Graviteam
April 20, 2024, 04:53:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Simple mission for newby?  (Read 37453 times)
Lunar
Hauptmann

« on: October 01, 2012, 02:51:21 AM »

Hi there!
A newby is here trying to play this beautiful Steel Fury game.
It looks like that what I am trying to do is not really working...
I want to play the game in a simple manner by mainly fighting the enemies by myself (more of like a FPS type game). I am not so much interested right now in commanding the troops or my crew. Just drive, aim and shoot at other tanks (I know, that I have to aply strategy and I do that).
Can I for a starter...
1. Change settings within a game to make my tank unharmed (the options I used so far did not help).
2. Download a missions to fit this concept?
3. Use Editor to create a simple "one tank vs enemy" missions (the editor file by the way, is missing from the game...)?

Thank you for any help!
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2012, 12:39:05 PM »

Hi,

1. Did you try the 'Invulnerability' option? Does it work?

2. This mission may fit the bill: http://graviteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=10102.msg22050#msg22050

3. Here's one way of creating the shortcut to the Mission editor: http://graviteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=1547.msg3415#msg3415
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 12:44:21 PM by Kyth » Logged

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
Lunar
Hauptmann

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2012, 01:44:00 AM »

Thank you Kyth for reply.
I will deffenately try this mission tonight.
As far as editor goes, I did the manual shortcut link but it does nothing (with several different options). The "shell" file looks too small to me to be a programm (may be I am wrong, not a computer expert...)
I have Windows 7 (did move the game from Program files-86 as suggested by others). May be that's  the culprit?
The sim was downloaded from Amazon and I am not sure if the developer made the software "lighter" for easy upload and removed the editors program. In any case it should just have an Editor button in the menu like in many other games and sims, in my opinion.
I do have all latest "ultimate" upgrades, patches and 1.5 version of the game, so the game is patched and up todate.
Deffenately wish to try create missions on my own. Unfortunately can't...
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2012, 01:53:08 AM »

I also downloaded it from amazon. Graviteam just made it difficult to access the editor, so it might take you a few tries Smiley

Lunar
Hauptmann

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2012, 04:15:56 AM »

Just installed the "Alone and against all odds" mission. I don't see it in the game menu even after copying the line from the "readme" file according the "note". What am I doing wrong?...
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2012, 04:17:25 AM »

Just installed the "Alone and against all odds" mission. I don't see it in the game menu even after copying the line from the "readme" file according the "note". What am I doing wrong?...

Did you enable via JSGME?

Lunar
Hauptmann

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2012, 04:30:23 AM »

Yes. Tried different ways. Do I "copy/paste" the line from readme file and delete everything else in "user-camp.encfg"?  Sorry, never done it before.
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2012, 04:32:39 AM »

Yes. Tried different ways. Do I "copy/paste" the line from readme file and delete everything else in "user-camp.encfg"?  Sorry, never done it before.

Could you show us what's in your 'user_camp.engcfg' file?

"Yes."
Lunar
Hauptmann

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2012, 04:46:24 AM »

This is whats now in the "camp" file (it has no extension config in it)...

igor_japan, igor_japan, 1, 0, xream_01_back_t02.jpg, txt_ldm_igor_japan_cit_01, 3, txt_ldm_igor_japan_hist_intro, new_mission_01_hist_map, levels\levels\cm_users\igor_japan.level;//Graviteam mission create system ver. 0.1

user1()
{

igor_japan, igor_japan, 1, 0, xream_01_back_t02.jpg, txt_ldm_igor_japan_cit_01, 3, txt_ldm_igor_japan_hist_intro, new_mission_01_hist_map, levels\levels\cm_users\igor_japan.level;
} //end of user1

Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2012, 05:05:22 AM »

This is whats now in the "camp" file (it has no extension config in it)...

igor_japan, igor_japan, 1, 0, xream_01_back_t02.jpg, txt_ldm_igor_japan_cit_01, 3, txt_ldm_igor_japan_hist_intro, new_mission_01_hist_map, levels\levels\cm_users\igor_japan.level;//Graviteam mission create system ver. 0.1

user1()
{

igor_japan, igor_japan, 1, 0, xream_01_back_t02.jpg, txt_ldm_igor_japan_cit_01, 3, txt_ldm_igor_japan_hist_intro, new_mission_01_hist_map, levels\levels\cm_users\igor_japan.level;
} //end of user1

1. Enable viewing of extensions in Windows' 'Folder options":

2. Make sure you have 2 files: user_camp.engcfg and user_camp_list.engcfg. If you don't have them, rename the extra files 'user_camp.txt' and 'user_camp_list.txt' to user_camp.engcfg and user_camp_list.engcfg.

3. Check that the file user_camp.engcfg contains only the following, and nothing else:

//Graviteam mission create system ver. 0.1

user1()
{

} //end of user1

Good luck.

"Yes."
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2012, 12:11:36 PM »

Just drive, aim and shoot at other tanks
Then I'd like to recommend u a mission "Fire Ground". Where u've a stug IIIG and ability to learn how to aim correctly. This mission u may find in mission pack 1.0c:
http://www.4shared.com/rar/wpMpk9Ni/Missions_pack_10c.html?

Provocative signature removed
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2012, 12:42:41 PM »

Lunar, when you strat your game do you look into the user-made missions subfolder?You won't find the mission in either the Campaigns, Tutorials or Single missions.
Lunar
Hauptmann

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2012, 04:16:54 PM »

Thank you Kyth and all for help. Lunched the mission after doing all Kyth suggestions. Beautiful! Now, if can lunch the editor, than I don't have to be jealous at thouse who has it... Minwhile, I can play this one and try the other suggested above. I am sure I am not the only one who enjoys the mission where you are not relying on other's help. Please, gurus of the editor, create more such concepts!
Thank you all again for help.
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2012, 04:26:35 PM »

Now, if can lunch the editor, than I don't have to be jealous at thouse who has it...
If u'd like to make a personal mission then I'd like to suggest u a polygon Sokolovo from the developers (with a source files and the hell a lot of details, which u'll never meet in the ordinary polygon creation by erself).
http://graviteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=9614.0
ps
of course, u can use a default map(with source files) as an example, but it has a leak of details.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 06:15:50 PM by lockie » Logged

Lunar
Hauptmann

« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2012, 03:39:34 AM »

Now, if can lunch the editor, than I don't have to be jealous at thouse who has it...
If u'd like to make a personal mission then I'd like to suggest u a polygon Sokolovo from the developers (with a source files and the hell a lot of details, which u'll never meet in the ordinary polygon creation by erself).
ps
of course, u can use a default map(with source files) as an example, but it has a leak of details.

I'd love to make a mission, but I don't have (what it looks like) the editor in my game... I wish it would be possible to download the file from somewhere.
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2012, 03:39:57 AM »

There's another way to do it.

1. Copy the code below and paste into a Notepad text file:

Code:
"bin\rel\shell.exe" root\programs\misedit.program

2. Save the file to your game's main folder, as a batch file. For example, 'misedit.bat'. In the 'Save as type' box, select 'All files' instead of 'text documents(txt)'.

3. Create a desktop shortcut to this batch file. Double-click to run.

Good luck.

"Yes."
Lunar
Hauptmann

« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2012, 06:02:27 AM »

Kyth, I just lunched the editor! Grin The solution, however came from this post...
http://graviteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=1547.0;wap2
My problem was a blank "Start in" line in a short cut. After reading carefully the post I found the culprit.
Thank you one more time to you and all for your effort and help.
Lunar
Hauptmann

« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2012, 04:30:31 PM »

ps

Ok. I already made a test mission. The question I have is that when I start a "new mission" in editor it comes with some kind of map from the game. I tried to load the Sokolovo map by "generate map", but it's not showing up on the screen.
Some other issues...
I don't see in game on map marked enemy forces.
I don't know how to mark all villages and targets in editor.
Not sure if I need to set up the "mission accomplished" in editor or you just simply need to kill all enemies.
Otherwise, I understand now why people hooked up on this sim for years. It's truly incredible (especially with the editor). Now I can make my own "One man army" missions. Grin
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2012, 08:14:54 PM »

Now I can make my own "One man army" missions. Grin
Welcome to the board of "graviteam mission creators" and God bless er patience Cheesy

Lunar
Hauptmann

« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2012, 01:47:22 AM »

This Sokolovo map is not loading/generating for some reason...
After "unpacking" the file in "create new map" I click on "generate". Next screen  In "map generator" I open "kh43-m01-sokolovo.polypack" and getting white screen with message:

Exception core:
001: Error initializing program.

Any suggestions?...
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: