Graviteam
March 29, 2024, 03:34:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Thanks frinik!  (Read 5300 times)
Littlebro
Oberstleutnant

« on: June 30, 2012, 12:58:45 PM »

I would like to give frinik a big thanks for his help in adjusting platoon size,i now have 5 unit platoons on the german side and now just have to edit my missions .
hemisent
Oberst

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2012, 02:16:54 PM »

Frinik, along with a number of others, has been a mainstay of help and assistance here for me since I started coming here.
Wörghern
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2012, 02:23:17 PM »

+1  Wink

Panzergranate Neun und Dreizig Geladen! Schuss!
kapulA
Oberst

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2012, 02:58:13 PM »

Would you perchance consider releasing them as a mod for those of us who would like to play with historical platoon sizes? Smiley
If it's not too complicated to edit the code, perhaps someone, or even I, once I get back home, could edit the Russian platoon sizes for greater historical accuracy as well, if it proves necessary?

Edit: And, of course, I am also very grateful to frinik, Kyth et al. who have proven to be such a great force in keep Steel Fury's modding scene alive. Smiley
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2012, 03:00:10 PM »

Thanks you guys! Cheesy That's what this forum is; a home for friends and fans.Everybody here is helpful and friendly unlike others fora I have been to! Besdies there are other guys who have provided tremendous assistance Mr.Kyth figuring prominently. Not to forget you guys who have made missions and mods for SF.

Jochem btw I love your Tiger skins and your schemes mod is wonderful;.It brought colours back to some of the camos.Share it with everybody it's worth it! 8)
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2012, 08:50:57 AM »

Cheesy

Thanks everybody, and keep plugging away!

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
Mistwalker
Oberst

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2012, 11:12:29 PM »

Would you perchance consider releasing them as a mod for those of us who would like to play with historical platoon sizes? Smiley
If it's not too complicated to edit the code, perhaps someone, or even I, once I get back home, could edit the Russian platoon sizes for greater historical accuracy as well, if it proves necessary?

Russian platoon sizes are already correct. The problem with five unit platoon for the Germans is that it can affect the balance of the existing missions, so I've just created some additional platoons.
kapulA
Oberst

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2012, 08:47:59 AM »

Since we're on the subject - I recall seeing 5 halftrack PGren platoons - afaik, their platoons were always organized in 3 HTs + the platoon leader's vehicle with the 37mm; are you positive a 5 HT platoon ever existed? :/
Mistwalker
Oberst

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2012, 08:01:56 PM »

Since we're on the subject - I recall seeing 5 halftrack PGren platoons - afaik, their platoons were always organized in 3 HTs + the platoon leader's vehicle with the 37mm; are you positive a 5 HT platoon ever existed? :/

I'm not sure, but I've checked Graviteam's Operation Star game. It's pretty accurate historically and they also have 5 HT motorized platoon there.
kapulA
Oberst

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2012, 08:24:57 PM »

Hmm, that's odd. I recall checking bayonetstrength several times, which is usually pretty reliable, but they had 42 or 43 organization tables at the earliest. Maybe they used an earlier organization table for Op. Star... Would appreciate it if anyone had any concrete info on the matter.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: