Graviteam
March 28, 2024, 10:44:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Any info on Achtung Panzer: Nomonhan?  (Read 26200 times)
TacKLed
Oberleutnant

« on: June 30, 2012, 04:59:39 AM »

The only info I got was from the Graviteam site and was basically copied and pasted from the other sections. Is any info info at all for it yet? And is this considered an expansion or a sequel?
Bayonet
Hauptmann

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2012, 11:11:58 AM »

Yes, it's coming soon!

Tongue  Sorry, just a little joke (very little) to add posts to a question I think many have.
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2012, 12:25:19 PM »

http://www.sukhoi.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=71177&p=1856641&viewfull=1#post1856641

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Redmarkus4
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2012, 12:45:49 PM »

Nice pics, but when I translate the text to English with my browser I get sentences like this one: "And of course danced hopak just looks great ... What is clear is shorter, as always you have all zashibis".  LOL

Any ideas about the release date?  I will buy Smiley
wodin
Generalleutnant

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2012, 01:32:34 PM »

This is too niche for me I'm afraid. Seems to be more for a Russian audience. I really have to have an interest to some degree or knowledge of a War.
JMass
Oberleutnant

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2012, 01:57:52 PM »

But Japanese tanks are very cool  Wink
TacKLed
Oberleutnant

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2012, 02:24:00 PM »

This is too niche for me I'm afraid. Seems to be more for a Russian audience. I really have to have an interest to some degree or knowledge of a War.

Really..... it will have the Achtung Panzer gameplay so why discourage them from releasing it on the Western Market? Plus, the Battle of Khalkhin Gol is pretty interesting and if you dont know about it, read more about it. This is one of the reasons why I like Steel Armor because I can learn about new wars and what happen and how big the battles were.
Missouri_Rebel
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2012, 05:04:02 PM »

It will be a first day pick up for this Westerner for sure. I love the idea of out of the ordinary battles.

Of course I'd also like to see some Western Front games. Eventually we might see the chocolate eaters in Achtung Panzer I would hope.
Redmarkus4
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2012, 06:27:35 PM »

One of the larger tank battles in history, I believe?  And commanded by Zhukov, to entirely relevant to the later WW2 experience...
hamrock
Major

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2012, 07:29:04 PM »

Looks really interesting.  I take it is is a seperate game?  can anyone confirm this?  I will invest in this/ Smiley
Redmarkus4
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2012, 09:08:19 PM »

Yes, I believe it's a new game - the next generation on the AP series.  So, not a DLC, in other words.
Schweppes
Oberleutnant

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2012, 09:17:23 PM »

I thought this would be a tanksimulator, not so?
Void
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2012, 09:20:10 PM »

No. same as APOS.

Schweppes
Oberleutnant

« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2012, 09:29:57 PM »

No. same as APOS.

Damn thought for sure it was ment to be a successor to Steel Fury Huh?
wodin
Generalleutnant

« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2012, 12:02:49 AM »

Really..... it will have the Achtung Panzer gameplay so why discourage them from releasing it on the Western Market? Plus, the Battle of Khalkhin Gol is pretty interesting and if you dont know about it, read more about it. This is one of the reasons why I like Steel Armor because I can learn about new wars and what happen and how big the battles were.

Not trying to put them off, I'm sure they are aware it wont be as big a seller as APOS. My obsessions lie with WW1 and WW2 (West front WW1, East front WW2). I have a slight interest recently for Ancient warfare. When younger obsessed with Vietnam. Mild interest in Korean War aswell.

As for trying it out, well I have abit of an interest in WW2 West front, however on the whole even if I love the series like Combat mission I barely ever play it as the front\campaign holds only a little interest.

I'd only buy East front titles with regards to this engine. Any other front or war I'd probably barely play it. Learnt my lesson with CMBN, love the game engine, bored of the theater so it hardly gets played. Also with the recent announcements over at battlefront and the prospect of future east front titles here my tactical wargaming needs have been met for awhile.

I am surprised they are bringing out in the West as even the much requested Steel fury add on never made it...are you listening Graviteam...however I'm pleased they are making games covering lesser known battles. Just not for me at all. I have difficulty reading about any war let alone one I have zero interest in. However thats something I've been struggling with fr awhile. Just can't get into reading these days.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 12:07:08 AM by wodin » Logged
TacKLed
Oberleutnant

« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2012, 01:13:45 AM »

Not trying to put them off, I'm sure they are aware it wont be as big a seller as APOS. My obsessions lie with WW1 and WW2 (West front WW1, East front WW2). I have a slight interest recently for Ancient warfare. When younger obsessed with Vietnam. Mild interest in Korean War aswell.

As for trying it out, well I have abit of an interest in WW2 West front, however on the whole even if I love the series like Combat mission I barely ever play it as the front\campaign holds only a little interest.

I'd only buy East front titles with regards to this engine. Any other front or war I'd probably barely play it. Learnt my lesson with CMBN, love the game engine, bored of the theater so it hardly gets played. Also with the recent announcements over at battlefront and the prospect of future east front titles here my tactical wargaming needs have been met for awhile.

I am surprised they are bringing out in the West as even the much requested Steel fury add on never made it...are you listening Graviteam...however I'm pleased they are making games covering lesser known battles. Just not for me at all. I have difficulty reading about any war let alone one I have zero interest in. However thats something I've been struggling with fr awhile. Just can't get into reading these days.

I havent played Steel Fury, but Im pretty sure Steel Armor is a sequel to that but just not WWII so maybe they will release another Steel series game set during WWII after this game.
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2012, 05:47:18 AM »

Theres was talk early on about maybe making a tank sim out of it as well.  Who knows.  I don't know......running over stuff in a t26 would be fun.   Tongue

Nomonhan was actually a really intersting battle.  Don't short change it simply because its not ww2.  A know a certain Soviet general that got his start here.  Everything later was pretty much based on what he did here.  Actually I would put it squarly in WW2.  After this japan really did not want to deal with the Soviets and squarely turned their attention to the pacific.  The far eastern Red Army got blooded and a couple years later stood a MUCH better chance when they went up against the Germans...and even went on the offensive for a bit.  Then again I would also put the Winter War in WW2 as well.  The Spanish civil war was like the coming attractions of WW2. 

With Stalin being a fruit cake purge guy being way way away from the flag pole is where any good high ranking officer that did not want to be in a shallow grave somewhere would want to be.  Lucky for the Soviets that certain someone was out of sight, out of mind.  Now who am I talking about?   Tongue

Yabba dabba do
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2012, 05:53:54 AM »

I havent played Steel Fury, but Im pretty sure Steel Armor is a sequel to that but just not WWII so maybe they will release another Steel series game set during WWII after this game.

Steel Fury, which is quite good and IMO still holding up well is quite basic compared where APOS and SABOW are now.  Still a freaken great sim however.  In a few ways I think it is better than SABOW.  You can stall the engine out as a driver and is actually quite fun to drive around with manual transmission on in the settings.  SAbow I bet could do it but alot of those really neat little things got removed.  AND you can still stall a tank or AFV with an automatic transmission.  It certainly is not your car.   Tongue

Yabba dabba do
hamrock
Major

« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2012, 08:20:12 AM »

Good news, not a tank sim, that's a relief.  From what I can make out from the Russian site Night Postman is doing the infantry uniforms, even better news.  This will make a change from all the alternatives and although I am a firm fan of battlefront but their latest news kind of left me flat with oh no not again.

Graviteam go from strengh to strengh and I wish them well in the future, more interesting battles like Nomonhan I say. Smiley
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2012, 08:51:07 AM »

Good news, not a tank sim, that's a relief.  From what I can make out from the Russian site Night Postman is doing the infantry uniforms, even better news.  This will make a change from all the alternatives and although I am a firm fan of battlefront but their latest news kind of left me flat with oh no not again.

Graviteam go from strengh to strengh and I wish them well in the future, more interesting battles like Nomonhan I say. Smiley

Are you refering to that wierd ww3 thing?  Come now!  Its the newest fad in gaming industry!  Future uber silly soldier guys N stuff.  Boy oh boy will people be disappointed in 10 years when everyone is still running around with the same stuff and everything status que....I hope.  modern warfare is vary quick and vary lethal if 2 powers are using same up to date tech.  NOT FUN!

Yabba dabba do
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: