Graviteam
March 19, 2024, 03:58:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
  Print  
Author Topic: Mission Pack 2.1  (Read 81944 times)
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #40 on: November 29, 2012, 12:13:42 PM »

To frinik, what's your secret? I put myself in a hull-down on top of one of the hills so that only my turret is showing, but I can generally only manage about 12-14 kills before I get nuked by a JS-122.

Whukid my secret is simple:precise, long range shooting. I use the Tiger's excellent optics and and deadly Kwk36 to kill as many tanks as possible from ranges as far as 1700 metres and more.I also select the targets based on lethality.For example I will alway target Su-100s and JS-2s first as they are deadly even at long range.TheSU-85 and T-34/85s come next with the rest of the fray in 3 rd place the 76 mm calibre threats( Shermans, T34/76 etc) and the slow firing and low velocity threats like the SU-122/ 152 last. For example in the Seelow Heights mission I killed half the tanks when they were at ranges of 1200 metres and beyond. I also use concealment as much as possible. I have made many practice missions with the Tiger I and II, Jagdpanther, Panther, Pzr IV/H , KV-85 and KV-1 so that my shooting skills are good to the point I can easily and accurately estimate the distance to the target and kill/disable it with 1 or 2 shots even if it's moving.With the Tiger I my best shot in game( I have a pic) is a T34-85 which I killed at 1980 metres( on the Zawody map).With the Jagdpanther a little over 2000 metres with the Panther(D) 1786 metres, with the Tiger II it's 2242 metres.The maps are too small to have longer shots but long enough to achieve long range kills.Some maps like Izum, Kazan, Gerasimovo, Zawody, Dolina etc give you just the right combo of a vast expanse of flat land or plains and a couple of Hills where you can park your tank and turkey shoot tanks from far away.BSSR1 by Deviator with it's  lovely steep hills and depressions and lakes is perfect for long range and ambush type missions.

BTW thw Kwk43 is an amzing weapon it's long range killing capacity both in game and in real life combined wiht the excellent optics made it probably the best anti tank weapon of the war.Considering the Tiger II could pack up to 86 shells( half AP half HE) with a reload rate almost 3 times the JS-2 and a powerful armour could have made it an awesome mass tanks killing machine had the Germans produced or deployed it in late 1942 or early 1943 in the numbers originally planned ( 1500 units) instead of the Tiger I before they suffered shortages of fuel snd training and constant retreats. Soviet victory in the East could have been delayed by 6 months or more.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 12:27:33 PM by frinik » Logged
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #41 on: November 29, 2012, 04:57:35 PM »

frinik, how do you gauge the distance out beyond 1000m?

Bring back 3D markers!
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #42 on: November 29, 2012, 05:58:59 PM »

I found mistake in the mission "Unnamed Hill". Here's my variant with fixing, if I'll get report that mission goes smoothly, then I'll re-include it in the "Mission pack2.0".
d/l:
http://www.4shared.com/get/MZX1FaDA/Unnamed_hil_pack20_01.html

Provocative signature removed
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #43 on: November 29, 2012, 06:17:39 PM »

My secret is that I use the gunsight tzf12 for the Tiger I instead of the tzf9a or b which I dislike.It's similar to the one used by the Panther but the magnification for the Tiger a bit more and with the horizontal line as a base and adjusting the reticle based on approximate distance and with practice( + I have a keen eye for distances) I have become quite proficient at quickly adjusting the range and hitting targets.Plus I set the AP shell complement for the Tiger I at 60( 32 HE) as per historical data thus I rarely run out of shells even when confronted with a multiplicity of targets.With the Steel Panzer mod 1.4 I managed to put a max of 144 tanks on the battlefield and still get decent frame rates.With Beta 1.5 or Ultimate 80 is the max I can field.No infantry thoughbecause it kills the fps.With infantry I have to reduce the number of the tanks/spgs to 45 to 60.
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #44 on: November 29, 2012, 07:47:19 PM »

My secret is that I use the gunsight tzf12 for the Tiger I instead of the tzf9a or b which I dislike.It's similar to the one used by the Panther but the magnification for the Tiger a bit more and with the horizontal line as a base and adjusting the reticle based on approximate distance and with practice( + I have a keen eye for distances) I have become quite proficient at quickly adjusting the range and hitting targets.Plus I set the AP shell complement for the Tiger I at 60( 32 HE) as per historical data thus I rarely run out of shells even when confronted with a multiplicity of targets.With the Steel Panzer mod 1.4 I managed to put a max of 144 tanks on the battlefield and still get decent frame rates.With Beta 1.5 or Ultimate 80 is the max I can field.No infantry thoughbecause it kills the fps.With infantry I have to reduce the number of the tanks/spgs to 45 to 60.

Where do you find the tzf12 for the Tiger I?
How do you adjust the number of shells that the Tiger begins the mission with?

Bring back 3D markers!
Panzerfaust
Generalmajor

« Reply #45 on: November 30, 2012, 12:56:01 AM »

I found mistake in the mission "Unnamed Hill". Here's my variant with fixing, if I'll get report that mission goes smoothly, then I'll re-include it in the "Mission pack2.0".
d/l:
http://www.4shared.com/get/MZX1FaDA/Unnamed_hil_pack20_01.html

Thanks lockie will test it out ASAP. Thanks for making this new mission pack. I did try the earlier mission pack 1c a couple years ago but the missions just refused to work properly. It was a real shame as I was never able to get the earlier single missions by stone2009, deviator and others to work right in SFK42 either. I really enjoy finally getting to try these missions by the earliest SFK42 ME pioneers.  I will list my 3 favorite as soon as I have had a chance to really spend some quality time with them  Wink
Cheers
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #46 on: November 30, 2012, 01:45:47 AM »

The tzf12 was the original gun optic for the Tiger I when the Tiger mod came out in 2009.I think it's a binocular versus the tzf9b which is monocular. When they switched from the tzf12 to the 9 a or b I didn't like it so I kept copies of the tzf12.Everytime a new mod comes out I systematically switch the opitcs in the tech_cfg folder which is where you incidentally adjust the number of shell as below:

//ïðèöåëû
   sights()
   {

sig_gunner,    s_camera_gunner,    tzf12,         0.0, sig_gunner, ;

If you want it just replace the standard tzf9b by tzf12  on this line in your Tiger I tech_cfg folder instead of the original one.

For the shells just manually replace the standard 39 ,5, 32 by what's below.I've done away with the PZgr40 for 2 reasons, after mid 1943 due to shortage of wolfram(tungsten) and manganese they were reserved for the PaK crews and seondly in game they are useless .Too light they don't do any damage.
:
//áîåêîìïëåêò
   shells()
   {

PZGR39_88K, 60, 0, 0;         
      PZGR40_88K, 0, 0, 0;
      SPRGR_88K, 32, 0, 1;

BUL_792, 5100;

RE shooting another tip: The co-axial MG( the one next to the main gun)'s elevation is synchronised to the gun 's.Thus after adjusting the reticle to aim at the target what you do is fire a burst of machine gun rather than shoot the main gun.Check where the tracers land as it 's where your shell will also land/hit.Thus you can quickly adjust your aim before firing the gun and save your shells...very useful for long range shooting when your target is too far away to hit back.Even at mid ranges it allows you to hit the target before it can hit you...

« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 01:49:33 AM by frinik » Logged
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #47 on: November 30, 2012, 05:15:25 AM »

I can't find the tech_cfg folder.  What is the path?

Bring back 3D markers!
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #48 on: November 30, 2012, 05:55:41 AM »

Do you have to download the site or is it already in the game?

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #49 on: November 30, 2012, 06:54:59 AM »

Tanker, the tech_cfg folders are in your game main data folder: data/k_42/levels/LEVELS/tech_cfg.

You can open them with either Notepad or Microsoft word.Just save what ever changes you make before exiting the file

Whukid is your question to me ?
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #50 on: November 30, 2012, 02:17:42 PM »

Here's another citation from the mission.
And raised a hundreds Ivanov and drifted through the deep snow under cross shots of german machine guns. And the Germans in warm pillboxes, well-fed and drunk, insolent, provided with everything, all figured out, all areas were under fire and shot, shot as at the rifle-range. However, the enemy soldiers were not so easy. Recently a german veteran told me that the gunners of his regiment were cases of insanity: it’s not so easy to kill people in a row by the row - and they still come and come, and there is no see the end of them.
Nikulin N. N. "The Memories about the war"; 

It's absolutely out of my mind. German machine-gunners had a cases of insanity. I think it was a single type of harm, which soviet generals try to use against enemy...
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 02:58:50 PM by lockie » Logged

Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #51 on: November 30, 2012, 04:55:41 PM »

Tanker, the tech_cfg folders are in your game main data folder: data/k_42/levels/LEVELS/tech_cfg.

You can open them with either Notepad or Microsoft word.Just save what ever changes you make before exiting the file

frinik, I have two tiger cfg files.  One is tiger.engcfg  11/14/2012  50kb (NTA update perhaps?)  And the other is tigerr.engcfg 3/13/2012 11kb (notice the double r in tgerr)
These seem to be the only files that are like that.  Which one do I modify?
Does anyone else have this setup?

Bring back 3D markers!
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #52 on: November 30, 2012, 05:26:34 PM »

The Tigerr stands for the Soviet Trophy Tiger ( r is for Russian I guess).The first one, the biggest, is the one that contains all 3 German models of the Tiger I, the 1943 H version, the SS and the late( 1944) which should be called Ausf E rather than H.You have to make the changes to the entries for all 3 models so they all have the same characteristics.It's annoying but only 5 -10 mins of work.If you feel like it do it for the Trophy Tiger if you are planning to play it.
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #53 on: November 30, 2012, 05:27:53 PM »

And the other is tigerr.engcfg 3/13/2012 11kb (notice the double r in tgerr)
I can't help myself to answer Smiley
tgerr means a trophy soviet tiger Wink
So, if u want to change an ammunition quantity, u've to go to the file:
...\data\k42\loc_rus\levels\levels\tech_cfg\tiger.engcfg
and make the next changes in the block shell in case double it:
shells()
{
PZGR39_88K,   78, 0, 0;
PZGR40_88K,   10, 0, 0;
SPRGR_88K,   76, 0, 1;
SMK_MT,      24, 0, 3;
BUL_792,   10200;
}

But I'd recommend to make changes in the mission as for ammunition quantity.

Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #54 on: November 30, 2012, 05:30:07 PM »

Thanks guys.  That clears it up.  I was mainly interested in changing the sights, to see what the difference was between the two.

Bring back 3D markers!
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #55 on: November 30, 2012, 05:43:15 PM »

I was mainly interested in changing the sights, to see what the difference was between the two.
Another note, according to my experience - don't use Word to correct entries. Use notepad++ it's a good choice.

Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #56 on: November 30, 2012, 07:00:25 PM »

I was playing the lone KV-1E defending the village against hordes of German Pz III and IV.  I was a bit disappointed by the effectiveness of the armor piercing shell, sub calibre I think it's called.  I'm surprised it takes 2-3 shots in the sides and backs of these tanks to disable them.  Perhaps my expectations are too high but I was hoping for more from a high velocity shell at 600m.

Although expecting to pull a Michael Wittmann against so many opponents is perhaps a high expectation by itself Grin

I'll have to try the HEAT (cumulative?) round to see if there is a difference.

Bring back 3D markers!
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #57 on: November 30, 2012, 07:52:03 PM »

I was playing the lone KV-1E defending the village against hordes of German Pz III and IV.  I was a bit disappointed by the effectiveness of the armor piercing shell, sub calibre I think it's called.  I'm surprised it takes 2-3 shots in the sides and backs of these tanks to disable them.
Don't forget it's a game Smiley
This time u play for the soviet, another time u play for the german. I.e. some german spg has arm_str=2100 and even more at first Wink
What I like this game that u've always a chance to make adjustment Wink

Perhaps my expectations are too high but I was hoping for more from a high velocity shell at 600m.
After some patches, I'm not sure that german tanks had armor piercing shell at the 1941y.

Although expecting to pull a Michael Wittmann against so many opponents is perhaps a high expectation by itself Grin
Should we expect tu see a new mission? Wink

lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #58 on: November 30, 2012, 09:25:52 PM »

A beautiful view on the lake "Deep Hole" in the  mission "Go, bike, go!"  Tongue

whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #59 on: November 30, 2012, 09:56:39 PM »

RAF planes in a Russian vs. German game. Hilarious. Grin

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
  Print  

Jump to: