Graviteam
March 29, 2024, 02:33:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
  Print  
Author Topic: Hi everyone, new missions!  (Read 83733 times)
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« on: November 06, 2010, 10:43:23 AM »

Hello!

As I've mentioned before, I have been mucking around with the Steel Fury Mission Editor for the longest time.
And eventually, I came up with something playable! Here's a little blurb about the mission:

Kyth Mission 1

In this semi-historical scenario, the Red Army has pulled off a nasty surprise with their initial Spring offensive in the Kharkov area.
Elements of the 3rd Panzer division (that's you) have to deal with the developing situation, which could only be described as 'a ghastly mess'.

Download the mission here:
http://www.4shared.com/file/4lF8khES/KythMission01.html

As always, you have to add a new line in the user_camp.engcfg file to get it to show up:
New_KY_01, txt_mc_mymission_1, 1, 0, Back_KY01.tga, txt_cit_02, 20, txt_history_tky_1, hist_map_teach, levels\levels\cm_users\New_KY_01.level;

Good hunting!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's the 2nd mission in this series, following on from the first one:

Kyth Mission 2

Your kampfgruppe has to reopen the supply lines to your beleaguered front-line defenders. Dark and stormy night, rain falling in torrents, enemy strongpoint to be captured! Your quick thinking and skill could spell the difference between victory and defeat...

You can download the mission here:

http://www.4shared.com/file/tAUM6aFi/KythsMission02.html

And, please remember to add in this extra line to the 'user_camp.engcfg' file:

New_KY_02, txt_mc_mymission_2, 1, 0, Back_KY02.tga, txt_cit_02, 20, txt_history_tky_1, hist_map_teach, levels\levels\cm_users\New_KY_02.level;

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's the 3rd mission in the series, following the events in mission 2.

Kyth Mission 3

The encircled defenders have hung on grimly for the past 2 days, throwing back repeated assaults on their positions.
Now, can they hold on for much longer? ... Make sure that they do!

The mission can be downloaded here:

http://www.4shared.com/file/uOzbSWOe/KythMission03.html

And, please add this extra line to the 'user_camp.engcfg' file:

New_KY_03, txt_mc_mymission_3, 1, 0, Back_KY03.tga, txt_cit_02, 20, txt_history_tky_1, hist_map_teach, levels\levels\cm_users\New_KY_03.level;

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's the 4th mission in the series, following the events in mission 3:

Kyth Mission 4

The enemy is planning another of their pre-dawn attacks. Your kampfgruppe's task is to launch a pre-dawn attack on the pre-dawn attackers!
Just don't let them pre-empt your pre-emptive strike...

Please download the mission here:

http://www.4shared.com/file/FORxPxHZ/KythMission04.html

And, add in this extra line to the 'user_camp.engcfg' file:

New_KY_04, txt_mc_mymission_4, 1, 0, Back_KY04.tga, txt_cit_02, 20, txt_history_tky_1, hist_map_teach, levels\levels\cm_users\New_KY_04.level;

Careful with this one, there's a lot of maneuvering to be done!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We have another one for you! The 5th Mission follows on after the events in Mission 4.

Kyth Mission 5

Your kampfgruppe is to make a quick strike on the enemy positions, Over the River and Through the Woods. Drill them full of Lead!

You can download the mission from here:
http://www.4shared.com/file/QPjP0Jg2/KythMission05.html

Please add the following line to the 'user_camp.engcfg' file:
New_KY_05, txt_mc_mymission_5, 1, 0, Back_KY05.tga, txt_cit_02, 20, txt_history_tky_1, hist_map_teach, levels\levels\cm_users\New_KY_05.level;

By the way, here's a tip: Set your platoon formation to 'none', if you're ordering them across the river.  You will need every tank you have!

Have fun!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are you ready for your next mission? This one (Number 6) follows on after the events in Mission 5:

Kyth Mission 6

As your Kampfgruppe maneuvers for its breakout, keep a close watch on the horizon... The Russians are not finished yet...

http://www.4shared.com/file/a-NMMvxs/KythMission06.html

And remember, please add in this extra line to the 'user_camp.engcfg' file:
New_KY_06, txt_mc_mymission_6, 1, 0, Back_KY06.tga, txt_cit_02, 20, txt_history_tky_1, hist_map_teach, levels\levels\cm_users\New_KY_06.level;

Here's a little tip for today: take good care of your infantry!

Have fun!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's another one to enjoy!

Kyth Mission 7

The enemy's retreat route rapidly becomes a 'Mud-way of Death'!  Make sure it's not actually your own...

Interested? Please download the mission here:

http://www.4shared.com/file/rUwy9d93/KythMission07.html

And, add in this line to the 'user_camp.engcfg' file:
New_KY_07, txt_mc_mymission_7, 1, 0, Back_KY07.tga, txt_cit_02, 20, txt_history_tky_1, hist_map_teach, levels\levels\cm_users\New_KY_07.level;

Good luck!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As promised here's a tough one for you!

Kyth Mission 8

Noisy battles break out all along the river! You are there to ensure that tactical skill and good shooting keep the enemy well and truly clobbered.

Please download the mission here:
http://www.4shared.com/file/nY8_P1Fs/KythMission08.html

And add in this extra line to the 'user_camp.engcfg' file:
New_KY_08, txt_mc_mymission_8, 1, 0, Back_KY08.tga, txt_cit_02, 20, txt_history_tky_1, hist_map_teach, levels\levels\cm_users\New_KY_08.level;

Hint: Set your formation to 'none' when crossing the river, you will need every tank you have!

Good luck!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are you ready for your next mission? Something that follows on after the 'heroic' events in mission 8...

Kyth Mission 9
In this armoured clash, you shall be deciding the outcome; will good shooting win the day, or will it be your Last Stand ...?

Download the mission here!
http://www.4shared.com/file/dak0p1_l/KythMission09.html

And of course, add in this line to the 'user_camp.engcfg' file:
New_KY_09, txt_mc_mymission_9, 1, 0, Back_KY09.tga, txt_cit_02, 20, txt_history_tky_1, hist_map_teach, levels\levels\cm_users\New_KY_09.level;

Good hunting!

Get ready for your next mission!

Kyth Mission 10
The recent counterattack has resulted in the encirclement of a Rather Large enemy force. However, they will require a lot of "convincing" to actually stay captured... Elements of 3rd Panzer (you again) are on the scene!

Please get the mission here!
http://www.4shared.com/file/CmZFJ6xG/KythMission10.html

And, add this line to the 'user_camp.engcfg' file:
New_KY_10, txt_mc_mymission_10, 1, 0, Back_KY10.tga, txt_cit_02, 20, txt_history_tky_1, hist_map_teach, levels\levels\cm_users\New_KY_10.level;

Good luck, everyone!

« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 12:37:27 AM by Kyth » Logged

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2010, 04:51:36 PM »

Interesting mission for the PzIII, thx! The script is really complicated. It was a bit confusing, at first I didn’t understand that after “attack blocking” I’d have been moved to the Rat village, but secondly I got it over.
BTW
Instead time trigger(radio massage) u may use text trigger from editor. Like this:
triggers()
{
my_trigger, 0x2000d, txt_screen_my_massage, 0xffd0c0c0, 25.000;
}
where:
my_trigger – name trigger
0x2000d – operation code
txt_screen_my_massage – txt variable
0xffd0c0c0 – text color
25.000 – duration of text massage, sec
txt variable is described in mymission_loc_data.text
i.e.
txt_screen_my_massage () {We’re under fire;}
As for installation it’s been accustomed for me to using “Create new mission” -> “Unpack”.
I’ve packed your mission as New_KY_01.datapack.
At this point there’s no need to make a fix for the file … Steel Fury - Kharkov 1942\data\k42\loc_rus\levels\LEVELS\camp\user_camp.engcfg
The new mission line will write down automatically.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 06:09:57 PM by lockie » Logged

Provocative signature removed
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2010, 06:23:35 PM »

As for installation it’s been accustomed for me to using “Create new mission” -> “Unpack”.
I’ve packed your mission as New_KY_01.datapack.
At this point there’s no need to make a fix for the file … Steel Fury - Kharkov 1942\data\k42\loc_rus\levels\LEVELS\camp\user_camp.engcfg
The new mission line will write down automatically.

Yes, that's true, but the datapack installation misses out the extras, like the canned history, and the nice screenshot above.  Undecided

"Yes."
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2010, 09:09:07 PM »

Yes, that's true, but the datapack installation misses out the extras..
Agree, but as my point it's optional.

Txema
Generalmajor

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2010, 05:52:32 AM »

Kyth,

Thank you very much for your new mission !!

Smiley

Txema
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2010, 10:34:54 AM »

Kyth's mission really rocks! excellent atmosphere, good use of the Bereka map, plenty of action, artillery barrage, ambushes etc .

Players don't open your gunsights at the beginning of the mission otherwise chances are your gunsights will be damaged by the explosions.Wait until you leave the village and reach the blocking point.

Kyth the only criticism I have is : WHY DIDN'T YOU DO MORE OF THEM MAN! Grin

Regards

Frinik
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2010, 12:41:15 PM »

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all your comments! Much appreciated!

And yes, I have a couple more missions in the works (finishing touches) which I'll be posting when ready.
Also, some more mission ideas are still floating around in my head!  Cheesy

Thanks again,

"Yes."
Stig
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2010, 02:19:17 AM »

First off, thanks for adding to the pool of missions we have to choose from!

A question:

Does this have a briefing that is applicable to this mission? Or, said another way, have you figured out how to add briefings to new missions so that we don't have to read another briefing from another mission that has nothing to do with the one at hand?

Also, have you figured out how to add new splash screens, or does this new one use a "stock" splash screen?

My Gaming Rig:
i5 2500K Quad-Core CPU at 3.3GHz
MSI P67A-C43 mobo
4GB of PC12800 DDR3 memory
1GB Galaxy GeForce GTX550 Ti video card GeForce 270.61 drivers (4/2011)
Cougar joystick/throttle combo
CH Pedals
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2010, 08:01:42 AM »

Hi Stig,

Yes indeed, the mission has its own briefing ;

The splash screen is the nice screenshot seen above, in the first post.

Please give this mission a try!  Smiley

"Yes."
Stig
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2010, 01:20:37 AM »

This thread is still confusing me mightily.   Huh? Huh? Huh?

From the beginning now: HOW do I unpack this?

Create new mission” -> “Unpack”.

Where is this done? In the mission editor? Or if not that way, where exactly do you put the files?

In the read me, the reference to user_camp.engcfg file is very unclear. I must have a half dozen of these files floating around in the folders. Which one is it, in which complete file path?

My Gaming Rig:
MSI P67A-C43 mobo
CH Pedals
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2010, 06:42:00 AM »

From the beginning now: HOW do I unpack this?
Create new mission” -> “Unpack”.
Where is this done?
That's: "...\Steel Fury - Kharkov 1942\bin\rel\shell.exe" root\programs\newmis.program

Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2010, 09:14:40 AM »

Hi Stig, Lockie,

I assume you're referring to my mission?
There's nothing to unpack, just extract my .rar file to the MODS folder, and activate it using JSGME.
The user_camp.engcfg file is here:

Add the new line to user_camp.engcfg, and you're good to go, Smiley
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 10:02:46 AM by Kyth » Logged

"Yes."
Stig
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2010, 10:55:22 PM »

I suppose my confusion stems from the fact that this is a standalone mission, not a campaign.

Eventually, won't it become desirable to have separate lists of missions and campaigns that are groups of missions?

==================================
I've successfully unpacked the mission (I think) but in the briefing I see only three question marks "Huh?"
And I don't see that excellent screen shot anywhere in the menus. I suppose I'm still missing something here...
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 11:40:13 PM by Stig » Logged

My Gaming Rig:
MSI P67A-C43 mobo
CH Pedals
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2010, 08:50:55 AM »

Hi Stig,

You didn't tell me whether you played the mission? Is it okay?  Smiley

That's the most important part...

If that part is okay, then, let's go over the 'user_camp.engcfg' thing again:

New_KY_01, txt_mc_mymission_1, 1, 0, Back_KY01.tga, txt_cit_02, 20, txt_history_tky_1, hist_map_teach, levels\levels\cm_users\New_KY_01.level;

Copy the line above and paste it after the last entry in 'user_camp.engcfg'.
As some of you may realise, it's actually some kind of 'csv' file. Don't leave out any commas from that line!

Hope this helps! Undecided

"Yes."
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2010, 12:38:21 PM »

Hi Stig (and everyone else),

Are you comfortable with moving folders and files?

This little 'tree' below should make things a little clearer, which files go where:

<Steel Fury main folder>\data\k42\loc_rus\
 |
 |
 |
 |------------------------------------------------------------------------
 |                       |                          |                    |
 |                       |                          |                    |
 levels\                 envs\                      images\              text\
 |                       |                          |                    Mynewmissions.text
 |                       |                          |
 LEVELS\                 M04_Bereka\                backs\
 |                       New_KY_01_lightmap.raw     Back_KY_01.tga
 |
 |
 |--------------------------------------------------
 cm_users\               scripts\                   weather\
 New_KY_01.level         |                          Weather_Kyth.engcfg
                         |
                         cm_users\
                         New_KY_01_script.engscr
                         New_KY_01_zones.engcfg
                         New_KY_01_loc_data.text

Regards,

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2010, 01:07:47 PM »

I don't understand why is it so complicated just to add 2 lines of text to a sub folder???Kyth your explanations were quite clear.

I have your mission unpacked in datapack so I can apply some modifications to it Grin.I ll keep your original( and finally made it amission successful after the 4th attempt.The trick is in the timing; if you stay too long at the blocking point mopping up the infantry then you move too late to the village and cannto prevent the Soviets from destroying your trucks and or crossing the river.I am now leaving the mop up to other tanks and I rush towards the village to flank the Bolshevicks.) and I will simply make a new version with mid to late war tanks while keeping your script and mission goals intact.I love the Panther... Wink

Kyth; make more and don't be afraid that your missions won't be liked.You have the touch  to make them good I can tell!

Cheers

Frinik
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2010, 02:12:51 PM »

Thanks, Frinik!

By winning, you've gone where no one has gone before,
because I only ever played my own mission at level 5!!  Cheesy

Regards,

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2010, 12:06:30 PM »

Kyth I deserve no credit with the practice I am giving myself playign my battles I am battle hardened...
They are on their way.I ll send to you tomorrow and with soem texct but the rest of the briefs will come a bit later as it is time-consuming.Your mission is pretty good and I think we have similar taste in battles...

Cheers Wink
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2010, 03:57:05 PM »

Hello!

Here's the 2nd mission in this series, following on from the first one:

Kyth Mission 2

Your kampfgruppe has to reopen the supply lines to your beleaguered front-line defenders. Dark and stormy night, rain falling in torrents, enemy strongpoint to be captured! Your quick thinking and skill could spell the difference between victory and defeat...

http://www.4shared.com/file/tAUM6aFi/KythsMission02.html

And, please remember to add in this extra line to the 'user_camp.engcfg' file:

New_KY_02, txt_mc_mymission_2, 1, 0, Back_KY02.tga, txt_cit_02, 20, txt_history_tky_1, hist_map_teach, levels\levels\cm_users\New_KY_02.level;

Have fun!

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2010, 09:34:47 AM »

Mission Kyth02 played and it's a success! Congrats Kyth! I wish I could say the same about myself Angry

Killed the uglies and fell victim of friendly fire.

Not an easy go with limited(to say the least) visibility and no markers...

Good work Kyth .Keep making them Man you have willing customers Smiley

Cheers and Thanks!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
  Print  

Jump to: