 'panzer skills' and toughed it out all the way to the triumphant end. But I took a little longer than I usually do.  My kill count for the mission was eleven, strange because my wingmen usually snatch most of my kills.  Grin  Odd, very odd.

Just by chance, I happened to glance at the difficulty settings some time later... it was set all the way to level 10! I had been testing the unit deployments in the Mission Editor, then I forgot to set it back to level 5! I had in fact exceeded my usual level of proficiency! without even trying!  Cheesy

The moral of the story (aside from patience and persistence) is that you shouldn't psyche yourself out with the perceived difficulty of the Panzer 38(t). Who knows, your abilities might surprise even yourself!

Please give the Panzer 38(t) campaign a try!  Cheesy

"Yes."
kapulA
Oberst

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2012, 02:35:43 PM »

Haha, in light of that event I shall, as soon as I get back to my gaming rig. I do recall always dying a stupid death to the last of the T-34s/KVs in the 2nd mission of your Pz III campaign and giving up in frustration - might even revisit those battlefields, if the 38 (t) proves to be too much of a tin shoebox Tongue
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 03:01:12 PM by kapulA » Logged
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2012, 02:53:08 PM »

Kyth I know no other than playing at balance 10 with experience factor set to max(4) for both sides.In the ME I always set exp and morale to 100%%%%%.It's the only way I know how to play SF. The problem with the Panzer 38(t) is the limited amount of shells available because at level 10 you face twice as many enemy tanks as at level 5...Those small Sov tanks can prove difficult to kill!!!!! Grin
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2012, 11:00:09 AM »

A bit of an intro for Mission 4 (Dawn's Early Fright):

We rumbled off again into the pre-dawn mist. Somewhere out there, we knew, the enemy was gathering his forces - we had to be one step ahead of them, in this deadly game of hide and seek!
Indeed, in a few minutes came word of a large contingent coming to greet us! We caught shadowy glimpses of enemy light tanks trundling forward, just beyond the hills ahead.  A rapid exchange of fire as the first few started poking their noses over the crest! Then more of them coming on, eerily lit by the flames of their recently dispatched comrades... It took a while to realise that some of us had also bought the farm...!
In the middle of the chaos, another urgent alert - the enemy had brought along their heavy tanks as a wake-up call for us... This battle would surely be our Rendezvous with Destiny.

And the rest, my friend, is up to you!  Cheesy

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2012, 11:47:36 AM »

Kyth , in addition to mission making you have the making of a writer!

Our panzers were tearing huge voids in the sheets of mist and drizzle that were wrapped around us in a ghostly embrace. Billows of fog were swirling around dark trees glistening with humidity. Our faces grim with determination and the primeval fear that our old Germanic forebears always felt for the brooding boreal forests, we surged forward finally seeking our Red foe determined to thrust our clinking armour into theirs. After all, were we not the spears of the Reich? in the distance, the first rattling sounds of machine gun fire followed by the cracking sounds of shells were heard.....

These improvised lines could be the intro to one of your fog and rainy missions. Grin
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2012, 06:52:26 AM »

Anyway,

Remember everyone, the introduction only sets the tone for the tale -
The middle and ending depend on your actions and tactics! This is your story, Get cracking!

"Yes."
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2012, 06:48:36 AM »

Another intro, this time for Mission 7 (Cliffhangers)

Our trusty old tanks clanked up the hill. Any number of antitank positions might be hiding in the scattered woods - our infantry were good to have around in this fight. Sudden chattering of machine-guns broke the tension - enemy spotted! The unwelcome crack of enemy guns added to the din... Our gunner helpfully lobbed a few HE rounds at their suspected locations.

And suddenly we were over the hill and barrelling down the other side! The tactical situation revealed itself like a tableau. Up ahead, our artillery was now wreaking havoc on the main defenses. Further off in the distance, enemy tank formations, heading up toward the sounds of battle! The terse command crackled over the headphones: "Panzers, forward!"

What happens next, is all in your hands.  Cheesy

"Yes."
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2012, 02:52:25 PM »

You should write a book, right after that kursk campaign  Roll Eyes (kidding)

Honestly though, the descriptions are a major reason I like your missions. I always feel like I'm in a story book Tongue

Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2012, 09:23:02 AM »

Hi everyone,

Something to keep you entertained - an 'intro' to Mission 5 (The Battle of Hellhole Hill).

The HE round from our 75mm gun arced through the air toward the intended target, a Soviet light tank that had ventured its way beyond the defensive trench lines. To our astonishment, the little T-26 brewed up almost immediately! Enemy infantry popped up sporadically in their trenches, to take pot-shots at our rag-tag assault force. Just as sporadically, we spewed our own bullets back their way. Suddenly, some of our assault guns broke out of the woods, literally rolling up and down the trench line. The Ivans took this as a good time to scamper off. A few more parting shots and the line was ours!

Our jubilation was cut short as our irascible commander came over the radio again: "Stop wasting time out there! Get up the hill where you're needed! Stop for nothing!"

A few minutes later we were clattering up the slope. Sounds of another full-scale battle started getting louder and clearer. A platoon of enemy heavy tanks had gotten themselves a good vantage point along the tree line, now they were busy dealing out death and destruction on our hapless troops below. But they hadn't spotted us creeping up through the trees - Not Yet...

Remember, it's a lot more fun to play through the entire thing and find out the ending!

"Yes."
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2012, 11:30:10 PM »

Kyth, I wrote a pm about this to you also.
Mission 2 has me baffled.  It tells me to capture the river crossing but even if I sit in the middle of the ford nothing happens until the mission ends in failure.  I must be missing something obvious.

Bring back 3D markers!
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2012, 03:52:24 AM »

Kyth, I wrote a pm about this to you also.
Mission 2 has me baffled.  It tells me to capture the river crossing but even if I sit in the middle of the ford nothing happens until the mission ends in failure.  I must be missing something obvious.

You'll need to eliminate the Soviet tank force. It won't do much good to plonk your tank in the river, when your opponents are still running around and contesting the area. 
Also, the only way to lose the battle is to leave them running around, Cheesy

In summary, it's a straight shoot-em-up scenario. There's no room to do an end-run, anyway the title of the mission is a major clue.  Wink 

"Yes."
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2012, 06:17:21 AM »

Now for the latest breaking news... The Panzer 38t campaign is still available for you to download and enjoy!
Here is something to inspire you further (a short intro to Mission 9, 'Encounter at Dzherkiybits'):

The trees provided good cover as we came down the road. Somewhere up ahead, we were to meet up with a flying column of our troopers. They had gotten the idea of putting themselves between the retreating enemy and their intended destination. Good principle strategically, but a little unsound tactically. As usual, we were to give them a much-needed booster shot of iron and save the day.

Rather suddenly it dawned on us - our friendly clanking noises were getting mixed in with unfriendly clanking noises from up the road! Sure enough, off in the distance, a dispirited column of tanks and infantry started pulling into view. We had arrived on the scene not a minute too soon!Just as surely, came the expected order: "Panzers forward! Close in with the enemy!"

Scattered puffs of smoke from the oncoming column, as some of them realised we weren't welcome company. The fight was on!

This is not the ending! It's not the beginning of the end either! But, I guess you could say its the end of the beginning.

For the end of the ending, please play the campaign through!  Wink

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2012, 05:02:41 PM »

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM Jerky Beef Bits Grin( Cute transformation.It's my fun; tring to figure out what you decided to humoristically change into a Russina sounding place name....

You are starting to sound like Obama running for re-election Grin
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 05:04:46 PM by frinik » Logged
kapulA
Oberst

« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2012, 06:20:19 PM »

Well, I finally got around to trying the first mission and myself and the loader were killed a minute into the mission by a 750-800m shot from a 76.2mm F-22. I'll give it some more shots later on, but I sincerely hope that the rest of missions won't have you dueling 76mm AT guns and/or T-34s and KVs in this little tin coffin. :p
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2012, 12:16:43 AM »

Well, I finally got around to trying the first mission and myself and the loader were killed a minute into the mission by a 750-800m shot from a 76.2mm F-22. I'll give it some more shots later on, but I sincerely hope that the rest of missions won't have you dueling 76mm AT guns and/or T-34s and KVs in this little tin coffin. :p

Don't worry, there's always a fair chance of fighting and surviving my missions.
A most unfortunate incident with the AT gun. Smiley
Stay on the alert and try not to take them on all by yourself,

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2012, 02:50:54 AM »

KapuA if it's any comfort to you I have played all Kyth's missions at balance 10 and prevailed( albeit sometimes after 6 or 7 tries Grin).My best score with the Panzer 38(t) is 11 tanks, 3 at guns and 54 infantries wiped out!!!! 8) Try aiming for the lower part of the enemy tanks below the driver.Often the shell will penetrate and lkill the entire crew.Otherwise aim for the side where the tracks are near the engine to hit the fuel tank or the engine( not guaranteed to work).Make sure also that the penetration value for the panzer 38(t) gun in the common res files is set at 0.79....
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: