Graviteam
March 28, 2024, 11:36:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Newby here, What's Steel fury?  (Read 18092 times)
Stratos
Oberleutnant

« on: September 09, 2012, 09:09:11 AM »

I discovered this page after someone pointed the SimHq users to here saying is the best WW2 ATM. Wondering what the games have to offer in terms of playable tanks and playable theatres, and If is easy to create your own missions. I discovered a mod that let you plat the Pz 38 tank, I will really enjoy this one, but what are the enemies I will encounter? T34's?
Hope someone can add some light to this.

Thanks.
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2012, 11:12:18 AM »

Hi Stratos, it's probably my post that you read on SimHq.

To give you a short answer, Steel Fury is currently the WWII Tank sim that offers the bets variety of tanks and armour for single player missions either user-made or those part of the game ( campaigns and single missions).

Currently you can play:

-T34/76( models 1940-41)
-T34/42
-T34/57
- T34/85
- KV1/S/e(3 diff models)
- Mathilda land lease tank,
- Valentine landlease tank
- Sherman M4A3-76 ( both Sov and US crews)
- Panther ausf A Trophy
- Tiger I Trophy
- KV-85
- KV-2
- JS-2 both 1943 and 1944(late) models
-  Panzer IV F2 Trophy
- Mark III Churchill
- Ba64
- BT5
- T-38
- T-26
- T-35
- T28e
- T-60
- T-70
- SU-76
- SU-85
-SU-122
-SU-152
-SU-100
Captured Jagdpanther, Stug III C/D and Panzerjaeger I on Soviet side as well...

On the German side:

Several SKfz(250/251/232) are playable.

Panzer II C
Panzer III J( short and long 50mm) & N
Panzer IVF1/F2/Ausf. H
Panther Ausf A/D/G and Ersatz M10
Tiger I both early and late models
Tiger II
T34/7 Beutepanzer
Panzer 38(t) Ausf C, D ,G
Panzerjaeger I
Jadgpanzer IV L70
Jadgpanther( early and late models)
Jagdtiger
Marder II ( 2 variants)
Marder III
Brummbaer
Ferdinand/Elefant
Hetzer
Stug III C/D, F( early and late models), G( 3 models early, Saukopf and Zimmerit)
Panzer II Luchs( 2 variants)

Those are playable models with new ones being constantly added.
Inaddition in the Mission Editor you'll find lost of guns ( Zis2/3, 42mm,57mm, 76mm, 85 mm, 122mm mortars( 82/120 mm), Flak36, German 75mm, 105 mm, Pak 35/36/38/40, Flakpanzer and vehciles such as jeep Willys, Kubelwagen, BMW12, Opel and Zis trucks and  many aircrafts Stuka, BF-109, FW-90, Il-2, Mosquito, He-111 and a couple more Soviet or British bombers( all non playable).

VUreently the game is using mod Beta 1.5 combined with the Ultimate mod.There are easily 150 to 200 user-made missions. The Mission Editor is faily user friendly but you need to read .I advise you to read the stickies as much as possible.I know it's a pain but there's no substitute ofr learnign about the game, the mods and all the good stuff!

Cheers.
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2012, 11:45:22 AM »

As a footnote, the Panzer 38t campaign pits you against such well-known tanks as the T-26, T-60 and KV-1.  Wink
You are given stalwart support by Panzer II, Panzer IV and StuG III.

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
Stratos
Oberleutnant

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2012, 01:22:49 PM »

WOW!! Simply wow! So many tanks!! I think I will get the game and will try to create some missions on my own. A real shame we can't see more american/polish/french tanks, that would be great!
murkz
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2012, 01:38:10 PM »

Excellent list frinik and well worth putting on simhq Smiley

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2012, 01:42:34 PM »

A couple of guys were working on US and British tanks incluidng the Crusader, the Grant or the Lee and the M-26 or M29 but there haven't been news on their side for a while.It's an East Front sim created by Russians/Ukrainians and the maps , while nice, contain veyr few buildings that can be used as West Front themes.There are about 4 or 5 desert maps though.

one word of caution; most of tanks/Spgs do not have interiors modded.Only about 8 or 9 models so far including the Panzer III generously crafted by Meister Kyth! But guys like Kyth, Rends, Donken, Whukid, Littlebro, Lajcak ( new models, missions, maps, skins, weather) on the Western side not to mention our pioneer Russian/Ukrainian colleagues like Stone 2009, Deviator, Lockie, Mistwalker ,X ream who are also doing gigantic work wiht new mods, models, maps and missions. What you have is a very dynamic and thriving sim supported by a very dynamic and active community of fans with guys like Panzerfaust and Jochem offering staltwart support on several fora!
Stratos
Oberleutnant

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2012, 01:44:42 PM »

What's the meaning of "no interior"? I need to play those tanks in third person view? Is not possible to use generic interior for them?

Also If I understand it correctly, there's a in game mission editor. Is possible using this mission editor to edit the maps adding more houses/train stations,big buildings to a village so it looks more like a small town?

I'm cheking the game and I'm really impressed. But what are the differences with SF: Kharkov 1943? Which game should I get, and where? (the cheapeast place please).
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 01:51:16 PM by Stratos » Logged
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2012, 01:51:16 PM »

No it  does not mena you have to play in third person , you cna play it from the inside but most of tnak don't have the various crew positions modded.You can drive the tank but you won't see the inside of the driver's position as you can in TvsT for example  .All you see is the view outside the driver's window.Likewise you can see through the commander's peepholes or the gunner's gunsight but you won't see the interior of the tank with all the details...Except for models like the T34s, KV1s, Panzer III, etc...

SF Kharkov is made by the same company, Graviteam,  but is not a sim.It's an RTS of the type of Codename Panzers, Soldiers Heroes of WWII, Company of Heroes, Men of war, Theatre of war etc... Very well made but you cannot play any vehicle as you would in a sim....
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 05:26:12 PM by frinik » Logged
Stratos
Oberleutnant

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2012, 01:54:55 PM »

Great news, I can live without 3d interiors If I can play in first person view (specially for gunner and tank commander), I think I will love to command the "small tanks" like the Pz38, the PZII, the T26... specially If I can create my own missions making them fight against similar category tanks.
I will get the game, but where can I found it? I'm a european player If that is important.

Also If I understand it correctly, there's a in game mission editor. Is possible using this mission editor to edit the maps adding more houses/train stations,big buildings to a village so it looks more like a small town? If not, are the maps varied enough? There are snow maps?
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 01:59:14 PM by Stratos » Logged
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2012, 02:02:42 PM »

There are 28 stock maps some with mountains, forests, rivers, lakes etc In addition modders have created about an equal number of new maps including 4 desert maps. I have 53 in my various installations...The buildings you can add through the ME are limited although have imporved, plane hangars, windmills, bridges but not yet of the urban type you are eager to find.Donken is working on urban buildings but is having a hard time putting thme into the game.There are various seasonal mods mostly create dby Lajcak which either give you early spring, early autumn, late autumn, winter no snow and there's a Winter Beta III mod with snow and ice and finally a scorching summer mod made by KapulA.All these mods are enabled through the JSGME. As I said try reading the various stickies goingg bakc a few months and you 'll see lots of info and screenshots and download links!

As for purchasing the game that'sait of a problem.I bought my copy 4 years ago.Since then, Lighthouse Interactive, the Western distributor of this game and TvsT, went belly up back in 2009.I think you can still buy copies form Amazon UK and Germany.Try Googling that the best I can offer.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 02:05:44 PM by frinik » Logged
Stratos
Oberleutnant

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2012, 02:07:21 PM »

I will like to play with some Izbas, simply want to have small towns (with a few more than 4 izbas) If they are not included.

Just found the game on Gamersgate at 20 euros, will search a bit more in order to see If I can find it cheaper somewhere else.
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2012, 03:15:30 PM »

20 euros?Huh???Wow! If I remember correctly I paid the equivalent of 10 euros back then.... Mind you the game is worth it unlike some of the other games I paid much more for and did not get my money worth!
Panzerfaust
Generalmajor

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2012, 04:24:48 PM »

SFK42 varies in price but it does go on sale from time to time at Gamersgate (have seen it a low as $9.99 USD on sale there). But even at its higer cost right now it's still a great buy, strong community, lots of mods.
Cheers
Stratos
Oberleutnant

« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2012, 08:38:07 AM »

Got the game and I'm currently downloading it. Where I should start to have my game up to date?
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2012, 10:31:33 AM »

Ok first thing you need to do is to download and install Steel Panzer Mod Beta 1.5 which came out in September 2010:

1) download link to Beta 1.5( NTA1.4) ;http://tanksim.org.ru/modules/wfdownloads/singlefile.php?cid=15&lid=146

ONCE YOU'VE done just read what's below( download and install both the latest Ultimate Mod release( dated June 2012 ) and the patch ( English language);
Link:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?bschn7dl49gok4shttp://www.gamefront.com/files/21331726/SPM1.5_ultimate_update_v1.1(ENG).rar

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?bschn7dl49gok4s

Installation order:

1.Unofficial patch_SF_v0.1_(ENG)
2. SPM 1.5 beta
3. SPM 1.5 ultimate update
4. SPM 1.5 ultimate update patch
5. Some sound mod or autumn mod if you like

No need for anything else, except for missions. In this case installation order should be:

1.Unofficial patch_SF_v0.1_(ENG)
2. SPM 1.5 beta
3. <mission of your choise like Rends' Barbarossa>
4. SPM 1.5 ultimate update
5. SPM 1.5 ultimate update patch
6. Some sound mod or autumn mod

IMPORTANT!!!  Steel sound mod collection sound mod is not compatible with this update if you install this sound mod the last. It's an exception and shoud be installed the first in the list.

There are read me docs that come with all mods .

Make sure you don't install your game in the C: drive whetehr you have Vista or Win 7 on your pc.It's bets to partition your hard disk and install your games on one of the new partitions.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 10:34:54 AM by frinik » Logged
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2012, 04:22:14 PM »

Well actually it's ok to put it on the C drive.  Just don't put it in C:Program Files or C:Program Files (.86).  I put it in C:Games, for example and it is fine.

Bring back 3D markers!
Stratos
Oberleutnant

« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2012, 08:06:27 PM »

The Beta 1.5, is not available trough Mediafire. File invalid or deleted says Mediafire.
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2012, 12:53:31 AM »

The Beta 1.5, is not available trough Mediafire. File invalid or deleted says Mediafire.

Some helpful fellow hosted SPM 1.5 on a backup download site, I wonder who it was?

http://www.4shared.com/file/mpfv8bAy/Steel_Panzer_Mod_v15_beta.html

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2012, 02:08:15 AM »

Stratos did you try the download link I posted for you???Casue I tried an dit works for me.Anyway it's not through Mediafire but Fileshare....

BTW I am posting this download page where you can find quite a few mods, missions and other tools for SF, T72 Balkans on Fire, TvsT and some Graviteam RTS.

http://tanksim.org.ru/modules/wfdownloads/singlefile.php?cid=15&lid=121
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 03:00:07 AM by frinik » Logged
Stratos
Oberleutnant

« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2012, 07:36:45 AM »

Only thing I miss is this.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?bschn7dl49gok4shttp://www.gamefront.com/files/21331726/SPM1.5_ultimate_update_v1.1(ENG).rar

Can't download from there. Also the mission editor is inside the game or a outside aplication?
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: