Graviteam
March 28, 2024, 04:01:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Any info on Achtung Panzer: Nomonhan?  (Read 26197 times)
wodin
Generalleutnant

« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2012, 09:50:35 AM »

Flashman, actually funny enough I was never into modern warfare..yet I actually missed all the toys when I started playing CMBN after buying CMSF on a whim, I enjoyed that much I bough the Marines and Brit module, the Brit module being superb as it evened up the forces more.. So I'm looking forward to shock force 2. Also it isn't going future tech and there is nothing sci fi about shock force 1 either, it's based on 2001 military hardware if I remember correctly. SF 2 I believe is set either around now or the cold war not sure. Anyway again nothing Sci Fi about it.

The Shock Force Inf fighting was more exciting than the Normandy fighting. The armour is way more cat and mouse and nerve racking. Also all the great vehicles to play around with.

Thankfully Shock Force 2 will be more equal in terms of combatants and I can't wait. That with the Italy game and the East front game out in the next year is great news. No matter how good APOS is it's an RTS and alot of the action goes unnoticed, that for me is the beauty of CM and WEGO.
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2012, 10:53:21 AM »

Heck I liked SF too.......but I am a bit confussed that this US vs Russian or whatever deal.  IF it where cold war I would be all over that, but hmmmm near future war thing has me going what!?  Should just end 34 minutes after the fisrt shot with glowing marshmellows or something.  ANd ya.....I will more than likly pick it up damnit.  But Ill be grumbling..   Tongue

Yabba dabba do
BigJ62
Oberleutnant

« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2012, 12:15:45 PM »

I actually find CMBN to be more lethal than SF, maybe it is the lack of body armor.

Home Built (air cooled)
MB : Asus P6T Deluxe
CPU : Intel i7 980x
Memory : 12 GiB
Video : Nvidia GTX 580 x 2
Audio : on board sound - Sound Max 5.1
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2012, 12:42:52 PM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battles_of_Khalkhin_Gol  READ that..... Grin

FINE it was Zhukov.........freaken Georgy Zhukov.......ya that guy.  I swore the Soviets had t26's there but according to wikipedia it was bt5 and bt7's. 

Yabba dabba do
TacKLed
Oberleutnant

« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2012, 01:28:02 PM »

If i want to get into the Combat Mission series, which one should I get or should I wait? I tried CMSF but the UI was terrible and the tutorial was non-existent.
BigJ62
Oberleutnant

« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2012, 02:05:58 PM »

If i want to get into the Combat Mission series, which one should I get or should I wait? I tried CMSF but the UI was terrible and the tutorial was non-existent.

They have a demo for each one.

Home Built (air cooled)
MB : Asus P6T Deluxe
CPU : Intel i7 980x
Memory : 12 GiB
Video : Nvidia GTX 580 x 2
Audio : on board sound - Sound Max 5.1
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2012, 02:11:22 PM »

I swore the Soviets had t26's there but according to wikipedia it was bt5 and bt7's. 

Main tank for this battle is BT-5. T-26s are used in final stage to were cleaned when surrounded Japanese forces (this stage will not be in the game). Also used flame-throwing tanks KhT-26 based on the T-26 chasiss. BT-7 have been used quite a bit.
And most importantly, Soviet tanks with the Japanese have never met. That is, tank vs tank battles will not be  Grin.

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
TacKLed
Oberleutnant

« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2012, 02:29:54 PM »

And most importantly, Soviet tanks with the Japanese have never met. That is, tank vs tank battles will not be  Grin.

Hmmm, Im a little confused on what this means.
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2012, 02:35:06 PM »

Ah.......the two sides tanks never met in battle historically.  So there will not be tank on tank fighting in game.  How bout B10 vs tanks?   Tongue

Yabba dabba do
TacKLed
Oberleutnant

« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2012, 02:52:10 PM »

Ah.......the two sides tanks never met in battle historically.  So there will not be tank on tank fighting in game.  How bout B10 vs tanks?   Tongue

I wonder what this means for the game. The AP series is more or less a RTS tank/armor sim with infantry IMO and it is renown for its tank simulation. It even has tank in the name lol so I dont know how this will play into the game. Does this mean that infantry combat is getting a massive overhaul?
wodin
Generalleutnant

« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2012, 08:16:07 PM »

Heck I liked SF too.......but I am a bit confussed that this US vs Russian or whatever deal.  IF it where cold war I would be all over that, but hmmmm near future war thing has me going what!?  Should just end 34 minutes after the fisrt shot with glowing marshmellows or something.  ANd ya.....I will more than likly pick it up damnit.  But Ill be grumbling..   Tongue

I imagine it will be based on known military hardware. Also just as likely for a Nuke War in the near future with this conflict as during the Cold War. Infact NATO during the Cold War really relied on Tac Nukes. The Russians on conventional overwhelming firepower before anyone can react.

Remember Shock Force was near future aswell when released. hey still only used known hardware or hardware that is due out. Thats their policy. So they will go the same path. I do know they are against using weapons that haven't been made yet. As Is aid they did the same with Shock Force.
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2012, 12:25:02 AM »

Well I did find 1 referance to a type97 or whatever getting blown to bits by a bunch of bt7's.

Yabba dabba do
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: