Graviteam
April 25, 2024, 11:21:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Simple mission for newby?  (Read 37468 times)
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2012, 02:11:31 AM »

This Sokolovo map is not loading/generating for some reason...
After "unpacking" the file in "create new map" I click on "generate". Next screen  In "map generator" I open "kh43-m01-sokolovo.polypack" and getting white screen with message:

Exception core:
001: Error initializing program.

Any suggestions?...

If you want to regenerate the map, select the 'poly' file in data/k42/loc_rus/levels/envs/<mapname>.

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
Lunar
Hauptmann

« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2012, 03:21:51 AM »

This Sokolovo map is not loading/generating for some reason...
After "unpacking" the file in "create new map" I click on "generate". Next screen  In "map generator" I open "kh43-m01-sokolovo.polypack" and getting white screen with message:

Exception core:
001: Error initializing program.

Any suggestions?...

If you want to regenerate the map, select the 'poly' file in data/k42/loc_rus/levels/envs/<mapname>.

Thank you Kyth for your help. I am trying to create a new mission based on this map. Unfortunately the file mentioned above (and  is instructed to open by "readme") is not working. Its location is exactly where you're pointing me to. I must be doing something wrong. Where should I start clean to make a new mission (not editing the existing)?
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2012, 03:27:51 AM »

Thank you Kyth for your help. I am trying to create a new mission based on this map. Unfortunately the file mentioned above (and  is instructed to open by "readme") is not working. Its location is exactly where you're pointing me to. I must be doing something wrong. Where should I start clean to make a new mission (not editing the existing)?

The generation of the map takes quite a long time, anywhere from 15 - 30 minutes for me.
For mission creation, perhaps you would like to try using the other maps included with the game?
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 03:29:33 AM by Kyth » Logged

"Yes."
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2012, 04:22:53 AM »

Some other issues...
I don't see in game on map marked enemy forces.
I don't know how to mark all villages and targets in editor.
Not sure if I need to set up the "mission accomplished" in editor or you just simply need to kill all enemies.

1. Adding markings to the briefing map is considered an 'advanced' topic. Anyway, here's a useful introduction:
http://graviteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=7545.msg15615#msg15615

2. For a Victory condition, you could use the 'superiority of allies' trigger:
http://graviteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=9685.msg16621#msg16621

Good luck,

"Yes."
Lunar
Hauptmann

« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2012, 04:26:07 AM »

The generation of the map takes quite a long time, anywhere from 15 - 30 minutes for me.
For mission creation, perhaps you would like to try using the other maps included with the game?

The time is not an issue. I just need to know if there is a problem with the file, or I am doing something wrong. If file is ok, than I need to know how to make the mission with a new map anyways. Maybe a simple step by step process. This map is a good start.
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2012, 05:09:26 AM »

This map is a good start.
Yes, "Sokolovo" is a brilliant polygon! I've made 2 missions on the base of him(jagdpanzer L70 and Churchill), but I think it's a bit complicate for the newby. Try to generate a default polygon.

BTW
Sokolovo has some features, which were organized for the updated AI(faul blau). For example, road has a height "-0.2m", which makes AI from the SF as a stupid one Cheesy

Provocative signature removed
Lunar
Hauptmann

« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2012, 06:17:27 AM »

This map is a good start.
Yes, "Sokolovo" is a brilliant polygon! I've made 2 missions on the base of him(jagdpanzer L70 and Churchill), but I think it's a bit complicate for the newby. Try to generate a default polygon.

BTW
Sokolovo has some features, which were organized for the updated AI(faul blau). For example, road has a height "-0.2m", which makes AI from the SF as a stupid one Cheesy

Are these two missions that you've made are open to the public and downloadable? Would be nice to see them in action.
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2012, 07:08:54 AM »

Are these two missions that you've made are open to the public and downloadable? Would be nice to see them in action.
Of course, all my missions are public and downloadable, coz I've made them for the community SF. U've to look over the forum to find them Wink Maybe I'll make a compilation. (I've for about 10 missions with 4 originally polygon generated.)
So, now here is mission Churchill and jagdpanzer L70. These missions are based on the polygon Sokolovo, which I slightly adjusted to my needs.
ps
for any case mission pack 1.0c.

« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 07:11:31 AM by lockie » Logged

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2012, 07:29:05 AM »

It's your Lockie Day Lunar , because they are good missions!  Smiley
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2012, 03:55:28 PM »

Its location is exactly where you're pointing me to. I must be doing something wrong.

Pls read the instructions again.

data\k42\loc_rus\levels\envs\kh43_m01_sokolovo\kh43_m01_sokolovo.poly

"Yes."
Lunar
Hauptmann

« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2012, 04:22:25 PM »

Its location is exactly where you're pointing me to. I must be doing something wrong.

Pls read the instructions again.

data\k42\loc_rus\levels\envs\kh43_m01_sokolovo\kh43_m01_sokolovo.poly

Yes, Kyth. This is the location. The only difference is that in mine it ends with ...sokolovo.polypack. Not sure if it's different or not. I even change the .polypack to .poly but it comes back with error page.

By the way, I noticed (at list with all missions I've check) that no one tried to make working objects/targets like moving train and patrol river boats. May be its limited by the game's engine? Would be very cool.
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2012, 04:59:07 PM »

By the way, I noticed (at list with all missions I've check) that no one tried to make working objects/targets like moving train and patrol river boats. May be its limited by the game's engine? Would be very cool.
Instead patrol river boats here is a T-38 Wink

Txema
Generalmajor

« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2012, 05:45:56 PM »

Of course, all my missions are public and downloadable, coz I've made them for the community SF. U've to look over the forum to find them Wink Maybe I'll make a compilation. (I've for about 10 missions with 4 originally polygon generated.)

Hi Lockie,

It would be great if you could release a compilation with your latest missions !!  Smiley

Please, consider it !!

Txema
norm
Oberst

« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2012, 04:12:25 AM »

Some sort of river boat sounds really cool, or one of the Russian armored trians, even if only stationary...
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2012, 04:18:03 AM »

Yes, Kyth. This is the location. The only difference is that in mine it ends with ...sokolovo.polypack. Not sure if it's different or not. I even change the .polypack to .poly but it comes back with error page.

If you already have the polypack file, then you could try a different method to enable the map, which is described here:
http://graviteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=2919.msg5524#msg5524

"Yes."
Lunar
Hauptmann

« Reply #35 on: October 10, 2012, 04:21:03 PM »

If you already have the polypack file, then you could try a different method to enable the map, which is described here:
http://graviteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=2919.msg5524#msg5524

I will try this method tonight. Thank you for all your help Kyth!
Lunar
Hauptmann

« Reply #36 on: October 10, 2012, 04:25:09 PM »

Some sort of river boat sounds really cool, or one of the Russian armored trians, even if only stationary...

Yes, if there is some limitation with the sim's engine, than just a train station with a train would be very nice. Scenarios for such missions would be alsomst endless: from protecting precious cargo, to attacking the fuel  supply train.
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #37 on: October 10, 2012, 07:45:24 PM »

Scenarios for such missions would be alsomst endless: from protecting precious cargo, to attacking the fuel  supply train.
Be my guest!

Lunar
Hauptmann

« Reply #38 on: October 11, 2012, 07:21:56 AM »

Just finished the second test mission and noticed that my first mission vanished from the game's menu. I can still load it in the editor I but can't find it in the game's folders nor menu.  Is any special place where such missions goes to? How to save them permanently after creating in editor?..

PS in the game Battlestations Pacific you can pick up (hop on) during a combat the next plane/ship from your army after your own is down. I think such option also would make Steel Fury game more dynamic. Is it possible to modify the game to do it?
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #39 on: October 11, 2012, 12:18:31 PM »

Lunar once you are in the mission editor at the end of creating your mission you have to click on save (click on the "file " tab the upper right corner of the ME screen and scroll and you'll see several options including save and load.Firsdt you need to save your mission and thne click on load so your mission is loaded into the game and available to play.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: