Graviteam
March 28, 2024, 05:46:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: New Sand Camo Tiger  (Read 15361 times)
Wörghern
Oberstleutnant

« on: June 28, 2012, 03:04:52 PM »

Salut !

I just would like to show you some screenshots about a new textured model that I have realized. I'm sorry but I don't know who has modelized this awesome Tiger I Ausf. E and I would like simply give many thanks to him Wink

Comments are welcome ! Smiley

Et la suite....

Joch
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 03:09:33 PM by Jochem Hraback » Logged

Panzergranate Neun und Dreizig Geladen! Schuss!
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2012, 04:05:24 PM »

Not bad at all! I'm likin those Panzer IV's in the first picture Wink

kapulA
Oberst

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2012, 04:59:42 PM »

Very nice! The screens are a bit dark though, so I can't tell if the track segment on the front part of the hull is also painted Dunkelgelb? I'd prefer it to be the colour of the regular track if it's painted. Other than that minor remark, I really like the skin and would appreciate a download link in the near future Smiley
Wörghern
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2012, 05:52:46 PM »

Whukid Yeah, thank you for pz Iv course! Glad you enjoy it Smiley Tiger

You are right Kapula, the screen is a bit dark but I assure you that the track segment is left to its original aspect. Yes, I could release it and it will be the first of a long list of camo, I hope. I have to correct some little issues but I need to update the uvws to match with some details if the 3D creator would like authorize me to do it Wink

PS: Imagine that, step by step, I spent many hours, this week, day and night to reach this result without altering the uvws. It was really fastidious because I had to test each elements after elements...
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 05:56:45 PM by Jochem Hraback » Logged

kapulA
Oberst

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2012, 06:10:09 PM »

I don't see why any model creator would frown on somebody's updating their UVWs to better match custom skins. Smiley
And since you said you were planning to create more skins, I'd like to suggest one, if I may:

Supposed to be Wittmann's Tiger during Citadel, but I'd love to see such airbrushed camo on your yellow base paint, only brown. Smiley
It'd be nice as a replacement for the camo 'SS' Tiger, if we were to use this one as a replacement for the stock yellow Tiger.
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2012, 06:21:24 PM »

Very nice work Jochem! Wink
Littlebro
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2012, 07:13:01 PM »

I just love the worn used look and it has given me some idears for the late model tiger as the present one is a bit garish.
Boom
Oberleutnant

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2012, 10:26:44 PM »

I LIKE it! Smiley
Wörghern
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2012, 06:29:05 AM »

Thank you very much, guys, for your support. Kapula, you've got it ! My goal was to create a base with a neutral color to use it as a support for some camos. Otherwise, the uvws could be very helpful...I noticed some distortion of texel, an approximate pixel ratio, several objects with the same material and space unused. Sometimes the material does not correspond to the element...If I had those uvws, I could greatly improve the rendering of this very detailed model. So, I'm a little bit frustrated because I don't like to make half of something...I have some ideas to fix a few issues but some can not be, unfortunately ...

Of course, I could begin to create the Wittman's tiger. I like very much this idea. Otherwise, I haven't access to the screenshot that you are sharing. Are you talking about this one ?

BTW, have you noticed that I'm using FsAA with Nvidia Inspector 1.9.6.6 and ENb Series by Boris Vorontsov ? Fine rendering, isn't it ? Wink

« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 06:34:52 AM by Jochem Hraback » Logged

kapulA
Oberst

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2012, 10:05:21 AM »

Yes, that would pretty much be the same screen Jochem, although there are some minor differences. Smiley
Mistwalker
Oberst

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2012, 10:44:14 PM »

Comments are welcome !

Comments.  Grin  Just criticism on incorrect elements for now.

Something weird in the middle of a turret roof, left of the loader's hatch. Shouldn't be there.
Sightholes on commander's cupola are missing.
Edges on Feifel filters are missing.
Саp on the back of the roof between exhaust tubes is missing.
Texture elements on the back mudguards are missing.
20-ton jack has a weird texture.
Too rusty. German tank paint is well known for the corrosion resistance.
Overall - the older model with some incorrect elements is used for texturing.

Also bump a little too intense in my opinion. Smiley

Wörghern
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2012, 10:53:57 PM »

...screens update ! Hope you'll like it !

@Mistwalker

Something weird in the middle of a turret roof, left of the loader's hatch. Shouldn't be there.
yes, but it is used with the lights UVWs in the front ^^;
Sightholes on commander's cupola are missing.
Yes, but I have no control to the UVWs ^^;
Edges on Feifel filters are missing.
Саp on the back of the roof between exhaust tubes is missing.
Texture elements on the back mudguards are missing.
Yes, but I have no control to the 3D model
20-ton jack has a weird texture.
Too rusty. German tank paint is well known for the corrosion resistance.
This model is not only rusted but impacted here and here. Remember that this is just a base with a maximum of detail. Maximum I can do, we are perfectly right at this point...And rusted material is fun, isn't it ? Imagine your old rusted Tiger, all alone, crippled, drilled, dented, twisted ! The last one in the battlefield ! LOL Wink
Overall - the older model with some incorrect elements is used for texturing.
Lets' go ! Wink

Yeah, the model is not perfect, but with a limited control to the files, it is not really easy to make what you want. As I said in previous posts, I wish I had access to these files to realize a Tiger "royal". Unfortunately, UVWS are not really optimized. So I did my best. Of course, I love to do a perfect tiling, adjust the texture according to the correct pixel ratio, observe the deformation of the texel, optimizing the space, but unfortunately I do with what I have. Finally, I have not the control to the 3D model. Hope you will forgive our modest contribution to the game. Remember that we did all this for free without help and we try to do our best to share our work with those who appreciate. I personally find this Tiger model very closed compared to some games, said, professionals. I therefore wholeheartedly thanks the person who had the courage, time and will to realize the Tiger tee. Again, thank you to him. Thanks for your interest.

Regards,

Joch
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 11:28:34 PM by Jochem Hraback » Logged

Donken
Generalmajor

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2012, 11:25:39 PM »

You have based your texture on the tigerss.go? The "standard" tiger.go have a cleaner/better uvwmap i think, atleast it looks like that when i compare the tigerss in the object editor and the tiger:s uvw map in 3dsmax (i dont have tigerss .max file)

And yes we do like it Cheesy Keep on rocking!
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 11:28:17 PM by Donken » Logged

The real heroes are those that never came back.
Wörghern
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2012, 11:37:06 PM »

Hey Donken, did you tell me that you have the 3DS files of the Tiger.go ? Grin

Ok, I heard you....If you're ALL telling me that the other Tiger is better...I'll consider it and I will refocus my work on this model. 8)

Thanks for the support Donken Wink

Donken
Generalmajor

« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2012, 12:00:15 AM »

Hey Donken, did you tell me that you have the 3DS files of the Tiger.go ? Grin

Haha, yes i have, but its not mine. I only got it to see how a fully scripted and finished model looked like in 3dsmax Cheesy So i need permission to give it to you Tongue

And yes i think the other model is alot better to make a texture of, alot less pain in the ass so to speak Cheesy

The real heroes are those that never came back.
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2012, 02:07:15 AM »

It's a matter of puzzlement why there's the 'tiger' and 'tigerss' in the game as different models.  Roll Eyes It's not like there was a different variant for SS units, 

Not to mention all the other 'captured tigers' and 'crewless tigers' wrecks to clutter up the battlefield.  Sad

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2012, 11:51:05 AM »

Me too i am puzzled. It seems ot me it would have been simpler to propose the SS Tiger camo as an alternative camo to apply to the original Tiger I's ugly striped grey skin.... Likewise we have more variants of the Panzer 38(t) than when actually made in reality( I am exaggerating I know  Grin) and a plethora of Jagdpanther models which is odd since only 427 units were produced.

We have up to 3 Panther ausf A trophy tank on the Soviet side but max only one available without infantry on the German side. As far as the captured Soviets tanks are concerned on the German side we only have the T34/76, no KVs, T-26, Bts, T-60 s or 70 s etc.

We have 3 M-10 Panther G Ersatz tank which was produced for the Ardennes Offensive ( only 6 or 7 were made) but no version of the Tiger II with the so-called Porsche turret although 50 were produced. Likewise we have no StugIII Gs with infantry in the Mixed units.. I am not criticising just wondering about some of the choices made.

We also have several British planes that were never used nor loaned to the Soviets in the ME?Huh??
Mistwalker
Oberst

« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2012, 02:12:25 PM »

Yes, but I have no control to the UVWs

You at least could try to rip the model with 3DRipper and check UV layout. Wink

Yeah, the model is not perfect, but with a limited control to the files, it is not really easy to make what you want. As I said in previous posts, I wish I had access to these files to realize a Tiger "royal".

I can supply you with the latest model in .max forman if you need. Grin

It's a matter of puzzlement why there's the 'tiger' and 'tigerss' in the game as different models.

Here's the answer.  Grin
Back in the old times one of the modders borrowed my tiger model,  created his own texture and UV mapping for it and called this model "Tiger SS".

When I've looked at the result - it was like "meh".  Undecided   UV mapping inaccurate, some elements missing.
Since that time I did countless updates to the stock tiger model, to make it more historically accurate and better looking, and also created a late Tiger model.
But I didn't care about so-called "Tiger SS" model because of the reason mentioned above.  And so we have old model for "Tiger SS" and heavily updated Tiger and late Tiger models.

I am not criticising just wondering about some of the choices made.

Because many people were working on many small mods and vehicles and they were creating what they liked. It was hard enough already to make something working and playable out of this mess. Smiley
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 02:23:32 PM by Mistwalker » Logged
Wörghern
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2012, 02:52:30 PM »

Hey Mistwalker ! You are the designer of this model ! Thousands thanks for that !Why not to say it earlier ?  Cheesy

The better is you have to send me the tigerss.go with the corrected missing parts, corrected uvws, a blueprint from the UVWs and I'll do the rest Wink

The goal is not to completely change the order of uvws but simply avoid duplicated materials, avoid materials used several times without logic, add the missing parts and fill the blanks. And, finally, we'll say that this version of Tiger will be complete and compliant. If you want, we work on it together. What do you think about it ?

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2012, 02:56:27 PM »

The late Tiger is a beauty, not only the model but the tricolour camo as well! Wellk done Mist it's one of my favourite models!!! Smiley
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: