Graviteam
April 29, 2024, 08:29:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: August Patch in open beta testing  (Read 30644 times)
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2012, 08:06:27 PM »

Hi Andrey !!

I have been testing the August Patch for some time in Quick Battles, and I have noticed that the idle animations for the soldiers (those played when they are not walking or running) seem to go very fast. For example, when I am playing at real time (X 1.0) it looks as if the animations are being reproduced at X 5.0, or something like that.

Can anybody else reproduce this bug?

Txema

Please make a video with this bug.
Russian community and testrs dont find this bug.

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Txema
Generalmajor

« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2012, 11:11:35 PM »

Which program do you recommend to make the video?

I have never saved a video from my computer...

Txema
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2012, 03:51:44 AM »

FRAPS is one program.

Bring back 3D markers!
Capt Sam
Major

« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2012, 07:51:23 PM »

Hi Andrey !!

I have been testing the August Patch for some time in Quick Battles, and I have noticed that the idle animations for the soldiers (those played when they are not walking or running) seem to go very fast. For example, when I am playing at real time (X 1.0) it looks as if the animations are being reproduced at X 5.0, or something like that.

Txema

Yeah they sometimes look like they are moving a little too fast when just standing around.

So far though, the patch is really good.  I've played about 4 games, and it is pretty much what I had hoped for.  Thanks!

Here's a bug I've found:  T-34 crewman abandons his tank and he is carrying a DP machinegun.  When he is killed, the DP machinegun becomes a PPSH submachinegun.  Not really a major bug, but it is a little wierd.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 10:29:43 PM by Capt Sam » Logged
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2012, 12:56:20 PM »

Which program do you recommend to make the video?

I have never saved a video from my computer...

Txema

Bandicam is free on a long term trial basis but you can only record for 10 minutes at a time before you have to hit the record key again.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 10:19:05 PM by dane49 » Logged
Txema
Generalmajor

« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2012, 12:43:40 AM »

Hi Andrey !!

Txema

I have done more testing: it seems that the problem arises when option 6.16 is disabled !!

You can download a little video here:

https://rapidshare.com/files/1504917500/idle movement.avi

« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 12:48:07 AM by Txema » Logged
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2012, 01:39:02 AM »

Yes,I had to enable it again also.Before the last patch I had to disable it because the troops moved too slow.This patch seems to have fixed that problem.
WCG
Oberleutnant

« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2012, 04:33:46 PM »

I don't know if this is the place for this, but I can't get the game to run at all after installing the August patches. When I try to start it, I get this error message:

Critical error
     002: An error has occurred while initializing objects

[ i_opgame:opgame -> i_lines2d:lines2d ]

I just installed the game again on a new computer, and I installed the May patches first. I didn't play the game after that, but it did start OK. After installing the August patches, though, it won't start at all.

I tried re-installing the August patches, and the game would start normally (automatically) after closing the patch installer. However, when I exit the game, I can't get back into it again. (But note that I didn't try playing the game immediately after installing the patches. I could get to the menu, at least, and into the settings. I can't even get that far now.)

Hmm,... actually, I suppose this could be a problem with the May patches. I just don't remember if I closed the game after that and tried to start it again.

Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2012, 04:39:32 PM »

Try creating a new game profile also see if that works.I had to do this after installing August patch over May patch.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 07:13:08 PM by dane49 » Logged
Schweppes
Oberleutnant

« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2012, 06:43:30 PM »

I noticed something a few months ago, that is if i unpacked the files with winzip i had errors in my game but then tried unpacking with 7-Zip everything was ok. Maybe just an coincidence or i had an old version of winrar but maybe worth to try.
WCG
Oberleutnant

« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2012, 01:40:56 AM »

Try creating a new game profile also see if that works.

OK. How do I do that? Note that the game won't start at all. And I didn't actually create a game profile originally, unless that happens automatically.

I noticed something a few months ago, that is if i unpacked the files with winzip i had errors in my game but then tried unpacking with 7-Zip everything was ok. Maybe just an coincidence or i had an old version of winrar but maybe worth to try.

Thanks, but I didn't have to unzip anything. All of these files were self-extracting .exe files, except for the one with the .gt2extension extension.
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2012, 02:10:28 AM »

OK. How do I do that? Note that the game won't start at all. And I didn't actually create a game profile originally, unless that happens automatically.

You will have to get the game to start to create new profile,so that is the important thing first.

I did a clean erase and reinstall for the August patch.(I do this everytime a new engine or patch comes out to erase all memory from my previous player profile that is stored from past campaign play)

Then I download everything to desktop and extract to the graviteam program files.
(Make a seperate folder for each download)

I had problems at first so I started with the 5.77(you can get that here  http://graviteam.com/games/APOS.html?action=downloads ) engine to get the ball rolling since I couldn't get the game to accept the 5.80 or 5.81 engine initially.

Once I got that to accept(5.77 engine)  I installed the 5.80 engine and May patch(This worked Finally,so at least I was able to get back where I started)

I keep seperate files of all downloads on both desktop and in Graviteam program files,but I only download to desktop and extract to the Graviteam game file(check your desktop icon and make sure that is where the game file is actually located to extract to)

Then for August  engine 5.81 and patch I did same thing -download to desktop extract to game program file.Before you try to patch you have to make sure that the game has accepted the engine for that patch.

After I downloaded the 5.81 engine it automatically brought up my updater after I clicked on the 5.81 icon I downloaded to my desktop and asked me if I wanted to replace the 5.80 engine-I clicked yes then save and play and my game showed I had the 5.81 engine.

With the August patch I downloaded to desktop and extracted to program files where game is and had to manually update the patch by selecting the desc.addon file-which I could only see by making the updater show all files in that core file where the August patch is stored.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 02:39:56 AM by dane49 » Logged
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2012, 02:20:32 AM »

To create a new profile-

When game first opens Player Profile will be at top of list(1st line item).
Cick on it to open new profile page.

Then click on green plus sign and type in new name and press enter to create a new profile for your game.

I think some of the problems for updating stems from the fact that your game stores memory from your previous campaign games in your player profile,so when you update with that memory stored,it creates a problem for the new updates.

Which is why I always erase and clean start from scratch each time a new engine and patch comes out.

And only test using quick battles.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 02:30:06 AM by dane49 » Logged
WCG
Oberleutnant

« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2012, 04:16:11 AM »

I did a clean erase and reinstall for the August patch.(I do this everytime a new engine or patch comes out to erase all memory from my previous player profile that is stored from past campaign play)

OK, thanks, but I didn't have anything to erase. I've never had the game installed on this computer before. So I did basically the same thing you described, with the exception of installing the 5.77 engine (that's not the one in the basic install of the game, then?).

And since I can't start the game, I can't create a new profile, not that I ever had an old one (although there is a folder in the "profiles" folder - I assume the game creates that automatically?).

But I'll uninstall the game, then reinstall it. I'll check at each step to make sure it works. I can always stick with the May patches, if August won't work for me. Of course, that would mean I'd have to do all this a third time. I'm really beginning to think that it's not worth the effort, especially from your description of what you have to go through every time there's a new patch!

But thanks for the help.
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2012, 04:58:31 AM »

5.77 engine (that's not the one in the basic install of the game, then?).

No, 5.75 is the engine that comes with core game to where only 1 platoon can set up in each grid.

The 5.77 engine allows you to put multiple platoons in each grid at set up.

Yes,this game is a pain in the ass for me to patch,but I'm basically a computer dumb ass. 

I have no idea how I get this thing to work for me and it usually is trial and error till something takes that eventually gets me the results I'm looking for.

You really need to like this game(which I do)to go thru this every 3 or so months.

PS.You are assigned a profile at the initial start up of game,but you can create multiple profiles if you like and delete old ones also.

« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 05:01:14 AM by dane49 » Logged
Lemonade
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2012, 01:17:13 AM »

I think I've accidentally discovered a bug. Although it isn't directly connected to the August patch, I think it's worth mentioning nevertheless. If you enter an operation and press ESC key during loading of a district, the game will crash right after the district loading progress reaches 100%.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 01:21:22 AM by Lemonade » Logged
WCG
Oberleutnant

« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2012, 08:56:14 PM »

If you use Win7 dont install game to Program Files.

Oops! I just saw this. Why not? I've got the game installed to Program Files (x86)\Achtung Panzer Operation Star. Is that OK? And if not, why not indicate that when installing the game?

Frankly, I just got Windows 7, and I don't have a clue why I have both a Program Files and a Program Files (x86) folder! But so far, games have been installing to the later, so that's the one I used for this game, too. I hope that's OK.

I'm still struggling to get the game to work, but I started a new thread, so I wouldn't keep hijacking this one. Thanks for your patience! Smiley

andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #37 on: October 24, 2012, 09:46:52 PM »

Oops! I just saw this. Why not? I've got the game installed to Program Files (x86)\Achtung Panzer Operation Star. Is that OK? And if not, why not indicate that when installing the game?
Win7 does not permit to replace files in this folder to the installer, which we use. On some PCs configs|user rights.

Program Files (x86) it's may be Ok.

If ever we will have the time and resources to make their own installer (or switch to another one), then the problem is solved.

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #38 on: October 24, 2012, 09:47:51 PM »

I think I've accidentally discovered a bug. Although it isn't directly connected to the August patch, I think it's worth mentioning nevertheless. If you enter an operation and press ESC key during loading of a district, the game will crash right after the district loading progress reaches 100%.

We can't reproduce this bug.

WCG
Oberleutnant

« Reply #39 on: October 24, 2012, 10:43:07 PM »

If ever we will have the time and resources to make their own installer (or switch to another one), then the problem is solved.

Why can't you just WARN players about which folder to use in the readme file (at the very top of the file)? If the game won't work when installed in Program Files, why not just tell people that? I don't understand why you'd have to make your own installer, when you could just tell the people who purchase your game how it should be installed.

And as long as I'm ranting, next time you make a tutorial, PLEASE let us follow along at our own pace! I was lost right from the start, when - apparently - instructions flashed onto the screen about how to start and stop the tutorial (maybe even pause it?) without giving me time to even take notes. It really can't help to infuriate your customers right from the start, can it? Smiley

The game looks like fun, if I can ever get to play it (and I've owned it since last January). I think I've got it working now, so maybe I'll finally get to find out.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: