Graviteam
March 19, 2024, 08:57:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: To replace QB default units  (Read 19840 times)
JMass
Oberleutnant

« on: June 30, 2012, 12:11:17 AM »

Is it possibile to replace default units in a Quick Battle to have for example a PzKpfw IV F2 platoon instead of the PzKpfw III L one?
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2012, 01:21:19 AM »

Yes.  Unpack tabs packfile with unflat.  Find quick battle......run cfg2pd on it.  Change the bugger how you want.  Run pd2cfg.  Then set up mkflat and flatted the bugger......need just quick battle for this.  Then either the sloppy way repack everything in tabs you unpacked and replace the original OR the clean way and make an addpack file and run as a mod. 

Yabba dabba do
randall.flagg
Major

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2012, 01:28:57 AM »

OR the clean way and make an addpack file and run as a mod. 

Hows that done?
JMass
Oberleutnant

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2012, 02:13:19 AM »

Yes.  Unpack tabs packfile with unflat.  Find quick battle......run cfg2pd on it.  Change the bugger how you want.  Run pd2cfg.  Then set up mkflat and flatted the bugger......need just quick battle for this.  Then either the sloppy way repack everything in tabs you unpacked and replace the original OR the clean way and make an addpack file and run as a mod. 

Thanks, I am reading some files after to have converted them to text... so I could create a mod with more tank platoons, one for every tank model, to have more choice when building QB...
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2012, 07:41:25 AM »

YES easily done.  Hardest part is setting up the mkflat cmd as noone has used windows cmd and bat file types since the 90's in gamer circles.

Yabba dabba do
JMass
Oberleutnant

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2012, 11:10:56 AM »

Thank Flashburn, I did the job, I added two new panzer platoons. I lost some time because I did not know that files in dev_updates\shared\packed_data\ supercedes shared\packed_data ones. Now I must understand how to edit tank names and sprite to have a nice mod.
Redmarkus4
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2012, 12:51:28 PM »

Thank Flashburn, I did the job, I added two new panzer platoons. I lost some time because I did not know that files in dev_updates\shared\packed_data\ supercedes shared\packed_data ones. Now I must understand how to edit tank names and sprite to have a nice mod.

Is that a QB Mod then?  Are you planning to share it with the non-technical guys like me? Wink
JMass
Oberleutnant

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2012, 01:13:58 PM »

Is that a QB Mod then?  Are you planning to share it with the non-technical guys like me? Wink

I am just scratching the (hard) surface, if I will have the skill and the time to build a (small) QB mod I will share it with everybody as usual!  Wink
Redmarkus4
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2012, 05:50:03 PM »

Excellent - can't wait!

Didn't you make some great Close Combat mods several years ago?  Or was it Combat Mission?

Sorry - I haven't played either for a long time.
JMass
Oberleutnant

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2012, 06:23:35 PM »

Didn't you make some great Close Combat mods several years ago?  Or was it Combat Mission?

No, I did a lot of mods but not for CC or CM.
Schuck
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2012, 07:16:16 PM »

Hey Guys,
If your Modding files/making mods,
Do you know, or could you make a mod to turn of the "blue halo" around selected units, and also to turn off enemy contacts on the tactical map.
Its a pity these are not options in the games settings.
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2012, 08:30:33 PM »

I left click on mouse button to get rid of blue halo,if halo still persists around selelected unit ,than I deselect the unit by clicking on it again on the unit button.Than left click mouse button again.
JMass
Oberleutnant

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2012, 01:41:58 AM »

I am testing the first version of my mod, I added all the German tanks, SPG and AT guns (no SS for now) to the Quick Battles Platoon List, I found some small issues so I must work on it a bit more. It is possible to install it with the Game Updater.
JMass
Oberleutnant

« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2012, 02:24:31 AM »

The first version is ready, to download it the link is:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1613330/jmass_qb_mod_v1.0.zip

to install it (only English version games) unzip it and run the update utility.

Note: the command tank of the PzKpfw IVG early platoon is a IVF2 because if I set it as wer_pz4ge_com the game load an infantry unit... Huh?
Redmarkus4
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2012, 08:39:55 AM »

Excellent - thanks.  Downloading now.

It's great to see some heavy weight modders coming to the game.  This is what drives interest and keeps games alive long term.
Redmarkus4
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2012, 02:54:38 PM »

Hi JMass.

I loaded up the mod and it looks great, except for one thing.

I am testing 581 (small tool bars) and once I add your mod all of the tool bars revert to the large size.  Not sure why that is, but I tried it several times and as soon as I add the mod - great big tool bars come back immediately with no other changes.

So, bottom line, you'll be wanting to examine this before 581 gets released, I guess.

Cheers.
JMass
Oberleutnant

« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2012, 03:18:03 PM »

So, bottom line, you'll be wanting to examine this before 581 gets released, I guess.

Packet datas contain also other files so I think that I should update my mod every time a new patch will be released.
I found a small issue, Pz IIIN platoons have the same problem as Pz IVG early ones, so in the next version I will set a Pz IIIL as command tank, I will add Pz II platoons with only five Pz II and no Pz III and new units to all the German formations.
Redmarkus4
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2012, 06:31:01 PM »

Great.

Would also be interesting to have some semi-historical combined ops 'campaigns' on the existing maps that allow us to test our strategies while accessing a richer set of units.
JMass
Oberleutnant

« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2012, 02:06:55 AM »

New version 101 of my mod, the link is the same

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1613330/jmass_qb_mod_v1.0.zip
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2012, 05:56:54 AM »

NICE!  just saw this.   Grin

Yabba dabba do
Pages: [1] 2
  Print