Graviteam
April 25, 2024, 07:10:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
  Print  
Author Topic: Autumn mo(o)d  (Read 84143 times)
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2010, 11:06:24 AM »

I am almost playing exclusively with your autumn mod on....

Especially on my laptop which has a bright screen(trubrite or whatever it's called) the colours and the foliage look stunning.

Great work Man! AS for the leaves falling off nothing a couple of 88mm shells can't help Grin

Cheers
lajcak
Hauptmann

« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2010, 12:03:41 AM »

Have you been suggesting this!?
Worki in progress:

http://img838.imageshack.us/g/shot201012032017190002.jpg/

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2010, 01:10:53 PM »

Absolutely Lajcak! Work well done! However the question is would it be part of a separate mod called late autumn or something?

Definitely impressive...Are we on our way to the Four Seasons of SF by Lajcak Grin

Cheers
lajcak
Hauptmann

« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2010, 05:10:31 AM »

Absolutely Lajcak! Work well done! However the question is would it be part of a separate mod called late autumn or something?

Definitely impressive...Are we on our way to the Four Seasons of SF by Lajcak Grin

Cheers

Smiley, Yes it's gonna be a late autumn mod...
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2010, 01:19:07 PM »

Jqjcak do you think you'd be able to create or rather turn the game stock maps into desert type ones? Removing the vegetation and replacing it with sand or changing the fir trees for date palm ones?
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2010, 12:43:13 PM »

Lajcak would it be OK with you if I post the download link to your autumn mod on the SF Resources sticky of the SubSim HQ forum? A lot of us including Kyth and Rends post there.You have a lot of SF fans active on the tank sim subforum of SubSim HQ.

Cheers
lajcak
Hauptmann

« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2011, 04:47:44 AM »

Lajcak would it be OK with you if I post the download link to your autumn mod on the SF Resources sticky of the SubSim HQ forum? A lot of us including Kyth and Rends post there.You have a lot of SF fans active on the tank sim subforum of SubSim HQ.

Cheers

Sure, feel free to post it... A few new screens from a current work!

http://img213.imageshack.us/g/shot201012281644310007.jpg/

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2011, 08:05:24 AM »

Nice pics! I 'll have to post my best pics with your autmn mod on which btw I have installed on all 7 of my versions of the game and which I play exclusively on 4 of these (i,e, no more summer scenarios for me).

Good work!Looking forward to late autumn mod( isn't it what's depicted on your pics???) Smiley
lajcak
Hauptmann

« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2011, 04:50:03 AM »

Nice pics! I 'll have to post my best pics with your autmn mod on which btw I have installed on all 7 of my versions of the game and which I play exclusively on 4 of these (i,e, no more summer scenarios for me).

Good work!Looking forward to late autumn mod( isn't it what's depicted on your pics???) Smiley

Smiley Yes Frink, you are right, pics are from the late autumn mod... Lots of work though, most textures of foliage would be reworked completely.
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2011, 03:52:49 AM »

Hi Lajcak!

I was reading old posts again and then I remembered your late autumn mod? BTW your autumn mod is on the lsit of mods available on the tanksim.org.ru download site!This is great!

Did you give up on it?Or is it still work in progress?

Cheers
lajcak
Hauptmann

« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2011, 07:32:50 PM »

Hi Frinik,
I am almost done with the late autumn... It could be possible to download the mod in a few weeks I guess:).
Some new pictures for now!

http://img862.imageshack.us/g/shot201102142129220003.jpg/

lajcak
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2011, 07:11:50 AM »

Very nice pics Lajcak! I am happy to note that you Autmn mod is available of the tanksim.org.ru webload site.This means that it's highly appreciated and rightfully so. Smiley

One funny side effect of you autumn mod .If I want to play desert mod type missions I have to disenable it otherwise I find forests of thickets of wood in mid fall colour on top of the sand dunes or hills!!!!Quite a funny mix...

Another interesting but probably unintended side-effect; whenever I play a summer made mission with your autumn mod enabled the weather seems to turn an autmon mood; misty or foggy horizon, sky takes on a leaden-grey tinge and the grass turns yellowish.This is really fanttastic because with your mod on you really have the feel of autumn and you can almost feel the chill in the air even if if the weather is hot outside( my case).Great mood and game enhancer!Eagerly looking forward to your late fall mod!

Cheers
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2011, 08:56:22 AM »

Great work and thanks again, Lajcak,

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
lajcak
Hauptmann

« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2011, 12:13:33 AM »

All right guys, I finished work on my new autumn mod... Generally speaking, all textures are brand new or reworked. I tried to follow your suggestions regarding the late autumn features and feelings...

The late autumn can be downloaded here:
http://www.4shared.com/file/rsgiKy2a/Autumn_late_mod.html

It works as usual. Unizip into MODS folder and activate in JSMGE... U 

And here are some pictures:
http://img215.imageshack.us/g/shot201104022310400002.jpg/

I hope that you will enjoy the new mod! Hide in colorful woods and defend the Mother Russia!
Ready for snow??? Smiley

norm
Oberst

« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2011, 12:52:51 AM »

Yes, and do it well! (if only we could work out how to nick the vehicle textures from Achtung Panzer.)
POW
Major

« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2011, 01:21:23 AM »

Very nice work. It's looking good.

The question:

Is the texture data built in the engine or the terrain?
For example, one terrain called "X" does have the name of the textures that will use to paint the terrain?
Or the terrain engine/generator choose the textures? (some textures for the sand, some for the vegetation,etc... but without the possibility of choosing the textures you want to use)
Is it possible to add more textures for the terrain?

If the terrain includes the name of the textures it will be possible to have all the seasons in the same installation (making variants of the terrains/maps) For example, Prokhorovka map spring uses florax.dds and Prokhorovka map autumn uses floray.dds.
I asked this question before but nobody was able to reply.
Where i can get info about this question?
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 01:31:16 AM by POW » Logged
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2011, 02:02:37 AM »

Just thinking out loud here, this is pure speculation, but for a dedicated autumn or winter map / mission:

• I think the 'Land' materials can be added on for autumn and winter in the Matlib.engcfg file.
    Then you could edit the relevant entry in the '.poly' file and generate a map using the new seasonal materials.
  • I'm not sure about the vegetation yet.
  • And, as mentioned earlier, it's possible to add duplicate tank / vehicle / human models that utilize winter camo.

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2011, 02:47:17 AM »

Excellent not to say outstanding hard work Lacjak! Wink

Just going to download it1

However I ll fight against Mother Russia for the Glory of the Vaterland ! Late Russian autumn weather permitting of course.

Cheers and thanks!
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2011, 01:21:06 PM »

Damned I am gettin a broken link all the time! May be a temporary problem? Has anybody been ab Embarrassedle to successfully download the mod?
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #39 on: April 11, 2011, 01:44:30 PM »

It's okay for me, just downloaded it,

"Yes."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
  Print  

Jump to: