Graviteam
April 19, 2024, 11:22:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A.I. invincible uber soldiers now?  (Read 4059 times)
fmj
Oberleutnant

« on: August 14, 2012, 09:55:35 PM »

Finally fully updated with latest patches and DLC.

Switching from 5.77 to current game seems like weird changes. Actually feels like the A.I. is cheating now. Playing volokonovka as grmns vs. russ a.i. in first campaign, which I played numerous times before. Now the russ a.i. uses artillery pieces as if they are self propelled guns, towing them (on foot) ahead of the infantry at warp speed, infantry attacks in banzai wave charges, their artillery drops instantaneously with pinpoint accuracy, all my marders are wiped out (and halftracks) in record time.

Not too psyched on the changes, will try several more times but I'm wondering what happened to the a.i. now to make them seem invincible?

I have 3 marders, artillery spotter in halftrack, mortars and large troop numbers all waiting in cover with co-ordinated cross fire, and they're being decimated by wild bands of banzai infantry with artillery pieces hand towed leading the pack and pinpoint instant artillery. Actually watched russian infantry run through their own barrage nearly unscathed and continue attacking fwd against troops defending behind cover with clears fields of fire. Something feels broken and fucked up now. Anyone else having this happen? Will report back after a few more tries but am seriously considering reverting back to 5.77 and old user interface. 
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2012, 01:10:47 AM »

I don't play the campaign battles much(I use the 5.80 version),but I find the AI to be quite brain dead on the attack when playing quick battles 90% of the time.I've tried setting them to veteran status and giving them a high morale setting in options,yet they insist on taking a direct route(even if over open ground) to assault my defenses.My artillery has a field day against them,usually resulting in the AI requesting a cease fire shortly there after.Even when I give the AI mortar platoons and Artillery observers to help in their attacks,they very rarely use them.I don't find the AI very challenging in the attack when I'm defending during quick battles,but they do a fairly credible job in the defense.I would like to see the AI use more cover and concealment during its assaults,and utilize it's artillery assets more during quick battles on the attack.Also,they don't seem to utilize off board assets or indirect fire very much during the defense either in quick battles.
fmj
Oberleutnant

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2012, 03:31:47 AM »

I've only played the campaigns, and have had fun vs. the a.i. up til now (5.8 patch). Similar to your comments the a.i. put up a pretty good defense and decent enough attacks, and if I screwed up I could take substantial losses. Now they feel ubered up to a point of cheating.

I just replayed the same battle again. Russians had 4 arty observers, one battery of 76.2 arty guns with another observer, an 45mm a.t. gun, and loads of infantry including mortars and heavy mgs. ANY time my troops fired a round, or moved on the map, or my marders/halftracks/mortars moved or opened up as well, they were ALL subjected to insta arty fire with incredible accuracy. Results- 2 marders destroyed (by one 76.2 gun that scooted around the map like an spg), one marder heavily damaged, halftrack observer and mortar team both destroyed, most of my troops destroyed. I was able to pull a "victory" but it seemed more gamey than a sim.

The goofiest part was the one 76.2 arty gun was pushed fwd by its team on one side of the map where it got one hit on one of my marders, it was then pushed across the other side of the map where it got 2 hits on another marder, then it was making a speed assault pushed by 3 soldiers farther across the map trying to capture a flag where I finally took it out with small arms fire while it was being pushed like an assault weapon to the flag. WTF?

This is a totally fresh install, reinstalled the dlc from gamersgate, fully updated patch. Will continue to play more but this new uber a.i. with heavy arty guns being whisked around the map and banzai raging troops assaulting through heavy ground and arty fire against good defense positions is kinda fuxed up. 

RoseLinda
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2012, 11:47:39 AM »

Even I don't play the campaign battles that much its kind a head eating game while playing some of the battles,yeah even I don't find the AI very challenging in the attack while defending during quick battles,its getting kins off boring now,please suggest any of the other battles.
Thailand Vacation
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: