Graviteam
March 28, 2024, 11:36:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Just installed... a few questions guys?  (Read 15711 times)
minimi66
Major

« on: November 12, 2012, 06:55:44 PM »

Hi all,

I have just finished installing SFK42 and all the main update patches and mods and when i go into the Game Options > Main Settings to set up video etc the System settings screen has a Troubleshooting message telling me my system has less than 128MB of video memory and is unlikely to run the game, underneath that is another similar message saying my system doesn't meet minimum requirements and probably wont run the game at all?  This message covers up all but the bottom few of the main settings on this page and i cannot get the message to close?

I have an Asus, G74SX with 2.6 GHz i7 CPU, 16 GB of RAM and nVidia GTX 560M with 3GB of VRAM!!! I'm inclined to think my system is up to running this 2007 software??  System is less than 8 months old from new.

The game will run fine and it puts me in the Drivers seat but i can't seem to get F9 External View to work, i just end up stuck in the Drivers position, in fact none of the F View keys work to change positions within the tank?  The map view is the only one that works?

Any assistance or advice would be appreciated guys?

Many thanks.
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2012, 12:10:04 AM »

Please post your system specs.
Depending on your specs, you might need to try some general remedies first:

- Update / reinstall DirectX 9
- Update your video and sound drivers
- Disable anti-aliasing
- Update or deactivate any special keyboard drivers

The game might not recognize some of the newer hardware, so you have to edit the config.engcfg file manually.
In the i_render:render() section, you can input your resolution manually, for example:

bb_wid   =   1280;
   bb_hei   =   1024;
   bb_freq   =   70;

Good luck,

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2012, 02:12:25 AM »

Minimi66 welcome to the game and to the forum!

Re your graphic card, often the game doesn't recognise your gpu.I have the same issue with my Qosmio laptop which comes with a GTX560M 1.5gb ddr5.Nevertheless the game plays fine.TRy Kyth's advice and input your res manually.Also disable the "Use Desktop Resolution" icon in your games Main Settings you'll gain lots of fps.The game basically does not take adavantage of multicore systems so having big specs does not give you such a huge advantage.But it's stable and not buggy.

REe your crew positions, start your game and go into Game Options, select Control Settings and there Crew Positions.It should give you the F keys and what they are being used for by default.For example you should have F1 Switch to driver etc . If need be set them yourself to the crew positions.|i suspect they are not set properly .
minimi66
Major

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2012, 08:41:07 AM »

Kyth, frinik,

Guys, thanks very much for the advice, i uninstalled the game and mods last night as i thought it might be better to re-install today and start afresh?  Was pretty frustrated in the end last night!

System specs as follows:

Asus G74SX Gaming laptop (G74SX Mainboard....obviously! Grin)
Intel Core i7 2670QM @2.2-3.0GHz CPU using Speedstep not OC'd
16 GB Samsung DDR3 RAM @1.33GHz
Crucial M4 256 GB SSD
nVidia GeForce GTX 560M 3GB VRAM @1.5 GHz
Realtek Hi Def Audio Card
Western Digital 750 GB HDD
Windows 7 Home (64Bit)
using 40" Samsung D9000 SMART TV as monitor over HDMI interface (1920 x 1080 x 32 @ 60Hz)
SBK42 is installed to the root C:\ drive and not Program Files or Program Files(86) directories as recommended on this forum.

I am going to re-install again shortly and i will definitely try the stuff you have recommended.  Just to confirm also, how do you know within the game that all the mods and updates have installed and are properly activated by JSGME?  The thing is when i was playing around with the game and the settings yesterday the game seemed like the bog standard game i remember from when i bought it back in 07?  No additional missions, vehicles or anything particularly new or different at all?  And i couldn't find reference to any Version number or other indication that the Unofficial patch, SPM 1.5 Beta, Ultimate upgrade or UU Patch were installed and activated by JSGME?

The install process i followed was:

1.  Install base game from purchased DVD
2.  Download JSGME and install into root SBK42 folder
3.  Run JSGME once to create MODS, Backup folders
4.  Download the 4 main patches and mods i mentioned above
5.  Create sub-folders in JSGME MOD folder for each of these mods/patches
6.  Double-click and extract each mod into the sub-folders in MODS. i.e. Unofficial patch extracted into Unofficial patch sub-folder in MODS etc etc.
7.  Open JSGME and Activate the 4 patches/mods in the order recommended on this forum i.e. Unofficial, SPM 1.5, UU, UU Patch.
8.  Start game and crack on???

Did i do anything wrong here guys?

I was just expecting to see something cosmetically different about the screens in game that would give me a warm and fuzzy that all the above had worked?  But as i said it all seemed just like it was back in 07??
Another point to mention is after downloading and installing JSGME there were TWO versions of it installed on my desktop, a Generic Mod Enabler and a Steel Beasts Mod Enabler??  When i started extracting and installing the mods, some would appear in the GME and others would appear in the SBME???  I did get all 4 into the GME and activated but wtf?  Which one are used supposed to use?  Does it matter?  A bit confusing!

Any further advice appreciated, will re-install again as per above and will post if the problems persist.  Really want to get this game running as it seems so much hard work has gone in by the community over the last 5 years!  Tigers in SBK42!!!  Holy c**p, got to have a piece of that!  Grin Grin Grin

Many thanks guys.
minimi66
Major

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2012, 12:00:23 PM »

Hi,

Ok guys, made some progress this morning. Re-installed base game but not mods and patches yet (one step at a time??)  I edited bb_wid etc in the confeng config file and yes i am now running the actual game and pre-game menus in 1920 x 1080 x 32 @ 60Hz which is great as it looks bloody gorgeous on my Samsung 40" SMART TV!!  Getting 50-60 FPS so its using the video card to its potential i'd say.  I went into nVidia Control Panel Application settings and disabled ALL Anti-aliasing settings when running starter.exe  i didn't try it with AA enabled but after your advice i assume it will either just not use this or will crash the game etc??  Is it worth trying it?

Now to install the patches and updates again and see if i can access all the new content etc?

Cheers for the help so far.
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2012, 12:26:51 PM »

I went into nVidia Control Panel Application settings and disabled ALL Anti-aliasing settings when running starter.exe
The game looks horribly without AA. For er videocard it's a piece of cake to switch on AA 16x and anisotropy 16x. I've (460 GTX) with AA 4x enabled and of course, it's better then look at the ugly triangulars of the tanks Smiley

Provocative signature removed
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2012, 02:01:58 PM »

To get AA in the game, it's worth trying a nifty tool called 'Nvidia Inspector'. It appears to give a lot more control over the video card:

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=336854

"Yes."
minimi66
Major

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2012, 03:07:17 PM »

Hi,

Yes, AA is now enabled via nVidia Control Panel and the games looks fantastic, might even crank the settings up a bit more and see how it goes?

Still just running on the Unofficial patch at the moment to get used to the game again, going to install SPM 1.5 Beta now and try that?  Should i be looking for anything evidence in-game that it has installed ok?

Thanks again for all the help so far guys.  I'm getting there!
minimi66
Major

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2012, 06:59:21 PM »

Ok, so all was going fine with the Unofficial patch.  I've now installed all the other recommended patches and mods in the order specified and i can see lots of new options, missions, vehicles etc in the pre-game menu's.  The problem now is all pre-game screens and menu's are in Russian???  How do i fix this?

The game itself seems to run fine, in fact thats an understatement as the mission i chose to run to try it out was one of the most spectacular and immersive gaming missions i've EVER experienced!! 

And i was a Marine for 23 years!! 

No idea what the mission was called (because all the screens are in Russian!!) but it was a Russian night attack on a hill will starshell illumination and dug in 88's to deal with??  BRILLIANT!!!

Help me sort out this Russian text problem guys so i can get back to this amazing action and start re-learning this sim in earnest again!!

Like i said, i've had Russian text since installing SPM 1.5 beta onwards??

Cheers guys.

In fact the mission was T-34 Weapon of Victory! Awesome!  Kudos and respect to whoever designed that, very realistic!
minimi66
Major

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2012, 07:08:43 PM »

Cancel my last guys!!

SPM 1.5 Beta English patch downloaded and installed and no more Russian screens!!  Whooo hoooo!!

Now for some gameplay!!   Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
minimi66
Major

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2012, 07:22:43 PM »

Ok, i tried the Tiger Ausf H mission and on stating into the actual in game portion i got:

Exception core:
001: Error initialization program.

lastbugreport.txt

White screen CTD i've seen people talking abouton this forum.

Any ideas guys?  This sure is painful!!
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2012, 08:04:15 PM »

Ok, i tried the Tiger Ausf H mission and on stating into the actual in game portion i got:
Exception core:
001: Error initialization program.
This message does say nothing. What was the percent of downloading when u got CTD? What the name of mission?
For any case print a content of the next file. (This file has a name of the last mission).
...Steel Fury - Kharkov 1942\data\k42\loc_rus\levels\cur_mission.engcfg
ie:
Code:
main()
{
cur_mission = levels\levels\cm_pack_mission20\real_churchill.level;
cur_code = campaign04;
cur_camp = mission_pack20;
image = churchill_misn.jpg;
citate = txt_cit_churchill;
citate_num = 8;
end_image = ;
end_text = ;
beg_video = ;
end_video = ;
} //end of main
_vars() {}

minimi66
Major

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2012, 08:34:13 PM »

Hi lockie,

Okay, i selected the mission, it loaded ok all the way to the point where i had the map screen and mission briefing up ok.  Then when i clicked Return to Mission it crashed to that error message, just tried it again and same deal?

Here is the contents of cur_mission.engcfg:

Code:

main()
{
   cur_mission   =   levels\levels\cm_werm_new\CC02_tigr_Nepokritoe.level;
   cur_code   =   campaign2;
   cur_camp   =   werm_new;
   image   =   tigr_1.jpg;
   citate   =   txt_cit_02;
   citate_num   =   20;
   end_image   =   ;
   end_text   =   ;
   beg_video   =   PanzerVI_1.ogg;
   end_video   =   ;
} //end of main
_vars() {}

Thanks for assisting.
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2012, 09:16:17 PM »

Hi lockie,

Okay, i selected the mission, it loaded ok all the way to the point where i had the map screen and mission briefing up ok.  Then when i clicked Return to Mission it crashed to that error message, just tried it again and same deal?
It's interesting mistake, I got smth. similar a couple times. I think, there's smth. wrong with block addins() (additional subjects on the soldiers, i.e. tankhelmet, flask etc). This mission is stock mission for the SPM1.5 and it does that patch SPM UU corrupted it. I'll have a look what it does. Try any missions for the soviet, i.e. IS-2 or smth.

minimi66
Major

« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2012, 10:01:47 PM »

Hi lockie,

Just played IS-122 Gusarovka 18:30 with no problems at all so so far the only mission i've had a problem with is the Tiger Ausf H one previously mentioned.  I will keep working through them and see if any more have problems.

Thanks for the continued help.

I am loving this game though!  So immersive!
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2012, 10:21:14 PM »

Just played IS-122 Gusarovka 18:30 with no problems at all
OK it does that smth. wrong with a german part. I'll check it out when get a time. I'd like to recommend u a mission pack 1.0c. This pack was originally organized for the eng. game version . Also try two companies(PzIII, Pz38(t)) by Kyth. U'll get a good portion of adrenaline Cheesy

minimi66
Major

« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2012, 06:31:22 AM »

@lockie,

Ok, you are correct about the problem being with the Ultimate Upgrade and/or UU Patch.  I just removed both of these in JSGME and the Tiger Ausf H mission worked like an absolute dream!! AWESOME!! 

I had that same White 001 CTD with quite a few other missions last night so i'll now try those again and see if they also work ok without UU and UU Patch activated?  Hope this narrows down the search for any problem that can be fixed with UU?

Will keep posting results.  What exactly do you gain from having the Ultimate Upgrade and Patch?  What am i missing from not having it?

Thanks again.
minimi66
Major

« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2012, 06:46:01 AM »

@lockie

Ok, i managed to grab your Mission Pack 1.0c but i did a search for "two companies(PzIII, Pz38(t)" by Kyth and couldn't find a download location?  Can you point me to it lockie?

Thanks very much.
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2012, 07:07:42 AM »

i did a search for "two companies(PzIII, Pz38(t)" by Kyth and couldn't find a download location? 

Shocking. I find that shocking.  Tongue

Here they are!

Panzer III campaign:
http://www.4shared.com/file/gEekmKR6/KythCampaign.html

Panzer 38(t) campaign:
http://www.4shared.com/rar/6eNyGJsH/KythCampaign2.html

"Yes."
minimi66
Major

« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2012, 09:20:45 AM »

Er yeah! really sorry because just after i posted that last comment, guess what?  I found the download locations!! Lol! Sorry mate, i was probably being lazy!  Grin Grin Grin
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: