Graviteam
April 26, 2024, 04:21:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
  Print  
Author Topic: Autumn mo(o)d  (Read 84150 times)
lajcak
Hauptmann

« on: November 08, 2010, 06:32:33 AM »

In an autumn mood? Try this mod for your missions...

http://www.4shared.com/file/mXyvcltQ/Autumn_mod.html

a reworked version of winter (no snow) mod. It includes new sky textures, new mild snow texture instead of rain, frozen rivers and many changes in trees, bushes, and grasses...

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21759457/Winter_no+snow+mod_v1.zip

« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 10:31:26 PM by lajcak » Logged
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2010, 11:24:54 AM »

Hi,

You have to store your pictures at an image-hosting site, and then link them here.

I use Picasa, but there may be other user-friendly choices like flickr, tinypic etc.etc.

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
lajcak
Hauptmann

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2010, 11:55:55 AM »

Thanks Kyth, here it goes...

http://img844.imageshack.us/g/shot201011071223190001.jpg/

Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2010, 06:41:03 PM »

This is great stuff!  Smiley

My favourite shots:

"Yes."
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2010, 10:22:48 PM »

Interesting! I've a question - does it mean that I've to replace the textures and all missions will be only at autumn colors?
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 11:36:22 AM by lockie » Logged

Provocative signature removed
lajcak
Hauptmann

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2010, 10:41:09 PM »

Yeap, all missions will turn to autumn colors. Use JSMGE mod-enabler (but sometime to recover original skins I have to deleate them manualy from "data" folder in game's main directory...). You could incorporate the mod into a particular mission. Actually it was my idea that this mod can be used by those of you who make missions and want to have not only a spring-time environment... 
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2010, 12:36:20 AM »

Well, it sounds a bit ridiculous.

Provocative signature removed
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2010, 09:23:22 AM »

Hi everyone,

I think it works on the same principle as the 'Winter Mod' i.e. the standard Spring & Summer landscape and tree textures are replaced, as needed.

The Autumn Mod can be activated / deactivated using the JSGME, as mentioned  Smiley

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2010, 02:52:46 PM »

Bravo Kyth, I was hoping myself that somebody would do that as I love autumn colours and I don't really tick on the winter mod( it's too monotonous ;no snowfall, no ice , no flakes gently falling , no winter blizzard etc).I loev early autmumn and you have made my dream come true! You are truly a great asset to SF.

PS I have 33 beta 1.5 battles lined-up for you.I just made some minor chnages to some and I have to write some breif etxt so you know what each is about.I'll email you first some basic instructions.Do you have the unofficial 1.5 mod and Steel panzer 1.4?Huh?

Many thanks for your great contributions!

Regards

Frinik Smiley
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2010, 02:55:11 PM »

OOOOPs sorry I goofed it's Lajcak who made that mod. My aoplogies to him and thank you Lajcak.What  said to Kyth is also meant for you.This is a great contribution which fulfills one of my dreams....

Kyth sorry and hope I did not embarrass you?Huh? Embarrassed
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2010, 03:46:59 PM »

Cheesy

LOL!

No problem, Frinik.

And Lajcak, thanks for the mod!

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2010, 05:29:48 PM »

Kyth do you have multiple versions of SF with SP 1.4 and unofficial 1.5 mods?

Frinik

Lacjak, one question if you make a user-made mission using your autumn mod and then play it without enabling it with JSGME will it revert to a summer-spring one???

Thanks to both

Frinik
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2010, 06:17:37 PM »

Frinik

Well, no,

haven't had the need for that yet,

"Yes."
Txema
Generalmajor

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2010, 07:52:46 PM »

Lajcak,

Thank you very much for your mod. It looks very nice !!

Smiley

Txema
lajcak
Hauptmann

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2010, 10:47:28 PM »

Nice to hear that you guys like autumn:)
Regarding your question Frink.  Honestly I do not know but I hope that if the autumn mod is included in a user-made mission it will work only within it. I have not tried it though. As I mentioned before I have sometimes problems with retaining the autumn skins even if I disable the mod (and then I have to remove manually their copies from game’s main directory). But I have same problems with other mods that I have allowed and then disabled in JSMGE, sometimes skins remain in the main directory...

Frinik

Lacjak, one question if you make a user-made mission using your autumn mod and then play it without enabling it with JSGME will it revert to a summer-spring one???

Thanks to both

Frinik
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2010, 10:03:37 AM »

Hi Lajcak( the name sounds Polish or Ukrainian), definitely a great mod. I installed it on half my SF instals and it really creates a great atmosphere especially in some missions with rain or gloomy skies.Coudl you briefly tell me how you did it , what folders did you modify how did you make the changes to the foliage etc so I could perhaps tinker with game and try to create a real winter mod with blizzards, ice snow flakes etc.

Cheers
lajcak
Hauptmann

« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2010, 02:14:14 AM »

Hi Lajcak( the name sounds Polish or Ukrainian), definitely a great mod. I installed it on half my SF instals and it really creates a great atmosphere especially in some missions with rain or gloomy skies.Coudl you briefly tell me how you did it , what folders did you modify how did you make the changes to the foliage etc so I could perhaps tinker with game and try to create a real winter mod with blizzards, ice snow flakes etc.

Cheers

Hi Frink,
thanks for your comments. Basically I photoshopped skins in "landscape" and "flora" folders (previously extracted by Resource editor from "tex_pack2.datapack"...). It took me a few hours. It was somehow tricky because the engine uses different skins for same trees, bush, etc. depending on a distance (thus I marked all skins with big shinny numbers to see how they are related to each other in the game...).
I am thinking about all four seasons yet the winter one would be the most difficult I would say... Bump maps should be modified completely... Let’s try...
I played around uniform, equipment, and armor skins as well... I will post some of them for downloading I guess...

Good luck!

lajcak
(also sounds Slovak, but I am not:))

Rends
Generalmajor

« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2010, 02:41:39 AM »

This mod looks nice!

Can i make a suggestion?
Why not edit a couple of tress having less or no leaves. Would make it more realistic and give the mod a final touch.

Fight blood cancer register at : http://www.dkmsamericas.org/
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2010, 01:02:43 PM »

This mod looks nice!
Can i make a suggestion?
Why not edit a couple of tress having less or no leaves. Would make it more realistic and give the mod a final touch

This is exactly what I was going to suggest.Also would it be possible to have fallen leaves on the ground?One little note; the trees in the background look undetailed, blotchy as if they have been painted over?I compared them with the stock trees of the game and definitely those look more detailed.Is this a result of your mod?How about leaves falling off the trees?Would that be complicated to implement?

Definitely a great enhancement! I have adopted it and I find it suits very well the mood of grey, blustery skies in the some of the missions I play. Smiley
lajcak
Hauptmann

« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2010, 09:27:15 PM »

Some of the suggestions are possible to implement... If I play with bump maps and alfa channels I am able to reduce the level of high grass on the ground as well as number of leaves on the trees... Leaves can be also added to the ground, scattered in orchards and woods. Background trees could be reskinned, no problem... Yet I have no idea how to make leaves fall off the trees Sad
All in all it will take some time... And true is that an icy winter is knocking on the door:)   
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
  Print  

Jump to: