Graviteam
April 19, 2024, 06:39:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Panther G mid production [Released, Page1]  (Read 34958 times)
Donken
Generalmajor

« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2012, 06:05:59 PM »

I think the Ausf G had a thicker mantlet than the A and D model as well?

Off topic, Donken is there any chance you could eventually make a variant of your Jagdpanzer IV with the L43 or 48 gun with a muzzle brake( I know crews would remove it because it created too much smoke when firing)Huh??

Yes and no about the mantlet. Its not thicker only a little different shape to make it deflect shots upward/forward instead of down to the front roof. But its still "only" 100mm thick, both variants.

And about the Jagdpanzer i will try to do that. But im kind of busy with lots of other stuff atm and also starting to work on the Jagdpanzer again is way down in the list Cheesy So bear with me some more months and maybe Wink

The real heroes are those that never came back.
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2012, 09:29:51 PM »

Panther G first!!!!! I wonder if you could give it the lovely striped camo pattern that the forbidden model had?Huh? Roll Eyes
Littlebro
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2012, 09:39:45 PM »

If the camo was done as a layer it would be easyer to make diffrent camo's ie  winter etc.
Littlebro
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2012, 02:05:17 PM »

Found a good pdf file on this site http://www.rctankregiment.com/rctankforum/viewtopic.php?p=25141
Panther_Ausf_G_Camouflage_Article_El_Mito hope this is of some help.
Littlebro
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2012, 12:31:54 AM »

Hi just been going through some photos of mine and i noticed that there is a kind of guard on the turret roof reaching over the rear edge of the mantlet,is this a common feature and what was it for?
I am guessing it was to prevent shrapnel etc jamming the guns elevation.
You can see it in theses pics.

I have also seen this feature modeled in world of tanks panther models.
Donken
Generalmajor

« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2012, 08:54:32 AM »

Hi just been going through some photos of mine and i noticed that there is a kind of guard on the turret roof reaching over the rear edge of the mantlet,is this a common feature and what was it for?
I am guessing it was to prevent shrapnel etc jamming the guns elevation.
You can see it in theses pics.
I have also seen this feature modeled in world of tanks panther models.

Its a rainguard, you have the same on the drivers sight Cheesy They had problems for sometime that the gunners optic got wet and cloudy inside when it was raining Cheesy

Littlebro
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2012, 10:35:00 AM »

Thanks for the info always did wonder what it was for  Grin
Donken
Generalmajor

« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2012, 07:52:13 PM »

And this beauty is released =)
Bugg reports here please Cheesy

Littlebro
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2012, 07:56:16 PM »

Downloading it now ,thanks mate  Grin
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2012, 02:25:35 AM »

Splendid, good work!

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2012, 02:38:27 AM »

Yeah! Donken is the man! Cheesy
murkz
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2012, 06:21:19 AM »

Congratulations Donken on the Panther G release Smiley a welcome addition to Steel Fury.

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2012, 06:23:19 AM »

Installed and battle-tested the new G model and it works fine without bugs!

A couple of questions:

Why does it still have the Panzergranate 40 tungsten rounds which were phased out for all German tanks in 1943 due to a shortage a the metal??/The remaining rounds were kept for the PaK crews is my understanding?

The shell complement of 75 rounds is not correct according to all the articles I have read.The complement varied for the G from 81 to 85 rounds roughly divided equally between Pzrgranate 39/42 and HE.For the Ausf A and D it's 79?Huh?

Why is the armour_str only 1950????Even for the T34/76 it's 2000???Is it to reflect the deteriorating quality of German armour starting in mid 1944????It seems ot me it would have been better to lower the armour_qual value or increase the armour_frail value instead?Huh?

I had a little in-house problem??? I had already used Littlebro's nice camo for the D model( the original beige and gold skin was not to my taste)  and ended-up having to reshuffle all the camos to avoid confusion betwen the models.... Grin

The new Ausf. G compares very well to the " prohibited " G model which I have since the Panther-Hetzer mod.Althoughh I admit being very keen on the older G 's skin which was very nice too!Excellent work from all those who worked on it in particular SpaetPanzer Meister Donken!
Donken
Generalmajor

« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2012, 01:02:14 PM »

Thank you all Cheesy

And frinik, im ashamed, i totally forgot about the ammo loadout, funny thing i changed ammo hitboxes to the G version but forgot the config file Shocked I will fix that for the next update if there is gonna be one, good find none the less.
About armor strength i didnt change it either, its the same as the other panther. and when i was testing it the armor is pretty good already, i easily survived 20 shots from t34/85s on the front so i didnt feel like change it Wink

And with the texture, i didnt have so much to choose from and Littlebro:s texture was fitting as a "hand in the glove" and it was also the only one besides the stock texture that had a quality i wanted =)

But everyone feel free to make your own textures and post. The more the better!

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2012, 01:26:49 PM »

The odd thing is when I checked the M10 Ersatz Panther G's tech_cfg I found out that the armour_strength was at 2100????I promptly put it back to 2000. My arm_strength values for the D model is at 2000 and I never tampered with it????Still it's lovely model and I like Littlebro 's skins but not twice on 2 different models so I kept it for your G model and I simply put the A model skin on the D and the default D on the A....Ooof what an alphabet soup....
Donken
Generalmajor

« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2012, 04:31:23 PM »

that is quite odd, looks like i did another misstake xD
I am pretty shure i used one of the panther configs and just changed a few names on a few parts and that was all xD But looks like i took another file ^^ good find anyway, will make that on the todo list for it Tongue

lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2012, 09:11:16 PM »

Congratulations! Tank looks excellent! Though I think there's mistake in gunsight description. Current is unbreakable (false).

Provocative signature removed
Donken
Generalmajor

« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2012, 09:19:53 PM »

you remember the problem i talked about with you lockie? that the sight didnt follow the gun, i changed from false to true and it worked! so it must have been the opposite of what you meant to me on the phone Cheesy but everyone should take a look thou and see if the sight is fixed, it should be, test to aim and change range etc in the game and then report back! =)

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2012, 05:39:30 AM »

I did Donken .I used and adjusted the sight and it works well!

Hi Lockie! It's been a while since we read a post from you on the forum! Wink
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #39 on: October 05, 2012, 12:54:29 PM »

Two notes abt PzVG
1. wrong speed with electro traverse. Should be like this:
head1, db_head,      db_mask,      180, 180,  20, 8,   20, 10, 30, 0;
head2, s_mgun_head,   d_mgun_mask,   10, 10,    10, 10,   30, 10, 0, 0;
2. Gunsight damaging.
tzf12_a,tzf12ae,tzf12be,,......1.8,true,false,0,0,-24;
There's also a question as for armor_qual, armor_str. I think the weakness was applied for the balance, to give a chance for T-70 to shoot a panther Cheesy

Hi Lockie! It's been a while since we read a post from you on the forum! Wink
Hi. I was temporally out of the game Wink

Provocative signature removed
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: