Graviteam
April 20, 2024, 10:46:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 47
  Print  
Author Topic: NTA Mod (English version)  (Read 519251 times)
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #60 on: December 02, 2012, 02:50:30 PM »

By the way, what is the reason of having 150 mbytes of polygon files in the patch? What does that change?
Two compaings  by Kyth were included.
see readme for more details.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 03:01:58 PM by lockie » Logged

Provocative signature removed
Mistwalker
Oberst

« Reply #61 on: December 02, 2012, 05:34:34 PM »

Two compaings  by Kyth were included.
see readme for more details.

Hmm. So it's for 38(t) campaign. I think it's arguable decision. I'd rather try to keep polygon files out of the patch. They take too much place (about 130 mb archived) that could be used for something else.
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #62 on: December 02, 2012, 05:51:54 PM »

Hmm. So it's for 38(t) campaign.
It's a VERY GOOD campaign! I think it's even better than PzIII campaign. And I'm sure personally, that this campaign is a BEST at the current moment for SF, imho.

I think it's arguable decision.
It's er point.

I'd rather try to keep polygon files out of the patch. They take too much place (about 130 mb archived) that could be used for something else.
Well, I've made my decision(after discussion) and I'm sure that all SF community prefer already prepared EXCELLENT campaign INCLUDED to the very doubtful economize moment of "too much place". But u may have er personal decision - what will be better to everyone.

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #63 on: December 02, 2012, 05:55:54 PM »

I agree with Lockie Kyth's missions are excellent, fictitious may be, but excellent nonetheless.If we want to save some space I'd rather that we trim the ME of the plethora of sometimes useless models that we have( Hem like British airplanes for example).
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #64 on: December 02, 2012, 05:58:38 PM »

They take too much place (about 130 mb archived) that could be used for something else.
Also, what could be better than existent campaign? Another tanks, spg or whatever? SF - it's a game for the users. So, one excellent campaign - much better then 10 new tanks, which are completely unuseful without appropriate missions, imho.

Mistwalker
Oberst

« Reply #65 on: December 02, 2012, 06:10:21 PM »

Well, I've made my decision(after discussion) and I'm sure that all SF community prefer already prepared EXCELLENT campaign INCLUDED to the very doubtful economize moment of "too much place".
Why wouldn't you include the entire mission pack in the next version of the patch then?

Also, what could be better than existent campaign? Another tanks, spg or whatever?
In this case - the first should be the things that change visuals in the vast quanity of missions and make fixes. That's why it's called the "patch".

Mistwalker
Oberst

« Reply #66 on: December 02, 2012, 06:23:06 PM »

If we want to save some space I'd rather that we trim the ME of the plethora of sometimes useless models that we have( Hem like British airplanes for example).
I second that. Maybe it's already the time to reupload the enture UU as Dec. 2012 Ultimate Update (and include arguable polygon files there too). The only problem is there are some missions that may use some of those planes.
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #67 on: December 02, 2012, 06:34:06 PM »

Why wouldn't you include the entire mission pack in the next version of the patch then?
Coz it's already included into November Smiley  Grin

In this case - the first should be the things that change visuals in the vast quanity of missions and make fixes. That's why it's called the "patch".
Patch means, first of all - a comfort for the users, but if u've another point, I don't mind.

Mistwalker
Oberst

« Reply #68 on: December 02, 2012, 06:50:55 PM »

Coz it's already included into November

I mean this pack: http://graviteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=10934.0
I can't see where it's included in the November patch.  Huh?

Patch means, first of all - a comfort for the users, but if u've another point, I don't mind.

It's not "another point", it's a common definition. The major role of videogame "patch" is to fix the problems and update functionality of the software. Check the meaning of the word.
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #69 on: December 02, 2012, 07:14:31 PM »

I mean this pack: http://graviteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=10934.0
I can't see where it's included in the November patch.  Huh?
There are a couple reasons, why this pack(2.0) wasn't included into UpdNov2012(NTA):
1. It's a compilation, not a campaign.
2. I don't have permission of all authors to include it into UpdNov2012(NTA). I've permission from ALL authors to include their missions EXACTLY into Mission Pack 2.0. (Also I've permission to make translation into english).
Any questions?

It's not "another point", it's a common definition. The major role of videogame "patch" is to fix the problems and update functionality of the software. Check the meaning of the word.
OK, then make up er mind Smiley I would be pleased together with a famous SF community to have a look on the "common definition" Wink

Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #70 on: December 03, 2012, 01:12:13 PM »

Thanks for the support, guys!

Much appreciated!

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
Mistwalker
Oberst

« Reply #71 on: December 03, 2012, 03:27:06 PM »

I don't have permission of all authors to include it into UpdNov2012(NTA).
Would you include it in the patch if you'd have the permission? At least partially?

would be pleased together with a famous SF community to have a look on the "common definition"
Just google it or look in any dictionary. Oxford for example: http://oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/patch?q=patch.
Check N6.
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #72 on: December 03, 2012, 03:41:26 PM »

Would you include it in the patch if you'd have the permission?
No.
At least partially?
No.

Just google it or look in any dictionary. Oxford for example: http://oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/patch?q=patch.
Check N6.
I didn't make update for the oxford dictionaries Cheesy  Roll Eyes  Grin I've made it for the SF community!

Mistwalker
Oberst

« Reply #73 on: December 03, 2012, 03:47:20 PM »

No.
Why not?  Huh? There are many good missions.

I didn't make update for the oxford dictionaries Cheesy  Roll Eyes  Grin I've made it for the SF community!

You should've called it  "lockie's SF addon" or something like that then.
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #74 on: December 03, 2012, 03:54:58 PM »

Why not?  Huh? There are many good missions.
I've already answered. I recommend u to use PM.

You should've called it  "lockie's SF addon" or something like that then.
For this unnecessary personal "advice" I recommend u to use PM.

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #75 on: December 04, 2012, 01:09:17 PM »

I second that. Maybe it's already the time to reupload the enture UU as Dec. 2012 Ultimate Update (and include arguable polygon files there too). The only problem is there are some missions that may use some of those planes.

Well that should be easy to fix simply replace the British ones with Soviet ones through the ME before trimming it!.
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #76 on: December 04, 2012, 01:57:06 PM »

Hem Gentlemen Truce , Cease Fire!

A couple of suggestions; what not have missions pack 1.0C and 2.0 C combined into one pack called in all originality 3.0 C ? That would mean 60 missions....

I think having a Super Update combining the November update patch  with Lockie's new models and improvements and those mentioned in Mistwalker's planned December Update and incorporating a Mission pack 3.0C ( if the authors are willing to grant permission of course) would make sense for all SF fans and perhaps incorporating Rend's Barbarossa canpaign in addition to Kyth's 2 campaigns....I , for one , would be willing to contribute with trasnlations, testings, new sounds whatever I can do... What do you think?Huh?
 8)
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #77 on: December 04, 2012, 02:51:24 PM »

A couple of suggestions; what not have missions pack 1.0C and 2.0 C combined into one pack called in all originality 3.0 C ?
I've report that d/l time of MP 2.0 is 6-7 hours  Roll Eyes

That would mean 60 missions....
Actually, ~70 Wink

Anddy
Major

« Reply #78 on: December 04, 2012, 02:57:16 PM »

After installing the update appeared nasty bug - some trees are very much increased in size.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 03:07:34 PM by lockie » Logged
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #79 on: December 04, 2012, 03:06:01 PM »

After installing the update appeared nasty bug - some trees are very much increased in size.
Funny picture!  8)
Delete the next folder:
...Steel Fury - Kharkov 1942\data\k42\loc_rus\levels\levels\obj_cfg\flora
Delete the next file:
...Steel Fury - Kharkov 1942\data\k42\loc_rus\levels\levels\obj_cfg\flora.engcfg

Enclose picture of installation through JSGME.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 03:08:44 PM by lockie » Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 47
  Print  

Jump to: