Graviteam
April 25, 2024, 11:35:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need help to adding mods.  (Read 4417 times)
triumphbike
Oberleutnant

« on: October 31, 2012, 11:46:12 AM »

Hi, I'm not entirely new to this game but I'm new to adding mods. Im not so good with computer and these things and I would need help with how to install mods!

I got no clue how to do it. But I downloaded a few, "ultimate update patch", "ultimate update", an autumn mod and something else I dont know what it is..

The thing is, I would really need some explanation for me to understand how to do it. I got the game, and it runs. I would love to play an improved modded version of this game, so I would be very greateful if someone could help a noob like me Wink

Thanks anyway.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 11:54:35 AM by lockie » Logged
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2012, 12:05:34 PM »

I'd like to suggest u to pick up any missions by Kyth and u'll get the whole and detailed explanation how to install the mission or mod.
In short:
1. d/l utility JSGME and install it.
http://www.4shared.com/rar/HskQAOgE/v_231_-_2_November_2009.html
2. Place desired mod or mission in the folder:
...\Steel Fury - Kharkov 1942\MODS\
3. Enable it.
4. Usually, add a specific entry to the file:
...\Steel Fury - Kharkov 1942\data\k42\loc_rus\levels\levels\camp\user_camp.engcfg
5. Start the game->User missions->select installed mission

Provocative signature removed
triumphbike
Oberleutnant

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2012, 05:17:28 PM »

Thank you for the help. Theres a few things I still dont understand.

What do you mean with enable it? And adding the entry to the file, what do you mean I should do?
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2012, 07:08:54 PM »

What do you mean with enable it? And adding the entry to the file, what do you mean I should do?
D/l mission i.e. Defend the Fatherland and u'll see Wink

Provocative signature removed
triumphbike
Oberleutnant

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2012, 08:37:01 PM »

D/l mission i.e. Defend the Fatherland and u'll see Wink

I feel so helpless... I cant find a download link anywhere. So you mean if I download this I also get a tutorial of some sort? Becouse thats what I need. But as I said, ive never added files and such things I dont know ANYTHING about it. All the explanations are beyond my skill lol
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2012, 11:15:30 PM »

Triumphbike, to enable the mods or missions you need to have the JSGME in your game. Do youhave it? It's a generic mods enabler.If you don't have it just google and you ll find lots of websites where you can download and install the latest version into your game main folder. It's a free program.Once you have the JSGME you can enable any mods/mission that you have in your MODs folder.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 11:49:16 PM by frinik » Logged
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2012, 01:26:00 AM »

Thank you for the help. Theres a few things I still dont understand.

There's a detailed explanation about all this in the thread here (it is a sticky):

http://graviteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=10102.0

Good luck,

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: