Graviteam
March 29, 2024, 03:44:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 22
  Print  
Author Topic: March 2013 update (news and discussion)  (Read 199089 times)
Void
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #40 on: December 10, 2012, 06:30:57 PM »

but how but a pz38t?  LOL. 

Being Czech...thumbs up Wink
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #41 on: December 10, 2012, 06:35:33 PM »

I like early war stuff too,but my favorite tank is the Panther and it isn't in this game and I was hoping that it would be added in the near future to fill that empty Russian front gaming void that I have wanted in this game from the 1st day I purchased and played this game.

When I think tanks on the Russian front 4 tanks immediately come to mind-T-34,KVs,Tigers and Panthers.

Obviously they weren't the only tanks on this front but they played very important roles and not having any one of them sort of leaves an empty feeling for me.

The Panther has always been the 1 tank that I associate with the German army that stands out most when I think of German tank warfare during WW2.It was truly a very remarkable tank for its time and unique in both its design and appearance.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 07:09:26 PM by Dane49 » Logged
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #42 on: December 10, 2012, 06:49:13 PM »

Having the Panther in this game would be very very good and go a long way in boosting a greater interest for this title IMHO.
Okay. Convinced, so we do an experiment soon, it really is.  Grin

I want to hear about this experiment.... Huh? Tongue

Yabba dabba do
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #43 on: December 10, 2012, 06:57:16 PM »

Having the Panther in this game would be very very good and go a long way in boosting a greater interest for this title IMHO.

Stay tuned - after NY  Grin

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
wodin
Generalleutnant

« Reply #44 on: December 10, 2012, 07:06:56 PM »

Me too...As I said at Sim HQ..Andrey is a big tease..
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #45 on: December 10, 2012, 08:05:28 PM »

Some new icons
http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3696418/Re_APOS_March_2013_update_news.html#Post3696418

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #46 on: December 10, 2012, 08:38:45 PM »

WW2 German icons-I could never understand them very well. I prefer NATO unit icons-much easier to read.
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #47 on: December 10, 2012, 08:46:17 PM »

WW2 German icons-I could never understand them very well. I prefer NATO unit icons-much easier to read.
You can not play with the Panthers and not to use these icons - unhistorical  Grin

But nevertheless, everyone is able to choose icons itself - Standard / Red Army/ Wehrmacht / NATO  Cheesy

Void
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #48 on: December 10, 2012, 08:47:52 PM »

Looking good! I can´t wait.
I hope it will be soon.
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #49 on: December 10, 2012, 08:51:40 PM »

I know and understand them all,but find the NATO ones easier to understand,and easier on the eyes as well.
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #50 on: December 10, 2012, 11:49:33 PM »

You can not play with the Panthers and not to use these icons - unhistorical  Grin

But nevertheless, everyone is able to choose icons itself - Standard / Red Army/ Wehrmacht / NATO  Cheesy

Well if your going into that much depth and detail over authenticity,then you might as well go all the way and only include the historic period maps that each side had to reference,and not the one that is displayed now in all its fine and accurate satellite detail.Since I'm not really an authenticity freak as far as complete detailed accuracy on every aspect of this simulation ,I still prefer the clean and easily read NATO symbols to go with the clean looking and accurate map display we now have.

Though the NATO symbols are to be taken as my own personal preference I'm not totally against the others.I just like NATO better since I'm more comfortable with NATO symbolics(Is symbolics a word?)I think I meant symbology. Grin

I look at it this way.I'm an American who is used to and comfortable with NATO symbols to convey military map intelligence.I'm not German or Russian and when I play either side I play as an American commanding foreign troops and would expect my staff to convey the information they gather and present to me in a way I'm most comfortable with.(or I will fire, dismiss and replace their little disobedient pixel asses  Grin)
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 07:43:20 AM by Dane49 » Logged
wodin
Generalleutnant

« Reply #51 on: December 11, 2012, 12:20:07 AM »

Dane as I said at Sim HQ the map thing is going abit to far...also it wouldn't make sense and make the game unplayable.

Anyway we all get the symbols we want so thats cool. I for one think the WW2 symbols look better than the NATO ones..something quite stylish about them..also far more variety I think. I don't actually know them that well..but I'm more than willing to learn.

You play as an American leading foreign troops?? WOW..never heard someone imagining that before..I'm (in my head) what ever nation I'm commanding in a game..your certainly not bothered about authenticity. I think if a game is set during a specific war it should strive to be as authentic as possible no matter the scale..infact I'm not sure why you think it isn't important at the tactical scale.

Anyway different strokes for different folks..but I think were on the opposite end of the spectrum:)

Andrey your recent screenshots are superb. Though I disagree with some aspects and changes you make you certainly make up for it with other chnages\additions\features.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 12:28:45 AM by wodin » Logged
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #52 on: December 11, 2012, 12:27:11 AM »

Well as I stated earlier I'm not against the other symbols it's more of a personal preference,I've studied countless period maps from German and Russian map archives,so I'm familiar with all the symbols used by each side during the war but when I look at them my mind translates them back to NATO symbols,so it kind of makes sense for me to just have NATO symbols to look at when I play the game.It would be just as uncomfortable if playing as the German or Russian side if all the game info was displayed in the native language of the two sides,that  level of historic authenticity I could do without also since I would still have to translate everything back to English,even if I were to learn those two languages.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 01:19:03 AM by Dane49 » Logged
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #53 on: December 11, 2012, 02:04:18 AM »

You play as an American leading foreign troops?? WOW..never heard someone imagining that before..I'm (in my head) what ever nation I'm commanding in a game..your certainly not bothered about authenticity. I think if a game is set during a specific war it should strive to be as authentic as possible no matter the scale..infact I'm not sure why you think it isn't important at the tactical scale.

I was raised in the United States,not Russia or Germany their culture though familiar,is still as foreign to me as the Chinese or French.I have no idea how to think like one of them that in any way would not be interpreted or considered as anything more than stereotypical.So trying to crawl inside their heads and act like one of them in this game would hardly pass for either authentic or realistic in my opinnion.

I mostly play this game as the Germans since I am more familiar with the German way of warfare during WW2 and the similarities it shares with the American style of waging war at the tactical level(doctrine and organization).Also most of the history of the war on the Russian front I've read in my life came primarily from German sources translated to English,which makes the Germans less foreign to me than the Russians.

Still,I'm an American who served in my countrys' military and I am used to and more comfortable with the way Americans conduct war,and find it much easier to play as an American commanding foreign troops than as a German or Russian commanding their respective native forces.Trying to act in that capacity for me  would be neither historic or authentic.

I guess what I'm saying is that I've come to the conclusion that since I'm not Russian or German and have no idea what it's like to be either,than I'd prefer to play a more Americanised version of the game to make it easier and more enjoyable without the extra authentic details that more or less amount to basically window dressing and only tends to bog the game down for me by adding too much attention to detail.

« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 07:20:33 AM by Dane49 » Logged
Capt Sam
Major

« Reply #54 on: December 11, 2012, 03:24:39 AM »

Excellent!  Now for an important question:

Are the Germans always blue and the Soviets always red?
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #55 on: December 11, 2012, 03:44:39 AM »

I believe the enemy is always blue.

Missouri_Rebel
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #56 on: December 11, 2012, 03:54:11 AM »

Am I to understand that we will be getting NATO symbols? I sure hope so.
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #57 on: December 11, 2012, 04:00:40 AM »

I always liked the symbols from the Panzer Blitz/Panzer Leader games that Avalon Hill put out.
Take a look at the platoon icons for the counters on this site.
Vehicle silhouettes look cool too.

http://www.imaginative-strategist.layfigures.com/IMSTRAT%20PB%20Counter.html
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 04:03:34 AM by Dane49 » Logged
wodin
Generalleutnant

« Reply #58 on: December 11, 2012, 07:05:49 PM »

I always liked the symbols from the Panzer Blitz/Panzer Leader games that Avalon Hill put out.
Take a look at the platoon icons for the counters on this site.
Vehicle silhouettes look cool too.

http://www.imaginative-strategist.layfigures.com/IMSTRAT%20PB%20Counter.html

Hehe..again I prefer something different on my wargame counters for tanks..I prefer top down view than side on or 3d effect some are these days..
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #59 on: December 11, 2012, 07:20:27 PM »

Top down is fine with me for displaying single tanks but for whole platoons I prefer the side view,with the tank that is most prevalent or dominant in the unit being displayed on the counter to represent that particular platoon.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 22
  Print  

Jump to: