Graviteam
April 25, 2024, 02:24:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Simple mission for newby?  (Read 37467 times)
Lunar
Hauptmann

« Reply #40 on: October 11, 2012, 04:38:30 PM »

Lunar once you are in the mission editor at the end of creating your mission you have to click on save (click on the "file " tab the upper right corner of the ME screen and scroll and you'll see several options including save and load.Firsdt you need to save your mission and thne click on load so your mission is loaded into the game and available to play.

Thank you frinik for suggestion. I did all of that and played the game. I think later I installed other missions in the game and that's when it disappeared from the "user missions" menu. How can I place my self made mission into jsgme so I can load it in-and-out?
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #41 on: October 11, 2012, 06:32:33 PM »

That's odd Lunar because normally once you have saved and loaded your user_made missions they should not disappear from your game menu?Huh? Mine, for example only disappear if I delete them .You need not enable them through the JSGME  as they are datapack files.One thing you can do, once you have created a mission pack it , using the Mission Editor tab of the same name, and save it ina separate foplder.This way should it disappear form your game menu you simply unpack it through the ME and it will re-appear in your game user-made missions menu.
Lunar
Hauptmann

« Reply #42 on: October 11, 2012, 07:50:54 PM »

That's odd Lunar because normally once you have saved and loaded your user_made missions they should not disappear from your game menu?Huh? Mine, for example only disappear if I delete them .You need not enable them through the JSGME  as they are datapack files.One thing you can do, once you have created a mission pack it , using the Mission Editor tab of the same name, and save it ina separate foplder.This way should it disappear form your game menu you simply unpack it through the ME and it will re-appear in your game user-made missions menu.

It disappears from the menu when I install Another mission. The option to pack the file is. It anywhere in the editor's menu. I am too new for this sim and still trying to figure out how it works. What are the steps to pack the file after you create the mission?
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #43 on: October 11, 2012, 11:05:24 PM »

It disappears from the menu when I install Another mission.

Please read the short guide again.

http://graviteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=10102.msg20208#msg20208

Here's the relevant passage:

To add any more new missions, copy and paste the needed entry from the readme file, like so:
//Graviteam mission create system ver. 0.1

user1()
{

igor_niss_01, igor_niss_01, 1, 0, xream_01_back_t01.jpg, txt_ldm_igor_niss_01_cit_01, 3, txt_ldm_igor_niss_01_hist_intro, new_mission_01_hist_map, levels\levels\cm_users\igor_niss_01.level;
Hetzer_01, Hetzer_01, 1, 0, hetzer_01.tga, txt_cit_01, 30, txt_hist_intro, hist_map_teach, levels\levels\cm_users\Hetzer_01.level;

} //end of user1

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #44 on: October 12, 2012, 01:49:41 AM »

Asoted above by  Kyth!

Now Lunar to pack a mission is simple.Open the editor_mission.You'll see the little window in the middle of your screen calle Create new mission.On the top left side you have a grey tab for the maps showing taranovka01 as default.Underneath you normally have the list of all the user-made missions in your ME.On the right side you have 6 small grey tabs: Create, Pack, Unpack, Delete, Ediutor and Exit.To pack your mission( which essentiallly means export it), you highlight it with your cursor then click on pack.You'll get a prompt asking you for the destination fodler asking you where you want to sa ve the file. Just indidcate the one you want and your mission will be saved in  datapack format.You will still have th emission in your ME but now you have a second copy as back-up.If that mission disappears form your game then to re-introduce it click on the unpack tab f direwtc the query to the folder where you saved it and it will be copied into your game. 
Lunar
Hauptmann

« Reply #45 on: October 12, 2012, 07:34:08 AM »

Thank you Frinik and all for reply. I wish the editor would be little bit more "average" user friendly. It covers a lot of aspects of the game, but may be its too complex for what it needs to do. The good part is that it allows to create your own game after some learning curve.
By the way, why some of the enemy's tanks/vehicles sometimes not moving at all toward you? Soldiers standing around and waiting to be killed... I have sidecar motorcycles now in my mission seating and doing nothing. Is any "trigger/command" I've missed, or they need to be assigned in the right direction in editor?
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #46 on: October 12, 2012, 09:05:46 AM »

For the enemy and you runits to omve you need to assign at least simple, basic movement orders.For example once you ahve opened your mission in the ME click on the script tab( upper right corner) and create a script which you cna anme as you wnat depending either gr_attack or sov_defence or vise versa.Then you click the type of operation( a sub tab of thes cript tab ) and assign movement.next to it there's an empty tab called contour.There you enter the con tour ex zone01 where you wnat your units to move to.You can also create another sub script called mode of movement which allows you to define the type of movement either along the road, in attack m ode or imperceptiblyetc.Once all the parameters are entered just save and allocate that script to your units in the divisions tab.I advise you to read Friedrich Wilhelms mission making tutorials which are in one of the forum's stickies.I 'll look for the link.It's basic, simple , illustrated and really helpful.It launched me.
Lunar
Hauptmann

« Reply #47 on: October 13, 2012, 07:23:39 AM »

For the enemy and you runits to omve you need to assign at least simple, basic movement orders.For example once you ahve opened your mission in the ME click on the script tab( upper right corner) and create a script which you cna anme as you wnat depending either gr_attack or sov_defence or vise versa.Then you click the type of operation( a sub tab of thes cript tab ) and assign movement.next to it there's an empty tab called contour.There you enter the con tour ex zone01 where you wnat your units to move to.You can also create another sub script called mode of movement which allows you to define the type of movement either along the road, in attack m ode or imperceptiblyetc.Once all the parameters are entered just save and allocate that script to your units in the divisions tab.I advise you to read Friedrich Wilhelms mission making tutorials which are in one of the forum's stickies.I 'll look for the link.It's basic, simple , illustrated and really helpful.It launched me.

Thank you frinik for help. I am now able to move the enemy forces around!
So far I only made couple of missions by modifying the existing ones. If I try to start from scratch, for some reason I can not ad a division to the opposite side contours. For example when the division is chosen for Germany forces it goes to... Russian contour. It is not showing in for "Germany Divisions" list at all. In fact the window with forces options stays gray out... A clear tutorial would help a lot.
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #48 on: October 13, 2012, 08:03:18 AM »

Lunar; here's the link to Friedrich Wilhelm's tutorials in pdf format generously compiled by Kyth!:http://www.4shared.com/document/9vKpkgWz/SF_Mission_Editor.html

Here's the sticky which I started in May 2011 about FW's tutorial mission making :http://graviteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=7343.0
« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 08:06:37 AM by frinik » Logged
Lunar
Hauptmann

« Reply #49 on: October 13, 2012, 05:16:16 PM »

Lunar; here's the link to Friedrich Wilhelm's tutorials in pdf format generously compiled by Kyth!:http://www.4shared.com/document/9vKpkgWz/SF_Mission_Editor.html

Here's the sticky which I started in May 2011 about FW's tutorial mission making :http://graviteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=7343.0

Thank you guys for help! Can't wait to make missions the way I want.
PS This sim is a real narcotic...
Lunar
Hauptmann

« Reply #50 on: October 14, 2012, 08:18:53 PM »

Trying to create a new mission from scratch. I am following tutorials and all suggestions in creating the mission.
No matter what I do the new German added divisions automatically going to the Russian contour... Its not even giving me an option to choose the German forces from the window below. Its grayed out.
Its oddly listed though under Russian division (but also shows up at the German contour as well like a none functioning copy).
Strangely enough, if I modifying existent mission its all working fine.
Is it a corrupt file or I am doing something wrong?
Lunar
Hauptmann

« Reply #51 on: October 14, 2012, 10:51:08 PM »

Trying to create a new mission from scratch. I am following tutorials and all suggestions in creating the mission.
No matter what I do the new German added divisions automatically going to the Russian contour... Its not even giving me an option to choose the German forces from the window below. Its grayed out.
Its oddly listed though under Russian division (but also shows up at the German contour as well like a none functioning copy).
Strangely enough, if I modifying existent mission its all working fine.
Is it a corrupt file or I am doing something wrong?

Disregard these...

I just found the problem! Grin When you pick your German divisions first time they needs to be in "All" mode (if the Russian is your player). I was going straight to "German" selection and it didn't work. After picking German forces in "All" they showed up in the "German" option. I hope it was the last bug I had to deal with...
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #52 on: October 14, 2012, 10:58:42 PM »

I just found the problem! Grin
Congratulations! Smiley
Same happened with me, when I start my first mission. It's a primary stage to get the mission creating Wink

Provocative signature removed
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #53 on: October 15, 2012, 01:57:45 AM »

These are not bugs but rather features of the ME.One good thing to do is to read the Mission Editor's user manual which is in the docs folder in your game main file.
Lunar
Hauptmann

« Reply #54 on: October 15, 2012, 02:38:46 AM »

These are not bugs but rather features of the ME.One good thing to do is to read the Mission Editor's user manual which is in the docs folder in your game main file.

I know. It was my "bug"...
Lunar
Hauptmann

« Reply #55 on: October 20, 2012, 07:39:12 PM »

Moving along with the editor and missions. Couple questions here to the experts...
Is it possible to turn off the commander's voice commands (left, right, reload etc...)? It's duplicating what you can read on the screen.
Also, I'd like to tell my tank to move on the road (not among the road) by some key command. Is such controll possible?
Thank you!
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #56 on: October 21, 2012, 08:27:02 AM »

Is it possible to turn off the commander's voice commands (left, right, reload etc...)?
Yes, but u need to edit some files. Look here for details:
http://graviteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=9691.msg18959#msg18959

Also, I'd like to tell my tank to move on the road (not among the road) by some key command. Is such controll possible?
I don't understand the deference between on the road and among the road Smiley

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #57 on: October 21, 2012, 11:01:49 AM »

I think there's a translation error in the ME I think  they probably meant " along the road " rather than among. Along the road means following the road but not nercessarily being on it just on the side .

You can either edit sound files or simply in the game Audio and Music settings set the Speech glider to zero so you won't hear the voices.
Lunar
Hauptmann

« Reply #58 on: October 21, 2012, 07:56:53 PM »

Thank you guys.
In the editor you can make enemy tanks drive in column formation right on the road. I just wanted to do the same with my own tank by giving him a key command (if such option possible) at any time. ("Among the road" is not right on the road. That's correct.)

And one more question, about the scope. Was on any machine during the war target scope ever showed the bearings? I am talking about similar to the submarine type when they rotates around your center "0". Maybe it's in the game, but I don't see it. If its not, would it be possible to make one? I know that you can see  bearings on the compas, but I am disabling that view most of the time.

PS This game keeps amazing me more and more. Considering its age its still the best tank sim. It's a bit complex in editing, but I am realizing now that's it's just because it was designed to give you absolute control over it. Fantastic!
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #59 on: October 21, 2012, 08:27:06 PM »

I just wanted to do the same with my own tank by giving him a key command (if such option possible) at any time.
If I got u right, then u've to press a key "9" to move along the road Smiley
But why? If u need to make a manoeuvre - it's better to take a seat as a driver and go to the point, imho.

Was on any machine during the war target scope ever showed the bearings?
Du u mean bearing as an aspect? If so, just read description how to use a gunsight, i.e. from the patch SPM1.5 NTA1.3. Comrade Txema made an excellent translation from the russian.
Here it is:
http://www.4shared.com/rar/VkEbtL2U/gunsight_readme.html
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 09:09:22 PM by lockie » Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: