Graviteam
March 29, 2024, 09:49:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 22
  Print  
Author Topic: March 2013 update (news and discussion)  (Read 199084 times)
Schuck
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #60 on: December 11, 2012, 09:27:39 PM »

Whukid,
You are correct in what you say, blue was always the enemy during this period.
But if you are using NATO symbols, then blue is used for NATO forces and Orange for Warsaw Pact Nations.
Hence the term Blue on Blue.
Thumbs up for getting to choose what you prefere though. Grin
Andrey, Love the map icons by the way, but just a thought, would you have such detailed information (down to platoon size) of your enemies forces? Obvoiusly you would know your own.
Maybe you could choose at what level to show enemy  icons on the map? Regiment, Battalion, Company, Platoon, Squad.
But much better in any case.
Just the "in game" ones to sort out now! Wink
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #61 on: December 12, 2012, 11:47:09 AM »

Features
Automatic indirect fire control (part 1)

part 2

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Void
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #62 on: December 12, 2012, 12:24:21 PM »

Looks good, but I hope I will know how to do it Cheesy
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #63 on: December 12, 2012, 12:36:50 PM »

Looks good, but I hope I will know how to do it Cheesy
Of course, all will know how to do it. Its full automatic in all aspects. From player is required just the right logistics and placement.
If you notice, in video no any commands to user troops, only to the enemy - that he must go on the attack  Grin.

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Void
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #64 on: December 12, 2012, 12:58:36 PM »

OK Wink

So in March testing, in April release to public?

And the Mius front will be released in late 2013?
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #65 on: December 12, 2012, 01:40:52 PM »

OK Wink

So in March testing, in April release to public?

And the Mius front will be released in late 2013?
Almost this is planning  Grin

Void
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #66 on: December 12, 2012, 02:38:10 PM »

Perfect Wink Thanks
Beelzeboss
Oberleutnant

« Reply #67 on: December 12, 2012, 02:40:40 PM »

I have just bought Achtung Panzer and I'm very impressed. For many years my favorite war game was Combat Mission and now i think new king has arrised Smiley but i have to complain a bit Smiley

First after patching shadows become way too dark. Usually it looks good (but unnatural i think) but in dense woods i see only black hole instead of terrain. It look. Can I do with this something?

I have just play a battle where my platoon supported by 37mm at guns was attacked by infantry and KVs. These monsters breakthrough the lines and get close to my hidden guns. 2 of them where less then 100 m from a gun, still the gun didn't fire. I know that they had very little chance to harm KWs but well, they have no choice. I have tried priority target or cover arc but they only aim at the tanks and wait until KW smashed them Los was clear it's not the first time when my guns refused to fire.

And few thoughts about game. I thnik there should be some sort of ambush order(or defence order should be more precise). I don't know how to say that, my English is poor. When i use defence order and want to ambush enemy in small woods the team is often to spread out and many soldiers instead of hidding in woods lay on an open terrain. Then the advancing enemy see may soldiers and shoots first. This not supposed to happen.  Soldiers should hide and observe enemy and then open fire at close range while enemy is on open ground

Second thing. Game is trying to be automated and restrict micromanagement but orders given to whole platoons are often not working good. Or maybe I just issuing wrong orders, what is very possible Smiley When I order infantry platoon to move closer the enemy positions before assault there is often situation where HQ goes first, rest is somewhere behind. I think it shouldn't work like this

And last thing. It would be good for game if the order system was something like in Airborne Assault/ Command Ops, where we can deffine such things like frontage and depth of formation and many more. I think this system is more precise then Achtung Panzer and could be good in this game. I hope you can understand me Smiley Any one who played Airborne Assault should know. For example we can order our platoon to defend some place and define dimensions of defending area. Then the "commander" will relocate his subordinates using our guidelines and within defined area.
Also I would like to see "defend and retreat" order. Same like in Airborne Assault player could define place where unit whould defend and then after taking too much fire retreat to next planned positions.

But still this game rules Smiley

Sorry I'm not sure what happened. it supposed to be in different threat, my bad
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 02:48:40 PM by Beelzeboss » Logged
wodin
Generalleutnant

« Reply #68 on: December 12, 2012, 04:34:03 PM »

Beezle..you will get used to it..you can set up ambush using fire arc..however this game is one where you don't have ultimate control over your pixeltruppen...which I don't mind so much...
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #69 on: December 12, 2012, 04:59:40 PM »

When I order infantry platoon to move closer the enemy positions before assault there is often situation where HQ goes first, rest is somewhere behind.

After issuing the assault order to the platoon,try issuing a new order to the HQ-like recon or defend,the HQ will not move as fast as the rest of the platoon and follow more behind them.I find I have to micro manage the HQ a bit when issuing orders to whole platoons to keep the HQ from taking the lead.

Usually when I assault a position I only send 2 squads from the platoon to do it and have 1 squad + any support weapons that are attached to the platoon lay down supressive fire and the HQ  I order just short of the position I intend to assault behind the assault squads.

Regardless of how much the game is trying to get us away from micro-managing,I still find that the AI isn't a very good judge of the best tactical choices and a fair amount of micro management is still required to get the desired results.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 10:10:16 PM by Dane49 » Logged
Beelzeboss
Oberleutnant

« Reply #70 on: December 12, 2012, 06:41:49 PM »

wodin:
Fire arc give me nothing in this case. Problem is that units sometimes are deployed outside the cover and this makes them visible to enemy. I don't know how to go around this.

Dane49- yes, I do pretty much the same way. But it would be nice if this would work like in Airborne Assault. For example when we give march order to  platoon AI will place some squads as vanguard in front and one in back as a rear guard and HQ and heavy support weapon in the middle of formation. It would be nice

BTW is there any one else having problems with black shadows or maybe it's something with my graphic card?
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #71 on: December 12, 2012, 06:56:41 PM »

Fire arc give me nothing in this case. Problem is that units sometimes are deployed outside the cover and this makes them visible to enemy. I don't know how to go around this.

Please upload a screenshot with this issue.

Dane49- yes, I do pretty much the same way. But it would be nice if this would work like in Airborne Assault. For example when we give march order to  platoon AI will place some squads as vanguard in front and one in back as a rear guard and HQ and heavy support weapon in the middle of formation. It would be nice
Its not suitable if user can control separate squads in a realistic landscape with realistic physic. AA has a greater degree of abstraction and equal more to operational phase of the APOS, not a tactical battle (in terms of APOS).

BTW is there any one else having problems with black shadows or maybe it's something with my graphic card?

Computer graphics is trying to cram the entire visible range of the human eye in a very narrow range that the monitor can display. There are two ways - through sacrifice contrast or shades of black/white. We chose the first as more (in our opinion) realistic. Because the low contrast is wrong at all.
Use HDR option and this issue will be with dynamic adoptation.

wodin
Generalleutnant

« Reply #72 on: December 12, 2012, 07:56:56 PM »

Beezle they should find cover if you give the find cover order..ambushes are best when your either hidden in buildings or in a  forest..get the defense sorted during set up..
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #73 on: December 12, 2012, 08:05:11 PM »

It could be the card your settings or the camera angle you are viewing from in the game.

I find when I'm playing the game with the optimal settings and shaders that to get the best viewing with the camera I have to make sure that the sun is behind the camera when viewing just like in real life.

One of the first things I do when beginning a battle is lock on a unit or vehicle and rotate the camera around that certain unit till I get the best view.Then I mainly view the battle from that angle.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 08:18:45 PM by Dane49 » Logged
Beelzeboss
Oberleutnant

« Reply #74 on: December 12, 2012, 08:23:36 PM »

Please upload a screenshot with this issue.

I don't have screenshot if situation would repeat next time i will make one.

Beezle they should find cover if you give the find cover order..ambushes are best when your either hidden in buildings or in a  forest..get the defense sorted during set up..

Yes, they should but sometimes they think that grass is better then forest Smiley

It could be the card your settings or the camera angle you are viewing from in the game.

I find when I'm playing the game with the optimal settings and shaders that to get the best viewing with the camera I have to make sure that the sun is behind the camera when viewing just like in real life.

One of the first things I do when beginning a battle is lock on a unit or vehicle and rotate the camera around that certain unit till I get the best view.Then I view the battle from that angle.
This is an example of black shadows:

Usually it looks good but in dense forest it's black and it looks horrible. Angle has now influence on this.

And one more question: Why this gun refused to fire?
wodin
Generalleutnant

« Reply #75 on: December 12, 2012, 08:36:46 PM »

That gun is destroyed...

The black shadows..make sure your AA setting is set to Application only in your graphic card settings..also make sure any of the direct x 11 settings are off you may have on like morphological.. and enable surface format optimization is off aswell (thats an ATI\AMD setting). I'd mess around with the ingame graphic settings for shadows aswell..

I have a decent card but my game doesn't look as good as Andreys vids..Most likely due to AA not being that great in game so you need a hi res monitor..mine is only 19inch at 1440x900.I have all settings at their highest..but when I look at Andreys vids it must be due to my low res monitor.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 08:40:30 PM by wodin » Logged
Beelzeboss
Oberleutnant

« Reply #76 on: December 12, 2012, 09:00:10 PM »

That gun is destroyed...

well... sure it is Smiley but before that gun aimed at the tank but did not fired. I gave them priority target and fire cover but they only stare at them. It's not the first time

http://The black shadows..make sure your AA setting is set to Application only in your graphic card settings..also make sure any of the direct x 11 settings are off you may have on like morphological.. and enable surface format optimization is off aswell (thats an ATI\AMD setting). I'd mess around with the ingame graphic settings for shadows aswell..

I have a decent card but my game doesn't look as good as Andreys vids..Most likely due to AA not being that great in game so you need a hi res monitor..mine is only 19inch at 1440x900.I have all settings at their highest..but when I look at Andreys vids it must be due to my low res monitor.

I play on balanced settings, game still looks good but it's faster on my laptop
AA is set to application only. I don't know how to turn off Dx 11 settings. Also i don't know where to find surface format optimiziation, my ATI Catalyst Control Center is in Polish so maybe i see it but don't recognize that Wink
Txema
Generalmajor

« Reply #77 on: December 12, 2012, 09:14:49 PM »

Do you have the "shading" option in APOS set to "enabled" ?

Please check it !!

Txema
wodin
Generalleutnant

« Reply #78 on: December 12, 2012, 09:44:39 PM »

Beezle I see similar things with targeting but there maybe LOS or sighting issues..thats what I out it down too..or they maybe suppressed or in panic..plus I think quality and moral may come into play on spotting and how quickly they react etc. Probably loads of variables.
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #79 on: December 12, 2012, 10:26:16 PM »

Andrey,

Do I understand this correctly-That Sinyavino 42 DLC will be released for sale along with March 2013 patch(In April maybe) and Mius front game to be released at the end of 2013?

If no unexpected problems arise will only 2 DLCs be released for sale next year?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 22
  Print  

Jump to: