Graviteam
April 20, 2024, 10:44:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Whukid's Late War skins (1944-1945)  (Read 13858 times)
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« on: August 01, 2012, 04:56:14 PM »

Hello Steel Fury community!

I present, Whukid's Late War skins for Germany (1944-1945)

DOWNLOAD:
http://www.mediafire.com/?1l8gncdne17j3zv

INSTRUCTIONS:

Install via JSGME, or otherwise after creating a backup.

README:
This is a pretty straightforward mod. It edits the asthetic appearance of the in-game vehicles to fit within the 1944-1945 time period. Some skins aren't completely historical, however, in my opinion, look twice as good as the previous skin. If you would prefer not to use, say, the tiger 2 skin, or you have a better one you like using, simply go into the techn/tanks/heavy folder (or the vehicle/soldier's folder that you want to delete) and delete the Tiger 2's skin. MAKE SURE YOU DO IT IN THE 'MODS' FOLDER AND NOT IN THE GAME FOLDER!!!!!!!!! Re-enable after editing.

If you would like to expand upon the skins I have uploaded, PM me and I'll get you the multi-layer GIMP file for easy editing. Feel free to use them for any project, just don't forget to mention me in the credits Grin

Here are a few screenshots, incase you haven't been following the recent progress in the Kursk Skins thread;

PANZER IV AUSF. F2/F1

PANZER IV AUSF. H

TIGER 1

TIGER 2

SDKFZ. 251

PANTHER AUSF. D

FERDINAND

JAGDTIGER

JAGDPANZER IV

INFANTRY (switched to Waffen SS camo)

(I know you can't really see it well. it's hard to get a decent screenshot of the infantry when they're getting shot at Tongue )

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2012, 05:48:15 PM »

Outstanding wpork Whukid! But you are creating dilemmas for me.I love both you bicolour and tricolour Tiger II skins.On the other hand I much prefer your previous Panzer IV H (tricolour with spots) to the latest one....All your camos are real improvements!A huge thank you! Grin
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2012, 08:37:24 PM »

Thanks Frinik! I think next I'm going to try doing that winter skins mod for lockie's winter mod

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2012, 11:32:07 PM »

You'll have to email me again the common res files for SABoW I can't find them.I want to work on the tweaks you've asked me...Please email it to me again...
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2012, 03:09:03 AM »

You'll have to email me again the common res files for SABoW I can't find them.I want to work on the tweaks you've asked me...Please email it to me again...

It's all good. Steel Armor is getting on my nerves for now. I can't for the life of me figure out how to get different insignia's in game.

Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2012, 04:19:29 AM »

It's all good. Steel Armor is getting on my nerves for now. I can't for the life of me figure out how to get different insignia's in game.

If you could post your config changes (on the other forum) we might have a better chance of cracking it,

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2012, 12:17:19 PM »

Whukid do you think you could do something about the Soviet Trophy Tiger?I have the default skins( the striped grey and black which is ugly).Likewise the Trophy Panther skin is terrible....
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2012, 01:46:57 PM »

I was never a fan of the trophy tanks, but I'll look into it Smiley

As for the config files, I'm not sure it'll do any good, but okay!

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2012, 02:35:03 PM »

In the meantime I have applied the creamy yellow camo to the Trophy Tigers . Since it is highly unlikely that the Sovs ever used captured Tigers anyway it will be difficult to find what kind of paint they actually used on one....
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2012, 03:33:28 PM »

from what I understand, they were generally blown up instead of captured

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2012, 09:37:25 PM »

True but on a couple of occasions in late 1943 and early 1944 the Soviets managed to captured freshly arrived Tiers that were still on a train that arrived from Germany.As the war turned increasingly into a rout for the Germans they would not always have time or be inclined to destroy their material.However the Tigers were way too complicated and difficult to maintain for the generally less sophisticated Sov tank crews thus thye 'be towed to be used for testing or simply as war booty in parades.
Mistwalker
Oberst

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2012, 09:26:11 PM »

True but on a couple of occasions in late 1943 and early 1944 the Soviets managed to captured freshly arrived Tiers that were still on a train that arrived from Germany.As the war turned increasingly into a rout for the Germans they would not always have time or be inclined to destroy their material.However the Tigers were way too complicated and difficult to maintain for the generally less sophisticated Sov tank crews thus thye 'be towed to be used for testing or simply as war booty in parades.

They were using captured Tigers in combat too. In regular regiments. There was even the case when in July 1944 during Lvov offensive one of the Tigers from 506 Heavy Tank Battalion was destroyed by the trophy Tiger.
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2012, 11:22:56 PM »

Interesting???Do you have link to that story.I'd love to read the narration.Do you have anmy idea whether they would keep the original camo of the captured Tiger and simply paint a Red Star over the Black Crosses or would they actually give them a new paint job?Huh?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: