Graviteam
March 29, 2024, 11:27:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello from a new user and a question  (Read 5014 times)
joea
Oberleutnant

« on: November 16, 2010, 04:56:50 PM »

Hello all, after a recent hardware upgrade finally managed to purchase and play Steel Fury. Fantastic!! Very well done and a big change from flying or commanding subs (my other sim preoccupations).

I have two questions.

1) At the end of a mission, the game shows you where you where hit and by what. Problem is I often can't make sense of the symbols or naming to figure out what ammo actually did me in. Is there anywhere to find that info?

2) Always been a big fan of the T-34 but I do like having the chance to drive a Pz-IV. (Looking forward to drive some of the mods as well). Minor annoyance-welll maybe not so much-is that the loader and gunner have two vision slits that can open and close. When I play the gunner I usually close it as I only need my sight. I noticed they tend to leave it open even in combat-I once got hit by a 37 mm AA that seemed to have shot through the slits (I guess they had armoured glass but still) and incapacitated both. The AI seems to like to open them even when I close them manaully once I switch to those positions. Is there any way to force them closed, like with the "close all hatches" commande (6 key)? Even if it gives the gunner a visual handicap.
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2010, 05:10:20 AM »

Hi,

Regarding the damage report, the details are explained in the sticky here:

http://graviteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=4.0

I have found that the vision ports are badly under-armoured for the Pz IV. Later on, you may want to try out my modified armour maps.

They can be downloaded here:
http://www.4shared.com/file/UszK11Cx/NewArmorMaps.html

Wink

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2010, 07:13:49 AM »

You'll find that info in the User Manual which along with the Encyclopedia, the Mission Editor manual is located in one of your game's folders.It's an interesting read and you'll likely find most of the answers to your questions.

To open and close all hatches in the tank you have to press the 6 ( not the num pad one) key according to the user manual.
'
Lastly make sure you get all the various mods, single and user-made missions which have made this tank sim the best WWII tank sim currently available on the market.
joea
Oberleutnant

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2010, 09:01:44 PM »

Thanks gents I looked at the various mods-and will download and try them-including the new armour maps. Thanks again.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: