Graviteam
March 19, 2024, 08:46:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
  Print  
Author Topic: Mission Pack 2.1  (Read 81957 times)
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #60 on: November 30, 2012, 10:01:21 PM »

RAF planes in a Russian vs. German game. Hilarious. Grin
A british bomber has lost his head for the right course Wink

Provocative signature removed
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #61 on: December 01, 2012, 03:58:11 AM »

.I've done away with the PZgr40 for 2 reasons, after mid 1943 due to shortage of wolfram(tungsten) and manganese they were reserved for the PaK crews and seondly in game they are useless .Too light they don't do any damage.

That's what I was telling you Tanker.That's why i remo9ved them form the German tanks ammo complement.I replace them with the equivalent in straight AP. Because they are too light their either bounce or seem to go straight through without making any damage. That's one issue with Steel Fury the objects are too light.

On the other hand the HE shells of the KV are very effective against light armoured panzers like the Panzer IIIs and IVs.And the kV series is about the only series of Soviet tanks that carry a shell complement comparable to the German ones. I remeber playing the stock Gusarovka mission with the KV-1 and I finsished it with 19 German tanks and apcs destroyed and over 100 infantry killed mostly using HE shells.
Panzerfaust
Generalmajor

« Reply #62 on: December 01, 2012, 11:36:17 PM »

I found mistake in the mission "Unnamed Hill". Here's my variant with fixing, if I'll get report that mission goes smoothly, then I'll re-include it in the "Mission pack2.0".
d/l:
http://www.4shared.com/get/MZX1FaDA/Unnamed_hil_pack20_01.html

Hi lockie,
Have tried the patch for Unnamed Hill and it seems to work great. I was able to withstand the German onslaught, advance and help capture the village in my trusty KV-1  Wink The only problem I noticed is my KV-1 (and I do believe the others tanks also) seem to be lacking any markings (slogans or national emblems). I do recall before the patch my KV-1 had no national emblems but did have a slogan on the turret  Huh? .
Cheers
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #63 on: December 02, 2012, 02:45:53 AM »

Panzer faust it's very easy to solve.Go to the KV-1 tech_cfg file Open it and check the following entry:

mslots()
   {
      //Fragment,    Marking,          Size, Rotation, Displacement
      slog,      s_mark_rturr_b, ,      1.1,     0,   0.015;
      slog,      s_mark_lturr_b, ,      1.1,     0,   0.01;
      rhomb,      s_mark_rturr_b, ,      1.2,     0,   0.015;
      rhomb,      s_mark_lturr_b, ,      1.2,     0,   0.01;
      mark,      s_mark_rturr_m, ,       1.0,     0,   0.01;
      mark,      s_mark_lturr_m, ,       1.0,     0,   0.01;
      num,      s_num_xx,   s_num_rf,   1.5,     0,   0.01;
      num,      s_num_xx,   s_num_lf,   1.5,     0,   0.01;
   }
}

If it's got  2 slash // bars ahead of the slog, entries just delete them , save and exit the file and your slogans will be back.
Panzerfaust
Generalmajor

« Reply #64 on: December 02, 2012, 03:32:40 AM »

Thanks ol'buddy there was two  // in front of the first slog entry but no // in front of any of the others. I fired up Unnamed Hill and my KV-1 now had one red star on the right turret face (none on the left). Looked at the entry again (just rechecking) and fired the mission up again. This time my KV-1 had no markings whatsoever again but the other KV-1 had a slogan on it. So are markings/slogans and if you do or don't get them on your tank really that random? Also one other question comrade, I noticed your KV-1 tech_cfg mslots entries had a lot of different entries and numerical values then whats in my KV-1 tech_cfg mslots file, is this a frinik special homebrew  Wink
Cheers
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #65 on: December 02, 2012, 04:05:13 AM »

Thanks ol'buddy there was two  // in front of the first slog entry but no // in front of any of the others. I fired up Unnamed Hill and my KV-1 now had one red star on the right turret face (none on the left). Looked at the entry again (just rechecking) and fired the mission up again. This time my KV-1 had no markings whatsoever again but the other KV-1 had a slogan on it. So are markings/slogans and if you do or don't get them on your tank really that random? Also one other question comrade, I noticed your KV-1 tech_cfg mslots entries had a lot of different entries and numerical values then whats in my KV-1 tech_cfg mslots file, is this a frinik special homebrew  Wink
Cheers

Little do they know, that's Kyth's special homebrewed markings mod. Included in all updates to SPM 1.5  Cheesy

For example:

s_mark_rturr_b = right turret marking, back
s_mark_lturr_b = left turret marking, back
s_mark_rturr_m = right turret marking, middle
s_mark_lturr_m = left turret marking, middle

rhomb = the geometric shape with the unit number
mark = the national marking
slog = the patriotic slogan
num = tank turret number

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
Panzerfaust
Generalmajor

« Reply #66 on: December 02, 2012, 04:37:25 AM »

Ahhhh I see Kyth, so lockies mission pack could have changed these values (unintentionally?) from what was upgraded in the SPM 1.5 UU because of these older missions in the new NTA? Can I change these values back? My RU tanks look naked without markings  Cheesy
Cheers
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #67 on: December 02, 2012, 07:20:50 AM »

Have tried the patch for Unnamed Hill and it seems to work great.
Good news, then I'll include this fix into mission pack and re-upload it!

The only problem I noticed is my KV-1 (and I do believe the others tanks also) seem to be lacking any markings (slogans or national emblems). I do recall before the patch my KV-1 had no national emblems but did have a slogan on the turret  Huh? .
I didn't change any, except some tweaks in script.

lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #68 on: December 02, 2012, 07:23:15 AM »

Ahhhh I see Kyth, so lockies mission pack could have changed these values (unintentionally?)
No, I did change nothing in cfg files of KV-1, exceprt I re-enabled KV-1(rounded turret).

from what was upgraded in the SPM 1.5 UU because of these older missions in the new NTA? Can I change these values back? My RU tanks look naked without markings  Cheesy
I think, only Kyth can help us in this case Wink

Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #69 on: December 02, 2012, 09:49:28 AM »

from what was upgraded in the SPM 1.5 UU because of these older missions in the new NTA? Can I change these values back? My RU tanks look naked without markings  Cheesy

Hi,

Those slogans and national markings are random. There's an 80% - 90% chance they won't show up.
(By the way, I didn't change those probabilities, they're the originals.)

Historically speaking, I hope you don't think there was some sort of slogan over every Soviet tank. Cheesy Majority of early-war tanks had no markings whatsoever.

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #70 on: December 02, 2012, 09:53:31 AM »

Panzi it happens to me all the time, every time there's a new mod my markings just disappear and I have to re-enable them.No idea why.Some files being over written I guess.One simple tip once you have a tech_cfg file which contains all the markingd and chnages that you have made and like just save it into a folder and thus you can use as back-up.
Panzerfaust
Generalmajor

« Reply #71 on: December 02, 2012, 12:23:17 PM »

Thanks for all the help guys. Sorry lockie wasn't trying to imply you or anyone was doing something nefarious, just wondered if something crept in unintentionally  Smiley . Your absolutly spot on Kyth, I did read somewhere long ago that slogans and even national markings were many times not present on Russian armor due to mass production/high losses in the field. Same goes for paint jobs as many Russian tanks got a coat of whatever was available at the plant doing the manufacturing, if it was close enough to mil spec on it went. Wonder why we have not seen a tractor green skin yet?  Grin

Good ideal frinik will have to do this. It's partly my fault as I never pay attention to the JSGME screen when it states xxxx files wants to overwrite xxxx files  Cheesy
Cheers
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #72 on: December 02, 2012, 12:33:23 PM »

Speaking of paint job I wonder if soembody could come up with a better paint colour camo for the Soviet trophy Tiger I?Something along the line of the T-44 mixed olive green and bright green camo perhaps...
Mistwalker
Oberst

« Reply #73 on: December 02, 2012, 01:22:28 PM »

Speaking of paint job I wonder if soembody could come up with a better paint colour camo for the Soviet trophy Tiger I?Something along the line of the T-44 mixed olive green and bright green camo perhaps...
The trophy tiger needs a normal updated model first. Not some old crap.
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #74 on: December 02, 2012, 02:19:26 PM »

I guess unlike the other Tiger I modelswhich have been remodelled the Trophy Tiger is the original one introduced in 2009? Where was model taken from and who made it?
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #75 on: December 02, 2012, 03:00:11 PM »

Where was model taken from and who made it?
I think, that all tigers models were taken from SPM UU. Same crap as it was before Wink But with one moment, all tigers were adjusted to have a new inner interior.

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #76 on: December 02, 2012, 03:23:02 PM »

No I meant the Tiger I that first appeared in the Tiger_0.97 mod?
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #77 on: December 02, 2012, 03:43:46 PM »

No I meant the Tiger I that first appeared in the Tiger_0.97 mod?
I think yes, but I'm not ready to confirm.

Mistwalker
Oberst

« Reply #78 on: December 02, 2012, 05:41:59 PM »

I guess unlike the other Tiger I modelswhich have been remodelled the Trophy Tiger is the original one introduced in 2009? Where was model taken from and who made it?

The tiger models were all introduced by me, from newest to oldest.  2 of them (the plain yellow and late tiger) currently have historically correct models. The "SS tiger" has the outdated model, textured by Maleshkin (not bad from afar but strange looking in some places if you look close). And the trophy tiger is some of the earliest shit ever.
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #79 on: December 02, 2012, 05:52:11 PM »

Did you model thme from scratched or where thye intended for other games like some of the vehicles we have were made for Achtung Panzer etc.

I never understood exactly why is Maleshkin's model called SS?The SS Tiger units did not have nay special or different Tigers as far as I know?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
  Print  

Jump to: