Graviteam
April 27, 2024, 02:12:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Two unusual glitches  (Read 6439 times)
Swinder36
Oberleutnant

« on: October 05, 2012, 01:43:56 AM »

Hi all,

I have experienced two unusal glitches with Steel Fury lately.

1) I decided I'd play the game with a joystick (Logitech 3D pro) and noticed that "Button 1" and "Button 2" were not only assigned "machine gun fire" and "main gun fire", respectively, but also "turn turret left/right" and "turn turret up/down", respectively. This means that when I fire the machine gun or main gun of a tank the sight would jump to the left (machine gun) or down (main gun) and throw off my aim.
   So I assigned "turn turret left/right" and "turn turret up/down", to two other buttons on my joystick to eliminate this issue but received another issue instead: now my joystick does not move the turret at all! Huh?
   Has anyone else ran into this problem? Thus far I have tried assigning the joystick axises to axis controls usually reserved for the mouse but, even if I tone down the joystick's sensitivity, the control is too sensitive.  I have also tried assigning the "turn turret left/right" and "turn turret up/down" commands to non-joystick keys, but it seems that game will only allow the joystick to control the turret if the latter commands are assigned to "Button 1" and "Button 2".

2) On the T-34 and KV-1 I have tried to use the periscope TMFD sight as a spotting sight, that is a sight which move independent of the turret. This I found I could do with the "T" and "Y" keys ("Rotate Periscope Sight"). However, after I transverse the sight in this fashion (about 90 degrees off the main gun), the tank's engine begins making unusual noises and the tank comes to a halt. Both me and the AI driver can't make the tank move. This in spite of the fact the tank's engine is still running and the RPM indicator is full.
   I have no idea where to start with this error.

Cheers,
Swinder36

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2012, 01:57:09 AM »

No idea about the first problem as I use a mouse and I have never used joysticks except with a PS2. Have you verifiedif the Use Joystick box in the Control Settings of the game menu is not checked?

2) Re the second one; where you using the driver's position by default? If I remember correctly in early Soviet tanks the Commander had to double a the loader as the turrets were too cramped to allow 3 crew members. Thus it could be a game default that the tank has to stop for the Commander to scan the area... I 'll have to give it a try to see if I have the same issue.
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2012, 02:24:19 AM »

"T" also happens to be the button that throws the track. Tongue

Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2012, 02:40:47 AM »

Cheesy Good call!

... Did you remember to activate the Unofficial Patch v0.1?

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
Swinder36
Oberleutnant

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2012, 06:51:46 AM »

Hi all,

My game has the Unofficial Patch v0.1 and I have unchecked the "No Joysticks for tank control" box. I spent about two hours tinkering with the joystick options and it seems like this is just a weird thing with joysticks in the game.

I did some more testing with the glitch (I checked the range shells were hitting with and without using the joystick) and the  doesn't seem to throw off the main gun as the gun fires an instant before the turret moves. It only affects the machine gun. I think i'll just learn to live with it.

Thanks for enlightening me on the "T" button whukid. Of course, there is no keybinding for it in the options menu! But, thanks to you, I know that what I should do is just assign the sight traverse command to another key.

Thanks for all your help,
Swinder36
norm
Oberst

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2012, 01:07:05 PM »

It is a bug, but the patch should fix it.  Huh?
scout327
Oberleutnant

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2012, 08:19:19 PM »

I did some more testing with the glitch (I checked the range shells were hitting with and without using the joystick) and the  doesn't seem to throw off the main gun as the gun fires an instant before the turret moves. It only affects the machine gun. I think i'll just learn to live with it.
I have the same issues with the joystick, it jumps after firing either the main gun or the coax. Adds a little challenge doesn't it!
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2012, 01:44:36 AM »

Not since a patch fixed that.

Bring back 3D markers!
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2012, 06:03:37 AM »

Not since a patch fixed that.

Oh, I beg to differ. I'm patched and modded with everything under the sun and I wouldn't touch "T" with a 10 foot pole. When I do, I wish very very hard for the "switch tank" ability in SABOW.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: